Print Thread
Hop To
Page 741 of 1,842 1 2 739 740 741 742 743 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
We play wi quite often while the rest of the family is out doing their thing. I can beat him at golf but he's quite a bowler. He bowled a strike from the toilet once, kind of like the blind "pinball wizzard". I believe he won that game.

There must be something WII Bowling and kids. Jack can out bowl anyone in the family.

I highlighted the toilet part because both kids find it very funny they can roll strikes from the John and dad has a hard enough time doing from in front of the TV.

The old man can buzz the fastball by them pretty good in baseball and is still the undefeated champ in boxing. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Me and the kids built an 'old school' deer stand last night. By old school I mean the damn thing was crooked before it spent a minute in the woods. grin I don't know what I did, but it ain't right. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Tzone, maybe once you get it in the woods it'll look straight and you won't have to wonder anymore. I started building the platform for a 6x8 stand we are going to get out soon. putting a pop-up blind on the top of it for now until it gets fully enclosed.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Maybe I can find a nice side hill to put it up on so it will be level. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
You guys with all of your randomly named stands. We, on the other hand, prefer a theme in our naming convention:

Dad's stand
Brian's stand
Rollie's stand
Dale's stand
Denny's stand
Ryan's stand
Gene's stand
Dusty's stand and
My stand.

Can anyone figure out the pattern? confused grin

Spent the week in downtown Chicago. There is nothing like downtown Chicago (or Atago as my boys call it) to make a guy miss the country. I think I listed to "Take a Backroad" by Rodney Atkins about 5 times on the way home to try and cleanse my soul. I dont know how you can live in an apartment in downtown Chicago. Buuuuttt, someone likes it cuz there are a gazillion people there. Man, those buildings are TALL.

And yes, I did make it to the American Girl doll store to buy Lauren some incredibly overpriced accessories to her doll. I proudly toted that pink AMERICAN GIRL bag all afternoon. Dang near forgot to pick up my Man Card on the way back out though.... eek

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Our daughters must be close to the same age. We have several of those dolls in our house. Christmas and B-day's, it it tops on her list to American Girl Doll and pick one out.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Berettaman

And yes, I did make it to the American Girl doll store to buy Lauren some incredibly overpriced accessories to her doll. I proudly toted that pink AMERICAN GIRL bag all afternoon. Dang near forgot to pick up my Man Card on the way back out though.... eek

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by northern_dave

[Linked Image]

That is awesome!!!

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by tzone

I like 'em a little off-kilter. It helps all the coon crap roll to one corner.

Support your local brewer.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Pointbock
Originally Posted by tzone

I like 'em a little off-kilter. It helps all the coon crap roll to one corner.

Well half the time on of the legs ends up on root so maybe it won't be so bad after all. laugh

IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
You like that? I was just going to type it in a reply but I figured this looked more official.

grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a feeling we may be seeing some of those certificates with different accomplishments hanging on the wall at Chickenbuck in the future. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
whistle

never know...

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Fantastic! The embarrassment is now worth it. I didnt share the whole story either, which makes the award so much better. I got on an elevator with 3 guys I didnt know. I just sat there and watched their eyes in the mirror and when 1 of them looked down and saw the bag the snicker was immediate on his face. I had to pipe up quickly with,'Yes, I have a daughter!'.

Of course the people at the meeting I DID know were not as nice. At least the men werent. I took a little heat about buying doll dresses for MY dall.. Now the women on the other hand....lets just say if I was single, I might tote one of those around quite often!

Gonna print the award out and hang it proudly here in the office!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
PM you e-mail addy and I'll send you the full sized image file.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I might tote one of those around quite often!

I knew it!!!!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
We still get catalogs from them. The wife mail ordered a doll for our granddaughter over 10 years years ago.

Good to hear PWM is keeping you out of trouble Dave. I believe my son is taking the grandson squirel hunting this weekend.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Me and mini-man got the deer stand built, straight this time and painted. All ready to hit the woods with it this weekend.

I'm hoping to find a decent spot for a south wind to get it set up. I'd also like to get the trail cams out. If we have some time left, it would be nice to swat a few grouse.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ND, are you heading to chickenbuck this fine weekend? sounds like a dandy. some stand building and tree trimming. maybe polish off some fine beverages around the campfire!

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Nate and I talked about it last night and I do think we will head out there tonight. bring some tools and a couple rimfires and shotguns out. We are talking about starting work on a pole shed near the cabin for tractor and firewood storage.

We might even poke around for some grouse while we are out there.

Something clever here.

Page 741 of 1,842 1 2 739 740 741 742 743 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 66 invisible), 2,456 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.