Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Awesome!

Glad it worked out. Glad too to hear that 140# didn't break it. I hope i get the chance to put mine to work like that.

--thumper338

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Biggs - thanx for the input on the Alps compression sack......been lookin around for something along the same line.

Wish i had known about the coupon when i ordered mine..........

Thumper,good luck on your hunt........take some camp pics again.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
North - what brand of detergent are you using? Have you used it in the past on pack bags?

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Sorry mate my wife started the wash..no idea what she used, just some brand of clothing detergent.

OK she just came in..it was, wait for it.....TIDE. Seemed not to have any harmful effects but we rinsed it out almost immediately.

Last edited by North61; 09/18/11.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Gotcha......i have some Sport-wash that i have used on stuff bags to wash the blood out of the material.
Think i'll call Bean and see if they have a recommendation.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Coupon worked for me, should be here Friday. I'm going to need some accessories to carry a rifle on the pack any suggestions?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by TomS
Coupon worked for me, should be here Friday. I'm going to need some accessories to carry a rifle on the pack any suggestions?

I have a Kifaru Gunbearer on my Kifaru Longhunter pack that I plan to use on both my Carry All and K. Longhunter. I may even buy a second Gunbearer, since they work on virtually any pack. If you want your rifle at a ready to shoot position, the Gunbearer is hard to beat. Here is a link: http://www.kifaru.net/gunbearer_hunt.html

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Thanks for the link to the Gunbearer, I had not seen this before. I do question the guns position, seems the scope is in the way of the arm - how does it feel?

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I've got this one.

http://www.gunslingercorral.com/

Here I am using it... on my other pack. I have it installed on the Carry All now.
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
The plot thickens - time to research

Last edited by TomS; 09/20/11.
IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I have the gun slingers corral rifle holster and love it. I used to use it on my MR setup and have used it with my LL Bean Bigelow with no complaints.

I'm ordering the Carryall right now!

Thanks to everyone for all the input on this. Think this might be the thing I've been looking for.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
TomS, I too thought the Gunbearer looked like the rifle may be in the way and even a bit clumsy. However, the barrel is close to the chest and the butt of the gun rides low and further back from you side. It distributes the weight of the gun nicely and carries well.

Last edited by Biggs300; 09/21/11.

G
gwl Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I am a skinny guy and ware 31 inch pants. Some say that the hip belt will not work for me. Anyone skinny have one let me know if it works for you?. Second the shoulder straps look thin and for me that is good because I would hunt with it on and need to be able to get my rifle butt in place. Anyone who has one do you find that you can get the rifle butt in place well with the shoulder straps. Some packs have such thick and stiff shoulder straps that it is very hard to feel like you have the gun in your shoulder pocket. Any feedback on these points would be great. Greg

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Got the pack today, this thing is going to extraordinarily useful, going to get 3 comp sacks(SM MED LG), and a gun bearer type thing and I'll be set

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gwl
I am a skinny guy and ware 31 inch pants. Some say that the hip belt will not work for me. Anyone skinny have one let me know if it works for you?. Second the shoulder straps look thin and for me that is good because I would hunt with it on and need to be able to get my rifle butt in place. Anyone who has one do you find that you can get the rifle butt in place well with the shoulder straps. Some packs have such thick and stiff shoulder straps that it is very hard to feel like you have the gun in your shoulder pocket. Any feedback on these points would be great. Greg

gwl,I too am a skinny guy and just recieved my pack today.My waist is about a 32 and the waist belt just fits me adjusted all the way up so not sure if it would fit you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just ordered one.
$80 and a money back guarantee........
Why not?

Thanks all for the write ups.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
G
gwl Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
May be to big for me so I will need to go on beer and pizza diet. Always picked last for sports and now this.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gwl
May be to big for me so I will need to go on beer and pizza diet. Always picked last for sports and now this.

gwl,It may fit you.If I were you I would order it and if it is too big send it back.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I haven't been brave enough to dismantle mine yet but it does appear that the waistbelt is removable. Maybe it can be altered or replaced with a K or MR belt.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is probably the easiest backpack to adjust and/or dismantle that I have. Just wish my Kifaru was as easy.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,409 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,397
Posts18,488,893
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.