Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Well I'm knockin on 185k on the ranger maybe 60k on this transmission since I had it rebuilt. Now its slipping, progressivly gettin worse. Last night it kinda got lost in between gears. ATF is a smokey color an smells burned.

When I had it rebuilt it was $2k. I found a book on rebuildin a 5R55E and rounded up a loaner truck. Figure I can screw up a bunch for $2k an probly still have a transmission in the end

Wish me luck, cuz I'm goona need it.

On a side note, the weedeater blender is finished and I can say for a fact that it only takes about 6 seconds to blend a full pitcher of margaritas grin

Last edited by mud_bogger; 08/21/11.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
If you're smokin' tranny's at 60K...You're doin it wrong. grin

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
It was acting up before 60k. The shop I took it to came with the 200yard warranty. Yea nice place. But the shop owners daughter was hot so it made sence grin

But I do tend to break stuff that shouldnt be broke soooo who knows....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow, thats really weird laugh. I coulda swore that all the innernet experts said it was only Dodge trannys that blew up whistle laugh .

Signed:

A Dodge owner just having a little fun...... smile

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Dodge trannys just blow up sooner grin

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do you tow with it? In OD? Without an oil cooler?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Hardly ever tow. Ussually its loaded down with tools and crap though, dunno what it weighs without everything, but with all my ussual stuff I'm bouncing between 5,000 and 5,200lbs and Its not uncommon to really load it down

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Well I'm knockin on 185k on the ranger maybe 60k on this transmission since I had it rebuilt. Now its slipping, progressivly gettin worse. Last night it kinda got lost in between gears. ATF is a smokey color an smells burned.

When I had it rebuilt it was $2k. I found a book on rebuildin a 5R55E and rounded up a loaner truck. Figure I can screw up a bunch for $2k an probly still have a transmission in the end

Wish me luck, cuz I'm goona need it.

On a side note, the weedeater blender is finished and I can say for a fact that it only takes about 6 seconds to blend a full pitcher of margaritas grin

Sorry to here about your trans, they're not too bad once you get started, but very intimidating prospect when looking at a auto trans,
now with the weed eater blinder do you find a plan on how to i have an extra weed wacker sitting here that i've been wanting to blend with

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Its about the most simple thing in the world to build. I kinda figured it out as I went, then got stumped on how to mount the 2 together. Found that on some websight and it was one of those "oh im a dumbazz" moments grin

Pull the bottom off a blender and rip out everything. Then cut the body off right around where the electric motor screwed to. Screw a piece of aluminum or something there. Drill hole in the middle. on mine. The drive for the electric blender was screwed in through the top and tino the drive on the electric motor. Took a while to figure that out.

Take about 6" of the or so of the pipe part of the weedwacker and split one end 4 ways, beat it flat and screw it to the plate on the blender body. The other end drops down in the weedwacker like ussual.

Need a drive shaft. My blender is 1/4" square drive and weed wacker motor is 1/8" square drive IIRC. Took some square stock to the mill and cut it down.

Dropped that in an your good to go.

Thats how I did it. Its a lil flimsy but it works and it was simple. I want to make a stand that it is hooked to so its a lil more ridgid but who knows when that will get done.

I believe besides the blender an wallmart weedeater, I have a small piece of road sign, maybe 5" of scrap square stock and 2 screws invested in this.

OH BTW WEEDEATERS HAVE NO NUETRAL. fILL YOUR BLENDER AND PUT THE LID FIRMLY ON BEFORE STARTING!!!!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

23cc's of 2 stroke love LOL
[Linked Image]

Last edited by mud_bogger; 08/23/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
grin

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amurican inginu'ty at it's finest, right there. Soon every wilderness outfitter will want one of them babies?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Canadian Mist comes already "blended".

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (44mc, 264mag, 338rcm, 2500HD, 35, 18 invisible), 1,563 guests, and 1,043 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,628
Posts18,492,960
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.