Print Thread
Hop To
E
Eric308 Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Just saw today where billions have been wasted in the sandbox due to contractor fraud. Hmm, I thought the move away from fat, lazy and stupid federal employees to efficient corporate contract workers from Bechtel, KBR, et. al. was supposed to cure that?

Just like private prisons, limiting collective bargaining, deregulation, "reforming" the tax code, or any of a host of other snake oil that corporate America has been selling to the rubes in Dumbphuckistan for forty years, the end result is the richer getting richer (the top 1% owns a massively disproportionate share that's been exploding since the 1970's) while the rest fight for scraps.

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -Isaac Asimov

GB1

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Perhaps the "fat, lazy and stupid federal employees" are not as talented at stealing and corruption as "efficient corporate contract workers".

Actually, I've worked in both the Federal and private sectors and have personally observed illegal behavior in both the private and governmental sectors (lots of stories there as to what otherwise good people will do to protect their jobs, incomes and families). But, the most egregious and illegal acts I've observed have been in the private sector.

This is one (small) example of what I mean. Cost plus contracts are frequently abused in order to keep the cash flow going. Once you stop charging a contract for �work performed�, you can expect to be laid off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
billions wasted by our gov't???

say it ain't so!

only difference is the fraud seems to have been by private companies instead of keeping it strictly in the gov't.

if the gov't spends money it's going to be 3x what it should cost, no matter who does the work.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Eric308
Just saw today where billions have been wasted in the sandbox due to contractor fraud. Hmm, I thought the move away from fat, lazy and stupid federal employees to efficient corporate contract workers from Bechtel, KBR, et. al. was supposed to cure that?

Just like private prisons, limiting collective bargaining, deregulation, "reforming" the tax code, or any of a host of other snake oil that corporate America has been selling to the rubes in Dumbphuckistan for forty years, the end result is the richer getting richer (the top 1% owns a massively disproportionate share that's been exploding since the 1970's) while the rest fight for scraps.

Refreshing to read an OP from someone not wearing blinders.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
More leftist drivel. Look there is corruption everywhere and it is magnified whenever the government is involved. The government failed to manage those contracts and the result was waste.

Just look at the 5 trillion in deficit wasting Obama has done in 3 years! That should be the focus of your complaints.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ConradCA
More leftist drivel. Look there is corruption everywhere and it is magnified whenever the government is involved. The government failed to manage those contracts and the result was waste.

Just look at the 5 trillion in deficit wasting Obama has done in 3 years! That should be the focus of your complaints.

We have become a nation of Cuckolds, watching our country being [bleep] by domestic and foreign interests.

http://www.wartimecontracting.gov/

"Knowledge is good"
� Emil Faber

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 2,792 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,426
Posts18,528,423
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.