Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#5555378 08/25/11
tal35 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hi, I have been lurking around here for a lot of time and just wanted to let everyone know. I lost my job on tuesday at ITT in Ft Wayne, long story short, ex girlfriend said we had sex at work a couple yrs ago, they fired her too.I had 26 years in with a spotless record. They could have given us time off without pay or something else, but chose to do this to make things go away. Anyhow, at some point in time, I may need to transfer pics to someone else to host if my bills get too high. I would like to see if there is anyone that might be willing to take the pics in case this happens? Thank you, Todd

PS, if you need any other details , feel free to pm me or email. thank you

Last edited by tal35; 08/25/11.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Todd
Just say the Word, I can Help
Steve

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Todd,
Let me know how I can help with the pics. Fella in a gun shop I stopped at this week told me "If its got tits or tires it will cause you problems." Hope your able to replace the job fast.

Gary

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry to hear about your job loss in this economy. Good luck with finding another job.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would think they would need more proof than just her word. Just saying, it might be worth fighting them over, at least to get a decent severance package.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was thinking the same thing. Might be worth a short talk with a lawyer.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Yep.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like you are getting screwed. Maybe for the second time.

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Geez Todd,
That's a rough one. I hope it all goes better from here. I would not go quietly if all they had was someone's hearsay for evidence (...and what's wrong with having sex at work anyway, I mean, if it was during a break, right?)
good luck,
Jeff

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
That sucks !!!!!! crazy crazy, i'd fight that one, hell when i was working on construction my old boss said if anyone happened to have sex during noontime, he would pay for lunch our !!!!!! i only lived 2 miles from the job !!!!!!! blush blush grin grin my ex was wondering why i was coming home for lunch !!!!! grin grin

IC B3

tal35 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Worst part was work always said to be honest, so I was, hence we were fired. I had a dumb*ss attack. No sympathy for telling the truth, no hey thanks for telling the truth, have a week off without pay, I was a very good employee that went the extra mile for them. etc. Fired!!! ITT

tal35 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
The actual firing came from the New york group in Rochester,

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Most companies have no loyalty to their employees ,sure as heck not like it used to be .Good luck with a new job Todd . Tom

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tal35
Worst part was work always said to be honest, so I was, hence we were fired. I had a dumb*ss attack. No sympathy for telling the truth, no hey thanks for telling the truth, have a week off without pay, I was a very good employee that went the extra mile for them. etc. Fired!!! ITT

Ouch. Hard to argue that one then. Good luck, and hit me up if you need help with your pics...anytime.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you were Eliot Spitzer you'd get a TV gig.........hang in,Tod.

Listen with your ears.Or they will make you stupid.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Talk to an attorney,wrongful termination suet good buy you alot of 99's. Good luck.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Kind of like when the cop stops you. They ask "do you know why I stopped you?" If what you say is an admission, it gets written on the ticket as an admission of guilt. They are taking advantage of your honesty..pretty sneaky. When I was younger quite often, if I was forthright and honest they would let me go.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Depends on your state's laws. In NH, we are "employees at will". Here they can fire you for "any" reason. Best to avoid any self incrimination. Also, when I was a police officer, I learned early on. A cop should NEVER open with "Do you know why I stopped you?" The reply very well could be, "Why no, officer, don't YOU know why?" Good luck Todd. That's allot of years to let go without some sort of action on your part.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The first thing I'd do is ask them to show me where it states in the companies policy manual that what happened is a fireable offense. If it isn't specifically spelled out, my next stop would be an attorney's office.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
or you could suck it up and accept what you did was wrong and unprofessional... if you screwed another employee on work premise (and likely during work hours) what you did was wrong...you know it, they know it, and so SHOULD everyone here... you all sound like a bunch of cry baby, give me give me, sue crazy liberals.

I am sorry you lost your job and I am sorry that your company was not more lenient but try to tell me that deep down inside you honestly believe that it was totally acceptable to do what you did????

Learn from your mistake, work hard to get another job and move on with your life...

Andrew
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 47 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,336
Posts18,526,767
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.