Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
.........Teen gets branded a felon for life for robbing man of 7 cents
.A 15-year-old from Syracuse, Anthony Stewart, was sentenced to 2 to 6 years in a juvenile detention facility by Judge William Walsh of Onandaga County for a robbery in which the teenager took a mere 7 cents.

I love it, punks finally getting what they deserve, at least sometimes

He beat an elderly man to the ground and robbed him. He also had a BB gun that looked real....

Last edited by Ruger 4570; 08/30/11.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd rather see the punk just get butt-whipped, rather than being sent to Convict University on our dime.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good, justice at work, brand the kid a felon and set the stage for him to be one for life. Justice is a poor substitution for vengeance in some cases. A young man assaulting a very old person is no different than a man assaulting a child. It does not have to do with the age of the victim, it has to do with the helplessness of the victim.

What would really be the best is for the kid to find out the old man is not as helpless as he seems, and to get stitched from gizzard to groin with a few rounds. Nice painful hits that lead to a death of massive painful infection, acute peritonitis would do.

Now I can't say the state should do that, never should it, but if it happens in the course of the assault, good for him.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I figured I better post the whole story and why the Judge pounded him..

.........Teen gets branded a felon for life for robbing man of 7 cents
.By Zachary Roth
Senior National Affairs Reporter
.PostsEmailRSS .By Zachary Roth | The Lookout � 4 hrs ago....tweet34Share2EmailPrint.....
A 15-year-old from Syracuse, Anthony Stewart, was sentenced to 2 to 6 years in a juvenile detention facility by Judge William Walsh of Onandaga County for a robbery in which the teenager took a mere 7 cents.

Walsh said he issued the harsh sentence because Stewart declined to plead guilty, choosing to fight the charges. A jury found him guilty of first degree robbery.

The victim had identified Stewart and a friend as the perpetrators, Walsh said, "and yet you still denied it," the Post-Standard newspaper of Syracuse reported.

"Well, that cost you," Walsh added.

The other teenager, Skyler Ninham, 16, pleaded guilty in July and was sentenced to 1 to 4 years in prison.

Stewart and Ninham carried BB guns that looked like real pistols when they knocked a 73-year old man to the ground--Stewart punching him in the face--and took all the cash he had on him, prosecutors said. That amounted to 7 cents.

Stewart's lawyer, Laurin Haddad, had pleaded with Walsh to treat her client as a youthful offender, so that a felony conviction wouldn't remain on his permanent record.

"For 7 cents, now you're making someone a felon for the rest of his life," Haddad told the Post-Standard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
that kid made himself a felon, end of story.

=========================================================
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
punks finally getting what they deserve, at least sometimes

Hanging is what he "deserved" IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
dead perpetrators is still better than convicted felons. The prosecutors time better spent ruling it as a justified homicide.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Doesn't matter how much he had on him, it was the intent. He needs to be put away.

Don't believe everything you think.

You ain't learnin' nothin' when you're talking.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The hardcore's will love a new cherry to bend over the bunk. He will get his, don't worry.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Too bad the victim wasn't carrying!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do hope he's a pretty boy. Prison will be fun.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Too bad kids CAN'T learn BEFORE they go to Jail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
7 cents or 7 trillion dollars, what's the difference?
A precedent is finally set!

Now, someone with a badge... anyone.... get your ass over to 1600 Penn. Ave.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer

Bingo!

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Archerhunter
7 cents or 7 trillion dollars, what's the difference?
A precedent is finally set!

Now, someone with a badge... anyone.... get your ass over to 1600 Penn. Ave.

Why? The guy they will be looking for will be gone on vacation when they show up. grin

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The thing here is INTENT. The man only had 7 cents, but what if he'd had $700? Would the punks have still only taken 7 cents. I really don't think so. They INTENDED to take all he had, no matter the amount.

I also have a problem with the charge of intended murder. The INTENT was to kill. Just because the attacker was a klutz and didn't get the job done doesn't mean he didn't intend to kill the victim. If the victim spends the next 20 years in a coma or a wheelchair he doesn't get the justice he deserves if the perp is let off with only intended murder. He should get the full penalty.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Punk should have been branded

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by BMT
Originally Posted by steelheadslayer

Bingo!

Agreed!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

350 members (10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 19rabbit52, 46 invisible), 2,579 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,336
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.