Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Carry on......

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal

Quite frankly - Sean's not sticking up for Art (as those who can't read for content are asserting) as much as he's telling Splat to hike up his skirt and actually do something other than bitch and moan.

Sean's right - he has 2 choices if he feels like he's a victim of theft (regardless as to if he is or isn't) - he can file a police report or do nothing. All the crying in the world here doesn't change those choices.

+1

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's always three sides to a story.....

Based on what has been presented in this, and a couple other threads over the past several months, I think there's more to the story than meets the eye.

I hope and trust Splat and Art will eventually resolve this personal matter amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by AKBoater
Ron,

If you knew the half of it you'd know that Sean is the only person other than Splatter and Art that has a true understanding of this issue.

It' doesn't matter what nimrod knows the OP want's his property back... end of story!

Unless what Splat says here and what he's told Sean/Art privately are two different things.

Consider Splat's called Sean in the past about the situation and Sean has dealt with Art in the situation - a mediation of sorts.
There IS the possability that what Splat's saying here isn't what he's said there or agreed to there.

Quite frankly - Sean's not sticking up for Art (as those who can't read for content are asserting) as much as he's telling Splat to hike up his skirt and actually do something other than bitch and moan.

Sean's right - he has 2 choices if he feels like he's a victim of theft (regardless as to if he is or isn't) - he can file a police report or do nothing. All the crying in the world here doesn't change those choices.

Lets assume Art sold the stock to take a trip to Fiji - in the end Splat has the same choice - DO SOMETHING or do nothing and if it's nothing - Shut up already. Worse than some chick complaing that so and so doesn't like them.

Friggen DO SOMETHING about it. Sure it sucks that someone would have to sue/file a report but damn it if this isn't working then do it.

Wondering why Spat won't just call the local DA/LEO office up in AK and file a report? It's a phugging phone call - not expensive and at the least they can direct him to the best way to end this. I'm guessing here that the story we have here won't jive with any story he'd have to tell law enforecment and any "misleading truths" to them might worry him a touch more than "misleading truths" here.

He is doing something,he's tried pm's that didn't work he's tried open forums, doesn't seem to be working, sounds like he is sending a certified letter..... he has tried to give art the easy way out....but art doesn' seem smart enough to take it!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I once tried to fix a hole in the bottom of my canoe with duct tape. It didn't work. I didn't piss and moan about it for 9 months - I did something else. Don't confuse ineffective action with taking care of the situation.

Cripes - stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Either Spat's primary satisfaction is just pissing and moaning (and not receiving the stock) or he's a complete moron.

Up to him to decide which it is...

Me

IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by FOsteology
There's always three sides to a story.....

Based on what has been presented in this, and a couple other threads over the past several months, I think there's more to the story than meets the eye.

I hope and trust Splat and Art will eventually resolve this personal matter amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties.

I'm tired of hearing how many different stories there are ...OP wants his stuff back and art has no right to keep it any longer!!

K
K
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
These did not, do not, come with the Lifetime Passport Warranty.

The Warranty card in the picture, and the one that arrived, is for the Certified Pre-Owned Used 1-year limited warranty.

The box, not shown, has the top cut off, thus the UPC, etc., is not there.

A PM has been sent to loongshot to see wtf......

But, it is clear that what was advertised was not what was sold.
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
I bought what he advertised as Leica Trinovids with a full Lifetime Passport Warranty.

What showed up was a set of Leica Trinovids, certified Pre-Owned, with a one-year warranty.

I expressed my displeasure, he said send them back.....

BUT, he will NOT refund the money until the goods arrive.

He expressly admitted that he knew he sold something different than what he advertised, and took my money prior to shipment, but refuses to refund the money prior to me shipping the goods back.

VERY poor business practices, and VERY unethical and untrustworthy.

BTW - for point of reference, he says that his business is legit, but that CameralandNY is a scam and doesn't actually ship anything out.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS GUY!

Looks like nimrod is pretty good at whining also!

