Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by jwp475

I read that post, but there is no link that goes to the original post and content. No way to know if that is the post in its entirety or not

If that is Taffins entire post, then some including Reeder are reading too much into it

Your a hard man,John..But here it is off my forum... grin

http://www.reedercustomguns.net/forum/index.php?id=2839

Jayco

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once again they are just shutting down the line to sort things out. Marlin isn't closing down.

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I guess John Taffin made an a$$ out of himself,or I can't read right anymore.That's what I get listening to gunwriters... grin grin grin

JT
ON FRIDAY THE FREEDOM GROUP
Sunday, August 14, 2011, 08:44

ANNOUNCED THEY WERE SHUTTING DOWN MARLIN PRODUCTION DUE TO QUALITY ISSUES. THEY LOST THEIR KEY PRODUCTION PEOPLE WHEN THEY MOVED. ONE IS NOW AT RUGER AND THE OTHER AT COLT.

Jayco

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by logcutter
I guess John Taffin made an a$$ out of himself,or I can't read right anymore.

JT
ON FRIDAY THE FREEDOM GROUP
Sunday, August 14, 2011, 08:44

ANNOUNCED THEY WERE SHUTTING DOWN MARLIN PRODUCTION DUE TO QUALITY ISSUES. THEY LOST THEIR KEY PRODUCTION PEOPLE WHEN THEY MOVED. ONE IS NOW AT RUGER AND THE OTHER AT COLT.

Jayco

NO- YOU made an ass out of yourself dreaming up all sorts of rumors and conjecture based on it.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
whistle

I guess John Taffin doesn't walk on water after all...

And now your prejudice against gun writers surfaces once more.

Surprise-surprise. It's always their fault.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Just quoting what a noted Gun Writer(John Taffin aka JT) posted on a public internet forum this morning..

Slay me if you will.It will all come out soon and someone will be wrong..Will it be John Taffin?

Jayco grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No jayco,

You quoted it, when others questioned it, you defended his statement, accusing others of being in the dark.

Big difference in just posting something as an FYI and calling it the gospel...

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
No jayco,

You quoted it, when others questioned it, you defended his statement, accusing others of being in the dark.

Big difference in just posting something as an FYI and calling it the gospel...

And then making up "pre 2007" Marlin drivel to boot.

You need to work the gunshow circuit Jayco, your ability to dream up baseless bullschit would play well there.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

And which gunwriters do??????

There all prone to mistakes because there "Human"....

Jayco

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't care what kind of comments are made in this thread. I have a perfectly good excuse to buy another gun and by God I'm going to use it! laugh

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by OSOK
I don't care what kind of comments are made in this thread. I have a perfectly good excuse to buy another gun and by God I'm going to use it! laugh

I cannot disagree with that!

Support the economy and buy a new gun! wink

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buy 2 while your at it and send me one! grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, we goof often, and we're always assured that an enthusiastic jeering section is eagerly waiting to celebrate our stumbles when we haven't stumbled yet, our falls when we haven't fallen yet �

� and to roll around in hysterically gleeful tut-tutting whenever we exhibit normal human weakness or make a simple booboo.

It's quite all right for our critics not to know (or to bother with) such things as the distinction between there and they're, but even a simple typo can dang near be a tar-and-feather offense if an editor lets it slip-by under a writer's byline.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Buy 2 while your at it and send me one! grin

You couldn't handle the recoil of a Marlin 45-70 Guide Gun loaded to it's potential and within pressure standards.... grin

300 grain Nosler at 2367 fps in factory ammunition.
350 Grain North Forks at 2250 + fps(22" barrel) and 2183 in a Guide Gun(with the right pressure checked data)Alliant had the 22" data with the 350 Speer using AA-2230.
400 graines at 2000 fps from certain manufacturers.
430 grain cast at 1930 fps....

These all spell "ouch" out of a light weight levergun!!!

Just kidding,John....

Jayco

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The hardest I have ever been kicked by a rifle was shooting a 1895 Guide gun that an idiot had loaded well beyond max (didn't know it until it almost knocked my teeth out).

I can't recall the load or what grain bullet he was shooting, but I knew something was definitely wrong the second I pulled the trigger.

I have shot the 45-70 for a good part of my life and it never once felt like that. Told him to have fun blowing himself up as it was going to happen.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
All my 45-70 data have been pressure checked by several....I once was shooting the 405 grain Kodiak Bullet in my Guide Gun(1950 fps)I backed off a grain...I worked up to the "Max" load with H-322 and velocity in Coeur d alene Idaho in a T-shirt at 80 degree's.

It got my attention..Big time..I got sloppy and did not do some things right in holding the weapon to my shoulder correctly.I do have a box of those left.

Owe well..I certainly hope this Marlin chit is all rumor.......

Jayco

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Ken Howell

Yeah, we goof often, and we're always assured that an enthusiastic jeering section is eagerly waiting to celebrate our stumbles when we haven't stumbled yet, our falls when we haven't fallen yet �

� and to roll around in hysterically gleeful tut-tutting whenever we exhibit normal human weakness or make a simple booboo.

It's quite all right for our critics not to know (or to bother with) such things as the distinction between there and they're, but even a simple typo can dang near be a tar-and-feather offense if an editor lets it slip-by under a writer's byline.

Well said Mr. Howell, as usual.

Dennis.

Those who call magazines "clips" and cartridges "bullets" ought not to be taken seriously. Jeff Cooper.
We might add those who call bullets "boolits.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

It's quite all right for our critics not to know (or to bother with) such things as the distinction between there and they're, but even a simple typo can dang near be a tar-and-feather offense if an editor lets it slip-by under a writer's byline

Ken

It isn't about hysterically gleeful tut-tutting or the correct usage of there and they're......

Were all men and women here and were all prone to making mistakes,some more than others...But to put all the marbles into one corner based on just one opinion,reguardles of who it is from...

Is absurd!!!Gunwriter or not...

There is a ton of monkeys out there never heard of with 10X the experience alot of gunwriters have or had..Not to knock gunwriters...I like to read also once in a while and find alot of it ,humorous.

But as you know...What sells is what sells..Few if any ever challenge it from there own experiences,right or wrong.

Jayco

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Rangr44
John Taffin posted elsewhere this AM:

ON FRIDAY THE FREEDOM GROUP ANNOUNCED THEY WERE SHUTTING DOWN MARLIN PRODUCTION DUE TO QUALITY ISSUES. THEY LOST THEIR KEY PRODUCTION PEOPLE WHEN THEY MOVED. ONE IS NOW AT RUGER AND THE OTHER AT COLT.

Didnt read all of this.I believe they are going to stop and learn to make them correctly.Sounds like the smart thing to do.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (06hunter59, 1badf350, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 57 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,952
Posts18,519,295
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.