Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I was on vacation with my GF in Whistler B.C. I woke up in the village there to grab some Starbucks, came back to the hotel room and turned on the T.V. The second plane was just hitting the second tower....It was like a bad dream. mad

I remember telling my GF that things will drastically change in the future. We sat there for hours watching, we felt really helpless being out of the country and all. Sorrow turned to anger and we said fugg it, were going on our mountain bike trip we had planned. Didn't have fun at all, came back and watched more news coverage. We ended up being stranded there for 3 extra days, due to the border being shut down. Typing this makes me madder than hell....care to share your story?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Moose hunting up the Profit River.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was in my insurance office. One of the girls had turned on the TV and said the Twin towers had been hit with an airplane.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i was in the breakroom at my office. was getting coffee and the tv was on. they were reporting it on tv. i stood there and watch the plane hit the second tower. never did sit down, just stood there and watched.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Everything was fine when another campfire member and I left the house for work. It was about a five mile drive and when we got there it was on the news.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Gus
i was in the breakroom at my office. was getting coffee and the tv was on. they were reporting it on tv. i stood there and watch the plane hit the second tower. never did sit down, just stood there and watched.

Similar experience here. They had donuts or something that morning so we were all in the breakroom. It was a fantasy NASCAR online gaming company I got a job at just after college.

Watched it for several hours until the azzhole owner came in and said "Why isn't anyone at the phones?"

"Because the phones aren't ringing, moron -- no one is worried about their NASCAR trades, they're all too busy watching thousands of people die!"

This is the same guy whose wife/company VP came in @ 2-3 days later and said, to the whole office, "I'm so sick of all this 9/11 coverage. I don't see what the big deal is -- people die EVERY DAY!" I guess she felt inconvenienced.

I was never happier to see a business go under, then when that place took a dump shortly after I got another job.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I had just left ICU to get a bite of Breakfast and someone ask me if i had seen the news, and they where reporting that a plane had crashed into one of the towers.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I was at the local radio shop getting my DVR repaired in my squad. Watched the planes hit. Less then 15 minutes later we were getting all officers paged. As we were federal officers on the reservation we had guys going to the local federal building to help out the FBI. Some went to the Duluth port. Some went to the first power dam on the Mississippi. I dont think we slept for three days, just told my wife to pack up and get to the farm with the kids and stay there until I came for them.

My boys were watching cartoons and were mad when they told my wife all that was on tv was a building on fire. First she heard of it. My boys to this day even though they were little remember when they cartoons stopped.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
running the Tikchik river with my client on a moose hunt in an 18 ft. boat with a 40hp Yahama jet. We'd met up with a pard and his two clients that had floated from the headwaters at Nishlik Lake and partaken of an Alaskan surf and turf moose backstrap and fresh grayling.

had been shorting the Dow all summer long, just nickel and diming it, Dow would run up, I'd short it, it'd pullback and I'd pocket a few grand. Made over 4K while I was sheep hunting that year, would use the SAT phone to call broker and exit my trades or make adjustments to stop loss positions.

called my broker in Chicago that morning around 6 our time, market open there, he informed me of the attacks, I thought he was just messing with me and I admonished him for wasting my SAT battery. And then I could hear the fear in his voice as he explained.

I've been pissed off ever since.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I was sitting on my sofa watching television in Barcelona, Spain, when, with no warning, there was a plane flying into the first tower. It was about 3PM our time when it happened...my wife is from Barcelona, and we watched in horror and awe for hours...just couldn't move...

She is now a US citizen and we will honor the heroes this weekend.

BJ

When a column of troops under Lt. Col. Francis Smith moved into the countryside to collect arms and munitions gathered by the patriot militia, hostilities erupted at Lexington and Concord on Apr. 19, 1775.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was on a walk with my girlfriend before work. Once I got to work, folks were talking about it-I couldn't believe it at first. It was like a bad dream.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
At a transport training centre, doing a forklift drivers course.
Had the TV on the news for most of the day instead of the course.
I remember feeling quite ill, angry and helpless when I saw people leaping from the windows.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I was working at home and preparing for a noon-time golf tournament. I heard of the attack on the car radio as I drove to the tournament and, as I went over the hill at Tyson's Corner (VA) on route 123, I saw the black smoke billowing up from the Pentagon.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
At work, listening on a radio....Russ

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I was beginning to run a meeting of about 30 people at a hotel adjacent to the Sea Tac airport. We went ahead with the meeting. It took some of the meeting participants days to get home. One was directed by his company to rent a car and to drive home instead of flying. He drove from Seattle to Houston.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Sitting in a doctors office waiting for my appointment. First plane hit as I was driving there, heard about it on the radio. Watching it live on tv when the second plane hit...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Over seeing the installation of profiling equipment at Domtar north of Texarkana.

Remember people talking about what was going on, but thinking they were exaggerating a bit. Finally got to a radio and heard it was real.

Rented a car so two of our technicians could return to their homes in Mass. since all flights were cancelled.

JM

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I was at work helping my unit recover from some emergency flood duty when the clips of the planes hitting the towers were shown on the news. we were all in awe, but the contingency planning started immediately. I remember telling the rest of the staff, 'when we start killing people for this, I hope we make sure to kill the right ones'

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Packing an elk out of archery camp. Heard it on the radio when we got to the truck.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
T
I was sleeping in Vegas. I had been attending a conference and had stayed out late on Sept 10th so I was sleeping in. My Dad called me to tell me the towers were gone.

I flipped on the news and the towers were already down. I decided to go to an ATM and get cash since I didn't know what was going to happen next. As I walked to the ATM people were still gambling and acting like nothing happened even though all the tv's at the bars and sports book had the news on.

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (1badf350, 222Sako, 10ring1, 270cowboy, 260Remguy, 1234, 39 invisible), 1,793 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,004
Posts18,520,527
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.