Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I'm considering selling my Miruku BC 800 but I cannot find any information on it except the Charles Daly on the barrels. The gun has auto ejectors and is so fun to shoot I hate to sell it but I need to know what to tell a buyer. I researched it thoroughly and found one BC 700 and five BC 600's. If I could get some leads I would be grateful!

Excuse my ignorance but how do I post a photo?!

GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
have you searched the auction sites
gunbroker
auction arms
guns america

or simply google it and see what they are selling for?

is that extra 25fps worth detonation?
NRA life member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by m219bird
I'm considering selling my Miruku BC 800 but I cannot find any information on it except the Charles Daly on the barrels. The gun has auto ejectors and is so fun to shoot I hate to sell it but I need to know what to tell a buyer. I researched it thoroughly and found one BC 700 and five BC 600's. If I could get some leads I would be grateful!

Excuse my ignorance but how do I post a photo?!
Upload your photo to a site like Photobucket - then run your mouse over the photo and a drop-down menu will appear.. click on the bottom selection and the word 'copied' will appear.. Then just 'paste' that onto your thread here and it'll be done.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I have searched the halls of every library I could find. I found a 700 but nothing like this one. http://s1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb385/hemisboats/miroku/

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Your shotgun is essentially a Charles Daly Superior grade.

There were a number of different labels (models) of the same gun made in the Miroku factory. I have seen Winchesters Mirokus and Dalys.

Personally, I would not sell it. You'll never replace it. There are not a lot of guns as well made and that handle so nicely.

IC B2

M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
It does handle very well, it shoulders so effortlessly after the third round you don't even have to think about your actions. It's kinda weird now that you bring it up! It almost becomes an extension of me........ Maybe I'll keep it.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
BC Miroku makes the Browning Citori's and your gun is basically an early version of that gun. Before Browning contracted with Miroku to build the Citori line of shotguns, the Miroku guns were imported primarily by Charles Daly. (they never built guns for winchester that was another Japanese maker: Kodensha / Nikko)

If your gun is in good shape, it's worth somewhere in the $600 - $700 range. It's every bit as good a gun as the newer Browning citori's, but the fixed chokes and harder to find replacement springs hold the value down a little.

Last edited by weagle; 07/29/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by m219bird
It does handle very well, it shoulders so effortlessly after the third round you don't even have to think about your actions. It's kinda weird now that you bring it up! It almost becomes an extension of me........ Maybe I'll keep it.

Reread your own post. Why in the world would you sell a quality shotgun that fits like that?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You mean the third round from an O/U? wink

Yeah, I know there is more than one definition for round... but it still caught me off-guard for a minute.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Yeah, the 3rd shot is effortless. Especially since I hadn't shot it for a long time. I did keep it!

Thanks for keeping my eye on the ones not to sell.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was going to say the 800 is the trap model, I have one as well. However, you say yours is a 20 gauge, so it must be the presentation level as stated earlier.

1. Take a digital picture.
2. Save it onto your computer, remember where you put it.
3. Open an account with photobucket.com.
4. Within photobucket, UPLOAD the picture saved on your computer.
5. Within photobucket, COPY the IMG code of that uploaded picture, and paste it in your comment, like so.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by grouseman; 09/07/11.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I agree that the shotgun pictured looks like a Daly superior grade and a later one at that. The earlier ones were round knob lightning style without white spacers.
dan

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have a B.C. Miroku Charles Daly Superior Grade 12 gauge. I bought it in about 1979 and I've used it enough that it is indeed like an old friend. It has the flat pistol grip without a cap, and has coil springs. The coil springs are replaceable by any good gunsmith, should the need arise. It's probably worth $700 on a good day, but it is definitely NOT for sale. I also have a Miroku 600 skeet gun in 20 gauge. The 600 has a round pistol grip knob and flat leaf springs that present more of a challenge to replace.

Workmanship on both guns is pretty much flawless, and the engraving patterns look identical to that in your pictures.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,419 guests, and 1,218 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.