Hop To
#557149 08/20/05
G
Gator1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
I have learned much over the last few years. I have dealt withGunsamerica and the Free Classifieds. I am 7 of 7 with G.A., and 0 for 3 as far as The Campfire(as far as the desription being way off- cracks in the tang(5) that were not mentioned on an 1895: a great shooting Rem. 721 that will not eject, and now a BLR that has some big water/oil stains

I know that life is not perfect, but................

Hope you all fare well,

Ric

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for the bad luck. I have purchased on GA and had good luck also. As far as deals here I always ask for a 3 day free look, like on GA. Take care, Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

The BLR in question is the one I sold him. I am still not sure about the water stains, if it is darker part near the grip area, I assumed it was the wood. The rifle still had the Browning finish on it. Irregardless, I want every party to be happy.

This is the first pm I received.

Scott,

Is there a reason you left out the part about the oil/water stains?

Everybody bitches about GunsAmerica, etc., but I'll tell you what- I've bought 7 guns from GunsAmaerica that were as described in detail.

You said "some nicks" and that does not cover water/oil stains.

I am happy to get the rifle, but after speaking to you several times, you had many chances to mention this, and chose to talk about your new projects.

Steelhead-BLR with oil stains

Braindead-Marlin 1895 with cracks at the tang(5)

TiminTennesse- Rem. 721 in .270 with cycling/ejection problems.

No real rip-offs here, but lack of info.

Ric

Not the best of tones, but I can understand if someone is not happy with money they just spent.

I reponded and told him if he wasn't happy to send it back, I would give his money back. He is out nothing. Of course I was still a bit ticked at the tone of that PM.

I get this back.

I get this a lot here.(The "if your not happy, send it back) The stains are at the grip/ reciever and buttplate. The rifle functions perfectly. I will keep it but I have to wonder how a guy who has custom work done, could buy/sell a rifle with this kind of problems and not notice it-I saw it in the box.

Ric

What the heck am I supposed to do? I offered to give his money back, (it has been 4 days since delivery), but he fells the need for this.

What would make you happy? That is my only desire in life before I depart this world for parts unknown.

A few night ago he called me and asked about an old 94 Winchester, I told him of a guy that has blued some of my rifles, that last I can remember it was about $135.00 for a rifle.

Here comes ole Ricky again.

called H. King, but it's $240 for a refinish. Once again, honesty's the best policy.

I think I'll try it myself(refin).

I have no love for these people on the Campfire, but every deal has been less then described. It would be like warning the dishonest people.

Sorry-Actually, you knew and still sold it to me. Don't give me that [bleep] about not seeing oil stains.

I will keep the rifle as a classic,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes to money and items, I want everyone happy. I have offered to refund his money, but he wants to keep it and I guess just be a pain in the neck.

He doesn't mention the constant e-mails, I e-mailed him when I received the MO, when the rifle left, tracking number, etc etc. He said he wanted it by the weekend, I said I would ensure he received it in time.

If I am wrong I am MORE than happy to do what is necessary to correct the situation. Apparently there is nothing that I can do to make him happy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not to worry, some people just ain't happy unless they are b!itching, probably P & M if hung with a NEW rope.

Obviously he likes it enough to keep it, so it must not be too badly stained. Maybe a shakedown for a partial refund? Had that happen a time or two, my answer is always, "If it does not meet expectations send it back for a full refund." I would like to add that if that ain't good enough, STFU!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have had several clients like that, when you ask "what will it take to make you happy" they dont have an answer. The answer is "don't let the door hit ya where the good
Lord split ya!" These people are NOT worth fussin over.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
i have not bought anything on this forum but have from others that some of you also visit. i have never been dissapointed on any purchase on the forums. but from guns amreica, nothing has been as described, have sent weapons back and took months to get refund, and i was out the shipping both ways so i did not come out whole. i have better luck on the fourms than at g.a. all this just to say that imo the forums are better shopping than g.a.

jme

There is a war on America and America is losing
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Cannot remember all the guns I have bought here, but it is a bunch. Had one shipping issue and one description issue, both resolved without bloodshed. Without concrete evidence there really are stains on the BLR wood I am unimpressed with the claim.

Steelhead offered a refund and gator, gun in hand, says he will keep it. Don't know what the bitching is about...

Gator1
No need to thank anyone for help answering all your questions, not to mention the other stuff you picked out of other's questions. We would probably have done it even if we knew you were going to call us all liars and cheats on your way out the door.

Have you considered counseling? You clearly are looking for an excuse to stay unhappy...
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 70 invisible), 2,286 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,134
Posts18,502,671
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.