Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
The one and only bombproof external frame backpack from Dana Gleason, bought just after K2 purchased Dana Designs. Bought in 1996 or 1997, I'm pretty sure while Gleason was still overseeing production if my research is correct. Lightly used, meticulously cared for, and then loving stored away during my "canoe camping phase" of the Aughts. I'm told that hunters love these packs because they can carry such a heavy load comfortably.
Packbag size: L Suspension/shoulder straps: L
Waist/hip belt: no tag, but it fits me great, and I'm a size 40" or so waist.
Color: a greenish/blue?
No stains, rips, tears, holes, and all zippers, pulls, pockets, straps, and buckles intact and flawless. Smells like mothballs from so long in storage, but no insect or rodent damage, so that's good!
Price: $250 SHIPPED CONUS, and PayPal fee included
Act now and I'll throw in the hard-to-find Dana Designs packfly/raincover, never used and only pulled from its storage sack for purposes of these pictures. It has the hood feature which keeps rainwater from flowing down between your back and the pack itself.
(Pack filled with pillows to give it some shape for these pictures)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/oruacat2/Loadmaster014.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/oruacat2/PackFly2001.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr194/oruacat2/PackFly2002.jpg[/img]

Full disclosure: I'm not a hunter, I'm a paddler and backpacker trying to go "lighter", but someone suggested that a hunting forum might be interested in this pack. Feel free to ask any questions and if you want I can link you to some forums where I'm an active member with feedback. Thanks for looking.

Kenny

"At the bottom of the pyramid, America is a ruthlessly punitive and accountability-obsessed society. At the top of the pyramid, it is endlessly forgiving. Before trust can be restored, accountability has to be established."
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I didn't already own one, and a Longbed packboard, I'd be all over this.

This should go fast.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give you $30 for the fly.

rb

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Rick - I'll give it a day or two, but if no one shows any interest you get dibs on the packfly. For now it's my "sweetener". haha

KD

"At the bottom of the pyramid, America is a ruthlessly punitive and accountability-obsessed society. At the top of the pyramid, it is endlessly forgiving. Before trust can be restored, accountability has to be established."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
KD:

You got it. smile

Dibs on the fly, boys. smile

rb

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Rick - sent you a PM - the fly is yours if you still want it. Let me know ASAP and I'll adjust the thread itself to reflect this.

KD

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
EDIT EDIT EDIT

PackFly is SOLD

Price of pack reduced to $225 - still including PayPal fees and CONUS shipping

Thanks

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Pack is SOLD SOLD SOLD!

Thanks

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

687 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 73 invisible), 2,986 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,064
Posts18,501,323
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.