-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#56133 03/14/02
zadok Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello Ken, I hope your doing well today!
<br>
<br>What are your feelings about the CZ 550 action ?
<br>Can the trigger be adjusted?
<br>How do they compare with the current M70 Winchester?
<br>
<br>I know that AHR uses them.
<br>
<br>Thanks,
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can not advise on the CZ 550 but I have a 527 in 22 hornet. The factory trigger came out of the box at about 38 oz and the set trigger was a crisp 8 oz. I have not seen the need to make any adjustments. My only beef is why can't we in the old US of A make a rifle with the same quality!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
DFC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The CZ is a class act rifle. Very good workmanship throughout. I guess the answer to your question of why we can't make a rifle of that quality for the same price, is we won't work for $3.00 an hour, at least not today, but maybe real soon?
<br>
<br>
<br>Dan

GBB Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Really need to butt in, as I have been looking for a hornet for over a year now. Everybody will special order and at list or higher price. This puts them out of my reach, Then I see these BRNO ZBK 110 in hornet at around $200. That's my league! But the dilemma! I have heard nothing but the best things about the CZ/USA units, do you have any input on the new BRNO units, or about this ZBK 110 in particular? It's a single shot hornet, I really LIKE single shot rifles, I am hoping for accuracy, dependability, a good trigger and a good fit and finish. It seems sort of unbelievable I could get all that for a couple of hundred bucks (more or less).
<br>All input deeply appreciated, gratefully accepted.
<br>GBB
<br>

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As per the $3.00 an hour comment, I have to disagree with you. I have been a machinist and involved in manufacturing for... well for a while. I even have some experience in the manufacture of bolt action rifles, Cascade Arms left my side of the Cascade Mountains with over $1,000.00 of my tooling. From the kind of business they are doing I am sure my investment is gone for good.
<br>
<br>Compare the quality of my CZ to the Ruger 77SS I bought several years ago. I could bounce the Ruger 77 with my finger on the trigger and the rifle would not fire. The CZ came with less then a 3 pound trigger that broke crisp with no creep. When set the same trigger broke at 8 oz. The Ruger stock was a mess and I eventually gave up trying to float the barrel and just full length bedded it. The CZ barrel was full length free floated out of the box. The 77 would shoot 1.5" 100 yard groups after a lot of work and load development, the CZ would shoot well under 1/2" on the first trip to the range with the only prep being the cleaning of the barrel. The Ruger went down the road with a "Never Again" attitude from me, the CZ has found a home for life.
<br>
<br>We could build quality if we wanted to, we just don't seem to want to.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Scott, you got the Ruger to shoot 1 1/2" groups?! I've yet to have one shoot that good.

Is it Friday yet?
DFC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I will have to agree with the Ruger group sizes. Mine were never very good.
<br>
<br>Dan

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

<br>Yeah, Rugers suck ! My 243 only averages under .5 MOA (3-shot groups)with 4 different loads,so far. [Linked Image]

James
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
I suppose I am lucky enough to live in New Zealand which is an outdoors paradise. Living where we do we get to see what the world produces and can make comparisons with out the demon of patiotism sticking its ugly head in. We have come to the conclusion that the European produced fire arms are of a better quality (over all) than US produced ones. Top of the heap is Blaser and like rifles ( stunningly expensive here) , but Sako/Tikka is what most of us would love to own. Anshutz is excellent and the CZ/BRNO family of rifles is held in very high regard. Whilst I own a Remington Mt Rifle in .25-06 for its light weight I would dearly love a Sako or Tikka .25-06 for general hunting. Whilst the US produced firearms are very good the Europeans are better. I hope I haven't ruffled to many of your feathers, and I am sorry if I have, but it just the way it is.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't know why you should ruffle feathers. The European firearms are still made by gunmakers and cost accordingly. US factory built firearms are put together by lawyer driven bean counters and some guy who can run a computer. Unfortunately I believe the European companies will catch up to the US in "quality" soon.
<br>BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey There
<br> Although I'm a Tikka/Sako nut for sure just had to throw in a little thumbs up for the Rugers.
<br> Fri. at our 100yd range using store bought 130gr Win. .270's a 3 shot group out of an old M77 .586 O.D.,and an old M77 in 7x57 handloaded 150gr .488 O.D..
<br> I do have to admit though the 7x57 did take a trip back to the factory for barrel problems,fixed at no charge.
<br> And I'm sure if the benchrest folks here could take these rifles and shoot them they would do even better.
<br> CZ's are great to.IMHO.
<br> Ruttin

Take a kid huntin'and teach them well,they are our future.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Lindsay
<br> I don't let the "demon of patriotism" skew my buying purchases. However, American patriotism has saved the bacon of countless countrys over the years. So excuse me if I stick my ugly head out on occasion. dempsey

DFC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In as much as your country don't have to feed the world, protect the world, shoot men to the moon, be the leader of the free world, not to mention prop up every failing government in the world. Just where do you think the funds come from to do all this? We Americans pay it ALL. Taxes run the price of firearms up to the point American companies are hard pressed to keep pace with the foreign companies that don't pay squat in taxes. Buy what you like, just don't call us next time a hitler is kicking the squat out of europe.
<br>
<br>Dan
<br>
<br>

Last edited by DFC; 03/24/02.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
DFC, While I agree with your sentiments about how much the US takes on for the world, your argument that our manufacturers pay more in tax than the Europeans is not valid. They are some of the most heavily taxed in the world to pay for their social welfare system. Not to mention 4 to 6 weeks mandatory vacation time per year, etc..... I do submit however that they do not have our legal system and 95% of the worlds lawyers to contend with. TM

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

649 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.