Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Bore Coat and Gun Shield saves a lot of cleaning time but it does a couple of other things. I get a call at least once a week from someone that let there kid use there ML and the kid didn't clean it and they didn't check it and now it's a rusty mess. They can salvage the gun and then use the products to protect it. I believe they say you will wind up repeating something 1,000 times before your kids remember it. So even if they have there own ML,and it's a cheapy it will give you time to teach cleaning and they won't ruin your investment. It lets them keep hunting and thats the important thing. Speaking of kids I found my 10" cresent wrench while bagging leaves with the lawn mower.

Doug Burche
Gun coating with Dyna Coat and CeraKote
Dyna Bore Coat,Because barrel cleaning SUCKS.
www.dynamicfinishes.com
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
How many muzzleloaders will a kit treat, breech plug included?

Ditto on the rifle kit, sans breechplug.

Thanks,

Don

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It will do one complete long rifle. Plenty for the breech plug "both ends"

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by ratsnakeboogy
How many muzzleloaders will a kit treat, breech plug included?

Ditto on the rifle kit, sans breechplug.

Thanks,

Don

A kit will treat the bores in 2 ML including the breech plugs. It has enough Dyna - Shield to coat the outside of one ML with 3 coats. We will offer another kit with just Dyna - Shield. Same for centerfire. The single tube Dyna - Shield kit is also great for treating your line guides on fishing rods. It keeps knife blades and broad heads from rusting as well. Remember you can use Dyna - Shield anywhere you want to prevent rust and reduce friction.

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
How often do you have to apply the UBC to a muzzleloader?

Bought my first muzzleloader yesterday. I've got a lot to learn.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hey Doug, Question!

Birchwood Casey Bore scrubber - Gun Scrubber. Will it hurt the Gun Shield / UBC that i put on my Optima?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mossy
How often do you have to apply the UBC to a muzzleloader?

Bought my first muzzleloader yesterday. I've got a lot to learn.

It sometimes can take a second application after the first 50 rounds. At that point and most of the time after just the first application your good to go.Good luck trying to shoot it out of a muzzle loader.
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Hey Doug, Question!

Birchwood Casey Bore scrubber - Gun Scrubber. Will it hurt the Gun Shield / UBC that i put on my Optima?

It won't hurt it a bit. I've poured aircraft paint stripper on it and watched it dry without hurting it. I HAVE NO LIFE!!

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LOL hey, you got to experiment in order to find out its limits.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Doug,
Any idea when the smaller kits will be available?

Thanks,

Johnny$

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Johnny we should have them by the end of the year. Our smaller tubes just arrived today and will be shipped to the filler next week.

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Doug,
Thank you! I am just finishing a couple of flintlocks - so the timing is great.

Have a good Holiday!

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any updates on where to purchase the ML kits? The only kit I can find is the larger one, for $45.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They are being put in the cards as I type this. Should have the first kits in next week and on the website. Cost on these will be $24.95 plus shipping. That kit will coat inside and out.
Doug

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Good News! I been waiting for this!

Johnny $

Kaywoodie
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The new Gun Care kits are on the website. $24.95
FYI The only diffrence between the Gun Care kit and the Muzzle Loader Kit is the printing o the package. We did this because most folks will go to the stores looking for a kit that says ML.
If we just marketed the Gun Care kit the phone would ring off the hook and folks would say can I use this on my ML too. Sorry it took so long.
Doug

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks Doug. Just picked some up. I'll give a report as I have some pitting in my barrel where the powder sits. The rest of the barrel looks good.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Silly question. Did T/C ever use UBC? The reason i ask is my Black Diamond XR had this funny blue tinge to the bore when I got it. Never saw anything like it and the stuff is TOUGH! 1200 round later its gone only from the tops of the lands( a few bore brushings and JB treatments).My buddy's Omega has the same light blue coloring in the bore.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
T/C has not used the DBC. What you are seeing is bluing or oxide. I'm not sure which finish they use on that gun. Most makers do not plug the bores when they blue. Unless the plugs are held in they pop out as the air in the bore heats and expands so they just dump them into the tank. DBC is clear.

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Thanks Doug. Never saw anything like the blue coloring in the 2 rifles mentioned.The bore on my Diamond is in excellent condition and I have 1220 rounds through her. I only shoot Swiss black powder and sabots. I'm thinking hard about UBC. Would there be any benifit in applying it to the barrel breech threads in terms of easy cleaning and wear protection?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Double30
Thanks Doug. Never saw anything like the blue coloring in the 2 rifles mentioned.The bore on my Diamond is in excellent condition and I have 1220 rounds through her. I only shoot Swiss black powder and sabots. I'm thinking hard about UBC. Would there be any benifit in applying it to the barrel breech threads in terms of easy cleaning and wear protection?

By all means coat the breech threads and breach face. After it's cured for 24 hours put just a touch of grease on the threads and put her back together.

Doug Burche
www.dynamicfinishes.com
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 160user, 222Sako, 61 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,313 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,136
Posts18,483,995
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.