Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Just another part of the "dumbing down " of society.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No offense taken, kamo. And there are no such copies. When I mess 'em up, I send 'em along anyway as yet another clue about me. LOL!

Oddly, the one thing that I still do legibly is my signature.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
funny you mention the loss of handwriting. i got a letter from my 92 year old grand mother it was all cursive . i thought at first it may be in a different language. it is obsolete now

Last edited by bluegillman; 08/11/11.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
At the personal level it's fine. In fact it has a great deal of character and style. In the professional world it should be abandoned. It's a relic of a slower time. A better time really. It is too slow for today.

Last edited by crosshair; 08/11/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is still the need and we in our school district recognize that need. We teach our kids to write and most of them do it well. We also use computers a lot. Each student from grade 7 - 12 has a laptop, so a lot of work is done on computer. Much is hand written and turned in as well.

If handwriting is dying out in your area it is only because you have allowed your educators to stop teaching it.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Alan_R_McDaniel_Jr
There is still the need and we in our school district recognize that need. We teach our kids to write and most of them do it well. We also use computers a lot. Each student from grade 7 - 12 has a laptop, so a lot of work is done on computer. Much is hand written and turned in as well.

If handwriting is dying out in your area it is only because you have allowed your educators to stop teaching it.

Alan

Handwriting it tedious, slow and leads to errors. In today's fast paced world there is little room for that, even less for mistakes because someone can't write legibly. Just ask nurses in a hospital about guessing at what a doctor wrote.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
As a lefty, I hated penmanship class. My arm would always smear what I had just written, and I would get marked down on my grade.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
CH, no one expects the world to slow down because people write with their hands. To follow your logic we should not cook any more because the world is spinning too fast to have to worry with pots and pans when a Big Mac is already cooked, and is being kept warm for you right now. It makes a big mess in the kitchen and we have to spend time cleaning up. Just grab that Big Mac and try to keep up with the fast pace of the world........................

I don't buy the whole "it's too much trouble and is not legible" argument. Folks should write legibly and it should be important to them to do so.

I have tried to take notes using my computer, PDA and phone. None of them are as fast and accurate as a pencil and paper. All of the information can be later transcribed to text in a much more usable form than it can be typed in at the time the notes are taken.

#1 wife writes with the wrong hand as does one of my sons. The world doesn't spin in the other direction for them. They just cope, and very well I might add.

Alan

Food is at the core of Hunting and Fishing - Rebecca Gray

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since I switched over to on line banking I have written only 5 check in about 13 years . Those were for the termite inspector. Last time he was out he had a little attachment on his smart phone that reads credit/debit cards. I rarely carry money use my debit card for every thing. I even have an electronic signature hat I was to sign on line PFD documents. Cursive is on life support. Think the plug will be pulled before they pull it on me.

Handgun Hunter no more. STILL LOVE THOSE .41's
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I write lots of checks, personal and business. But the only part I write in cursive is my signature.

I can't remember the last time I even saw some cursive writing that wasn't a signature. Maybe it's the engineering/construction sector but I just never see it and I get a fair amount of handwritten stuff.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (12344mag, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,649
Posts18,493,382
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.