-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, let me see if I have this right. My hard-as-chocolate-on-a-hot-day RIA will not melt if left in the sun? I can take it out of the freezer and carry it around? Wow. I am so relieved. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
...So Bricktop, again remind us; why would anyone listen to you?

For cheap entertainment? grin

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe that Rock Island came in 3rd today at the Bowling Pin shoot. Seem to work pretty well.....

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Several people shot my hard-as-chocolate-on-a-hot-day RIA (now named Old Chocolate) at the pins yesterday. I did not keep track but I was told it beat out three Kimbers and beat out a Wilson Combat twice.

I will have to say the Wilson was a dream to look at and handle. I did not shoot it in the competition but stayed true to Old Chocolate. Never in my life have I felt a trigger on any handgun as wonderful as the Wilson. It definitely put both desire and lust in my heart but Old Chocolate dropped a lot of pins including something I have been told had never been seen before. On my last round I dropped five pins in six shots only to have all five land lined up straight in a row hanging off the back of the table. It is a good thing Mark who was shooting against me did not see what I had done or he would have been rolling on the ground laughing his butt off. Instead he just cleared his table and put me out of my misery. It was pure mercy on his part.

There are a lot of really nice 1911s out there but I think I will keep Old Chocolate. It spent the day dropping pins and once again worked flawlessly.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
James Dunn and "Dr. Zark",

Thank you both for your service from an old brown shoe. After reading thru all 29 pages of this I am much more enlightened. I do hope you two gentlemen will follow Kevin's example and make yourselves available on this forum for your expertise is invaluable unlike some folks who just blow smoke up our butts and then get all indignant when we don't accept it as the Gospel.

I have a feeling that this "b rickhead " is actually a poster on another forum here who posts as Paddler; they sound so similar.

Semper Fi brothers,

Jim

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Semper_Fi57
James Dunn and "Dr. Zark",

Thank you both for your service from an old brown shoe. After reading thru all 29 pages of this I am much more enlightened. I do hope you two gentlemen will follow Kevin's example and make yourselves available on this forum for your expertise is invaluable unlike some folks who just blow smoke up our butts and then get all indignant when we don't accept it as the Gospel.

I have a feeling that this "b rickhead " is actually a poster on another forum here who posts as Paddler; they sound so similar.

Semper Fi brothers,

Jim

Jim...always good to hear from the Air Wing.....I am very much enjoying this forum and "Most" on it....Kevin is long time friend of mine and if I dont follow his lead he wont feed me beers at his house...narrow minded guy..LOL....Semper Fi and God Bless Jim

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ole Brick top reminds me of a story I Heard many years ago, it has nothing to do with 1911s, but the moral of the story still applies.

Somewhere outside of Atlanta,GA there was 4x4 hill climb going on all the 4x4s were Big Dodge Power Wagons, Ford Broncos, and Chevy Blazers with builtup big block engines, big knobby off road tires tricked out with all the latest and greatest acessories and then this redneck with his kid in tow shows up with an old WWII army jeep with an flat head four cylinder Continential engine and the origional army issue knobby tires.

Well as the story goes none of those high powered 4x4s could make to the top of the hill, but the Redneck and his kid went home with all trophies as they were the only ones to make to the top of the hill not just once but numerous times.

Myself I like the high dollar stuff too, can I afford it? No, so I'll settle for the 1911 Citadel as it does the job for my needs, and despite what Bricktop says I read the reviews from actual users not some clown on the internet who comes off like Liar24.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by W7ACT
Ole Brick top reminds me of a story I Heard many years ago, it has nothing to do with 1911s, but the moral of the story still applies.

Somewhere outside of Atlanta,GA there was 4x4 hill climb going on all the 4x4s were Big Dodge Power Wagons, Ford Broncos, and Chevy Blazers with builtup big block engines, big knobby off road tires tricked out with all the latest and greatest acessories and then this redneck with his kid in tow shows up with an old WWII army jeep with an flat head four cylinder Continential engine and the origional army issue knobby tires.

Well as the story goes none of those high powered 4x4s could make to the top of the hill, but the Redneck and his kid went home with all trophies as they were the only ones to make to the top of the hill not just once but numerous times.

Myself I like the high dollar stuff too, can I afford it? No, so I'll settle for the 1911 Citadel as it does the job for my needs, and despite what Bricktop says I read the reviews from actual users not some clown on the internet who comes off like Liar24.

LOL....Love the story....sometimes High Speed and Low drag are not for those who needs reliable tools that get the job done...without all the fuss and muss

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Scott F
hard-as-chocolate-on-a-hot-day RIA (now named Old Chocolate) once again worked flawlessly.

I LOVE IT!

Bricktop is OK, I reckon. reminds me of this old man that came in the store one day and tried to wax poetic about his exploits in Korea with an M14. When the facts were pointed out, instead of just admitting that he had mistook the receiver types stuck to his guns and insisted he was right. He then thought that he could shout the room down. No matter what we tried to say, he would not back down (all the while egging it on), despite being offered much printed evidence to the contrary. His poor attitude and being self-convinced righteousness ultimately lead to him challenging a much younger and bigger and meaner guy with an even smarter mouth to step out side. despite me and some others trying to calm them we eventually kicked them off the property, and they stepped outside (of the property) and that old man absolutely got knocked on his ass, then kicked in the teeth right when the cops showed. arrests were made, the guy hauled off to the hospital, all the shile STILL insisting he was right, and it was not his fault, any of it. Small town being what it was, some no-tooth idiot relatives showed up and tried to blame me, the store, & the counter-clerk guy, who was not only another old man, but a CCW holder too (and was locally known for shooting a guy in self-defence a few years before). the whole thing took months to blow over and it really wound up hurting our business a bit, all because some old man was just too hardheaded to back down.........kinda reminds me of someone named Brick-top

Last edited by iambrb; 08/09/11.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It says something when Bricktop doesn't even know who the quotation on his sig line is from.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Like a lot of what he spews - he googled it and believed the first link he looked at.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
It says something when Bricktop doesn't even know who the quotation on his sig line is from.

To be fair it is credited to both Sam Rayburn and LBJ....but I have always say it Sam Rayburn because he was a very trustworthy politician.....rare then....not availble now

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if they are hard as chocolate on a hot day do they work better at -20 and lower? thinking of picking one up in the next couple weeks and want to know if ive got to just use it in winter to be alright.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rattler
if they are hard as chocolate on a hot day do they work better at -20 and lower?

Nope, then it was be as brittle as a n old man that cannot admit he is wrong. wink

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
grin

Page 15 of 15 1 2 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1minute, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,502 guests, and 1,433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,971
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.