Campfire Ranger
lol

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there a couples discount?

My wife and I are quite interested in this event!

Out of state license is required too I assume?

Last edited by HugAJackass; 09/24/11.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man that would be a load of fun. I'm thinking I'd like to bring an old ugly #4 Enfield down there.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Mac84
lol

You gonna quit chucklin' long enough to see if the boss will let you come to this one grin .

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
HugAJ,

No license is required, and if your wife does not hunt, the cost to her is $275 for food and lodging. If she hunts, it's the same price as everyone else.

Hope you both can make it.

You may want to pull up the Wilderness web site and check it out.

Steve

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
CrimsonTide

I'm planning on posting a list of those going on the hunt, along with the firearm they intend to use. I'll do this about a month before the hunt.

Will also try to get pictures at the hunt of the hunters with their firearms and post them. The Fire will be able to connect a handle with a face and a firearm.

Good times are right around the corner!

Steve

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Bump for Steve and the campfire......

maddog

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I'd love to go. It sounds like a great hunt and a lot of fun. My father and I have talked about going on a hog hunt and black bear hunt the last few years. We aren't talking much anymore so that'll never happen.

Being that I had back surgery this past March and will be out of a job by as soon as I'm released to go back to work. I would've been laid off Sept. 9th if I wasn't still on comp recovering. Money is going to be super tight as much as I'd love to go.

Take a lot of pic's and post them for us that can't go to see!

NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
NYH1,

You've sure had a string of bad luck. Hope things turn around for you real soon.

Pics will be posted after the hunt, and there always seems to be a lot of good stories and memories after these boar hunts that keep getting mentioned. Some sort of history in the making.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by Mac84
lol

You gonna quit chucklin' long enough to see if the boss will let you come to this one grin .

George

I already know the answer, whatever I tell her! Grin

You know I want to but we are getting killed in taxes this year and I can't get ot to fill the gap. I may have to sell a rifle. sick

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'll write more later when I'm able, but I was there a few years back with a group of guys who had also been there the previous year.

We all had a good time, is it a hunt of a lifetime? Probably not, but for a fairly inexpensive hunt I don't think you could do much better. Accommodations at the time were decent/comfortable. Food was good, had plenty throughout the day available.

I hunted with my bow and had quite the time getting a decent sized boar, but ended up with the largest in our group and was the only archery hunter.

I'll get back to this later, have a pile of paper work sitting in front of me.

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
cal74

Thanks for posting you experience at Wilderness. I think that those who are considering hunting there will benefit from multiple reports from those who have hunted there.

Steve

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How come your not going to Caryonah? Did it have to do with the TWRA changing the Reg's. on wild hogs? They've been removed as a big game animal and are now listed as a non-protected species. It increases the hunting opportunities.

There is no more wild hog hunting in TN. on private land. Special control measures have been implemented for landowners.

If Wilderness is 100% fenced, and Caryonah isn't, they may fall under the new Reg. provisions of private land. The TWRA doesn't want them running around breeding anywhere and everywhere. Or did you just get a better deal?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

hunter1960:

The advantages of Wilderness over Carryonah are significant, though I liked both. If I thought you were asking an honest question, I would answer it.

You were a troll when we hunted Carryonah, and it looks like nothing has changed.

All we are is a bunch of guys (and hopefully some gals) who very much enjoy getting together and going on a good hunt. Nothing complicated.

Don't know why that would even interest you.

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Troublemaker.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE

hunter1960:

The advantages of Wilderness over Carryonah are significant, though I liked both. If I thought you were asking an honest question, I would answer it.

You were a troll when we hunted Carryonah, and it looks like nothing has changed.

All we are is a bunch of guys (and hopefully some gals) who very much enjoy getting together and going on a good hunt. Nothing complicated.

Don't know why that would even interest you.

Steve

I asked you an honest and sincere question? If you don't want to answer that's fine. At least your spending your money in Monterey, Putnam Co. and the state of TN. we appreciate it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

My wife and I are quite interested in this event!

Out of state license is required too I assume?

web site says whatever license you need is included in the day rate

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
=====================

Sure! I'll pay 100 bucks if your lovely wife hunts with me!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
I was at wilderness back in the late 80s we had a ball! Alan was a great host and the food was great, we did a turkey Hog hunt back then, id like to go might have to bring an old 303 savage 99, keep me in mind, would depend on work April waould be a No for sure. the big log lodge was new when i was there. I shot a 400bl. hog with 4in. tusks but was a mix of red brown and white, would love to get a russ. looking one for the wall!

John

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
400bl. hog with 4in. tusks but was a mix of red brown and white
===============

So did I and let me tell you...don't wait for a pat on the back and a hardy congrats from this pack of sharks!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 3 of 101 1 2 3 4 5 100 101

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.