[/quote]

Now after all of the criticism here about what happened here this is very interesting. It is quiet except for the new friend of Sean and Art�s, Kamrad Les who is putting support behind one of them. Maybe Art is packing up the OP�s property and taking it to the shipper right now. Hope that is what is happening because if not Sean may come back and continue to escalate this already bad situation further by continuing to encourage the OP to take expensive legal action against Art (still cannot understand that one).

Will be betting that in 24 hours the property that Art has today will have been returned partially because of what is happening on this thread but he knows it is the right thing to do. What is uncertain is how the board will remember this problem in the future but it is telling about two people that should be avoided. Life is short and I would be very upset if my property was being held hostage.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
- DO SOMETHING or do nothing and if it's nothing - Shut up already. Worse than some chick complaing that so and so doesn't like them.

Isn't bitching and moaning pretty much standard fare for this part of the Fire?

Figured if you wanted to talk about guns, hunting or the outdoors, you went to other sub-forums on the fire. If you wanted to lift up your skirt and carry on like a bunch of 'ol hens, you did your crackling right here(probably why most of my posts are in fact here).

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I once tried to fix a hole in the bottom of my canoe with duct tape. It didn't work. I didn't piss and moan about it for 9 months - I did something else. Don't confuse ineffective action with taking care of the situation.

Cripes - stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome.

Either Spat's primary satisfaction is just pissing and moaning (and not receiving the stock) or he's a complete moron.

To a point I agree, maybe splat was hoping for the best, I personally would have had it taken care of long ago!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OP wants his stuff back

Allegedly - because he has the ability to get it back but refuses to take that action. And I've become more and more convinced it's because he's affraid to give his story to LEO because that story which would require the TRUTH won't jive with what's presented here. The TRUTH might not be LEO worthy at all...

Me

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Either Spat's primary satisfaction is just pissing and moaning (and not receiving the stock) or he's a moron.

Or, door number three: Splat can't get the desired response(i.e., his stock returned to him) and is resorting to the 'scorched earth' option and trying to make Art look as bad as possible to further damage his reputation.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With all due respect Teal, you didn't pay someone to put duct tape on the bottom of your canoe and they didn't keep your canoe!

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 340boy

Either Spat's primary satisfaction is just pissing and moaning (and not receiving the stock) or he's a moron.

Or, door number three: Splat can't get the desired response(i.e., his stock returned to him) and is resorting to the 'scorched earth' option and trying to make Art look as bad as possible to further damage his reputation.

Cept Spat hasn't done what's required to get the stock back. Want a tax refund - you have to file the tax forms. He's not willing to file the forms so he can't want that refund all that much.

I don't know what or if Art has it or if it's firewood but Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RandyR
With all due respect Teal, you didn't pay someone to put duct tape on the bottom of your canoe and they didn't keep your canoe!

Ain't the point - the point is if A doesn't work (and by his own admission and 6 pages here plus countless on other thread that's true) then do B.

All he's done is bitch that A don't work. Do B then or stop crying.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy

Cept Spat hasn't done what's required to get the stock back. Want a tax refund - you have to file the tax forms. He's not willing to file the forms so he can't want that refund all that much.

I don't know what or if Art has it or if it's firewood but Spat has recourse he's refusing to take and because it involves swearing out the truth to LEO, his refusal has my BS meter pegged.

Could be, Andrew, and I am not taking sides,as I have no stake in this.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I know Splatt very well and believe in his integrity, I am guessing he only felt it would be made worse by involving the law.

"Jerry is dead, Phish suck time to get a job "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Same here but damn it's getting old.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same here but damn it's getting old.

That it is.

James Elroy Flecker

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Maybe nimrod could convince art to send the op's property back, if he knows so much about this mess! that would be the right thing to do instead of saying his stock is a dog turd and his property is junk!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RandyR
I know Splatt very well and believe in his integrity, I am guessing he only felt it would be made worse by involving the law.

I only know what I see here and bounce that off of my life experience. My life experience is telling me that the "truth" isn't in this thread and that if the law was involved - it wouldn't get worse for Art or the situation.

Me

Page 13 of 30 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1minute, 007FJ, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,095 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,162
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.