Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Last weekend went to OH to judge at a FT and run a couple stakes. It was HOT and no cover was cut, literally to horses backs (horseback FT). We ended up with very large entries and I couldn't break from judging the one gun dog stake to run my puppy Snap, her sister Cha-Cha (formerly Autumn) was there as well. I got a friend -who never met Snap - to run her for me, Cha-Cha was sent up by her owner to be run by a pro there he only had her one week.
Well, Cha-Cha WON BOTH the puppy stakes run by someone she knew a week in one and a total stranger in the other and Snap took 3rd! Cha-Cha got a respectable 3rd the weekend prior in her first FT in a HB stake.
Jesse made the call back in a LARGE limited gun dog stake, but his handler (me) got nervous & wrong wayed him into a bird (wind to his back) and he stepped on the bird & it popped in his face, UGH. We blew a 5 point retrieving major. a direct quote from the judge " The dog did a great job and deserved the win, nice job dumbass" they ended up withholding 1st and 2nd, dbl UGH.
Snap then turned around & got a 4th in a large derby stake, youngest one running too.
This weekend I drove to Ithica NY to intro Snap to her new owner, she met him Fri night, I stayed over to watch & they both ran on Saturday in NAVHDA NA. Snap handled awesome for him & they got a NA prize one, perfect score 112!!!!!!
Pretty nice 2 weekends for the Zodiak clan! smile

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
GB1

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Almost forgot!! Jess' sister Nikki (who is still nationally ranked in puppy/derby) took a 3rd last week out of 21 starters in her first gun dog (broke) stake!!

Be the type of woman that when you wake up each morning and put your feet on the floor the Devil says -
"Oh Crap, She's Up!"
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
Jess pulls down another good run this weekend, in a field of 20 he places second in the Open Gun Dog in a retrieving stake at a horseback trial beating out several finished field champions and a national field champion, not bad for a 2 yr old only worked off foot in small areas!!
I was also one of the only 2 amatuers running.......proud of my boy!! Nitro got 4th in the derby. Snap is in season and Chacha didn't run.

"Oh Crap, She's Up!"

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,910
Posts18,518,654
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.