Print Thread
Hop To
Page 743 of 1,842 1 2 741 742 743 744 745 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Views to the north and south from Pam's stand.

North

[Linked Image]

South

[Linked Image]

The glow of the bonfire lighting up the front of the old pickup.

[Linked Image]

We're seeing a few of these tracks again.

[Linked Image]

And finally the mighty hunter with his first kill.

All the work I put into teaching him muzzle safety and I look like I'm sticking my face over the little gun barrel crazy

[Linked Image]

Well I do believe I was behind it, still looks bad in the picture though.

It was a busy weekend, lots of firewood cut, lots of limbing and mowing. Nate shot a grouse on the trails behind the Cabin Friday evening. We were cooking it when buschpilot and his sidekick came to visit. It was great seeing you guys, good luck on your big fishing trip this coming weekend.

Something clever here.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You guys did quite a bit of work out there last weekend. Looks great around Pam's stand.

Went 4 wheeling this weekend. We put on about 60 miles.

Well Sounds like Brad and I are headed up north this weekend. But I first have to go in my storage building to get my caramel bar recipe. If I go up there with out them bars again I don't think RWS will be very happy with me. laugh

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Forgot to mention that the road held up very well too even with the rain we got last week. It held water in a couple of places so I'll work on improving those 2 spots.

The weather looks great for the coming weekend! Definately sweatshirt/light jacket weather but it's going to be great. And the fall colors should be in full swing by the weekend too.

Something clever here.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Awesome weather here this weekend too and boy, did we get our money's worth! Saturday, Lauren and I hooked up with 4 other dads and their kids and went on a goose hunt. With 10 people and half of them kids, I was really wondering on chances for success. Turns out, there was 4 rows of standing corn to sit in. That made all of the difference as it kept the moving kids from being seen from above. And wow, what a hunt! We shot our limit of 15 in about 20 minutes!
[Linked Image]

Then it was off to Big Vehicle day where the kids got to sit in dump trucks, road graders, tractors, ambulances, etc. Then off to the Homecoming parade. Then off to the Homecoming game (we won 26-0). Finally back home to watch the Gophers football ga....debacle. Sunday was more goose hunting (different field and no luck), church, winterize the camper, and then pressure wash the driveway so we can seal it. By 9 on Sunday night, I was sleeping!

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Brad is a name I do not recognize....

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
He's new.

grin

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill

Talked to the grandson last night. He landed (With dads help) his first legal salmon Sunday. When I asked him how big it was he said it was about 11 feet.

Well...he tells stories like a fisherman. lol.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave

That sucks Bill, we have sunshine in our forecast for the whole week again here.

[/quote]

Hows the weather looking for this weekend Dave? I have a very excited little boy. I'm pulling him from school early on friday and pointing north.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Muffy

Well Sounds like Brad and I are headed up north this weekend. But I first have to go in my storage building to get my caramel bar recipe. If I go up there with out them bars again I don't think RWS will be very happy with me. laugh

He ain't the only one woman. grin

Are you guys brining wheelers? I'm still trying to decide.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
No rain, highs in the low to mid 60's.

Something clever here.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Send that sunshine our way Dave. We're not on track to see the sun again until Friday.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Awesome weather here this weekend too and boy, did we get our money's worth! Saturday, Lauren and I hooked up with 4 other dads and their kids and went on a goose hunt. With 10 people and half of them kids, I was really wondering on chances for success. Turns out, there was 4 rows of standing corn to sit in. That made all of the difference as it kept the moving kids from being seen from above. And wow, what a hunt! We shot our limit of 15 in about 20 minutes!
[Linked Image]

BM, how many did Lauren get?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like all of you had a great weekend.Ours was very quiet.Now it's Monday and the kitchen contractor is here banging and sawing away on the kitchen remodeling.I think I'll go hide at the gun store for awhile.
We have a busy weekend coming up.Our oldest grandson is getting married to his long time(6 years) steady young lady.She finally graduated from UGA as a veterinarian so now they are going to settle down.We have to travel to the eastern part of the state on Friday for the wedding on Saturday.
Next week I'll be muzzle loader hunting for deer.

Stan in SC

Last edited by Stan_in_SC; 09/26/11.

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

He ain't the only one woman. grin

Are you guys brining wheelers? I'm still trying to decide.

smile

We have not really decided between the Razor or the wheelers. I'm thinking probly the wheelers.

I talked to mom and asked if her and dad were going up there and she was going to talk to him about it.

I am out of order until further notice. My "stupid people" filter needs cleaning and my "give a damn" batteries have run out.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Brad is a name I do not recognize....

Yep he is new. He is a good friend of the couple I'm living with. They introduced us the first part of August. He hunts, snowmobiles, likes to go 4 wheeling. He also drives GMC pickups (smart man). But I'm sure he will get no grief about that this weekend. laugh

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

smile

We have not really decided between the Razor or the wheelers. I'm thinking probly the wheelers.

I talked to mom and asked if her and dad were going up there and she was going to talk to him about it.

I really think Big D needs to come up. I haven't met your mom yet so I think she needs to come up too. I'm bringing the wheeler, I have to get some goggles for Jack. He's excited, heck, so am I.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
He also drives GMC pickups (smart man). But I'm sure he will get no grief about that this weekend. laugh

I'm sure we'll have to rescue him at some point. laugh

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone
He also drives GMC pickups (smart man). But I'm sure he will get no grief about that this weekend. laugh

I'm sure we'll have to rescue him at some point. laugh

Good luck with that. laugh

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Griz,
Lauren, at 7 years old, is too young to shoot. She was just along to enjoy the hunt. She did great too. This was her 4th trip and first where we had any success. We got up at 5 am and she was a good little girl. Boy, did she squeal when that first goose hit the ground! She was soooo excited! Every flock that we shot at she would ask all excitedly, Did you get one? Did you get one??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it was 95 here today according to the truck. thursday its supposed to cool off to 68. no rain here for a couple weeks, my winter wheat is sure comin up, so are the oats but the deer are eating them off as fast. hoping for some cool weather! I did manage to see 5 nice bucks today, all over 8 points with a spread of about 16-22". I just need one of them to come by me when I'm huntin smile

wish I was comin up this weekend but I'm joining some other members out here for an antelope hunt, I've been stoked to go ever since eh76 asked me. I get to meet a few members for the first time, and I will be sporting my chickenbuck hat and shirt the whole hunt. standby for pics

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 743 of 1,842 1 2 741 742 743 744 745 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,455
Posts18,489,729
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.