Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
WHat!? A perp was struck by an officer of the law ???
After he raised his hand to strike him???

What's next ?
A screen test?

( you know... when you handcuff a perp and tosshim in the back of the squad car. And then while racing at a high rate of speed, the officer must slam on the brakes to avoid a ..
deer or small child in the road..
the the perp tests the strength of the screen
With his face.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats a mighty wide brush you're paintin with there.

I watched the video, I think the cop coulda gotten away with the first hit saying he took it as a threatening move. the beating following it, nope. the cop is the one who escalated it, not the perp. there is a reason they train through scenarios all the time, in order to be able to make the right judgement call.

he made the wrong call, but it could be seen why, but only if it had ended there. looks like he had a chip on his shoulder and was pissed at the guy. maybe he was having a bad day, who knows. but when 2 big dudes have one guy on the ground, there should be no reason to kidney punch him over and over when trying to cuff him.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
thats a mighty wide brush you're paintin with there.

I watched the video, I think the cop coulda gotten away with the first hit saying he took it as a threatening move. the beating following it, nope. the cop is the one who escalated it, not the perp. there is a reason they train through scenarios all the time, in order to be able to make the right judgement call.

he made the wrong call, but it could be seen why, but only if it had ended there. looks like he had a chip on his shoulder and was pissed at the guy. maybe he was having a bad day, who knows. but when 2 big dudes have one guy on the ground, there should be no reason to kidney punch him over and over when trying to cuff him.

I never stated, that the officer, did the right thing. If the officer believed that the person was being aggressive towards him, he had other ways to deal with it, that would stand up better in court.

The officer had the camera to his advantage, until he struck him, he then lost that advantage.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
The camera doesn't tell you what was said.
The guys mouth was probably asking to be shut.
With force!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Kachad
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Not a good ideal to get aggressive verbally and wave your hands above the shoulders in the face of someone who has to be on edge constantly. Not a sucker punch when your facing someone and they are confrontational. Where is it written that cop can't throw the first punch.

Might have got by with the first knockout punch but the I told you so following first punch likely will cost someone some money.
GW

I agree. I don't think I can blame the Cop for throwing the first two punches. To me, it doesn't make any sense at all for a perp to be waving his hands around an Officer.

However, near the end of the video it looks like that same Cop threw a couple extra punches after the perp was cuffed. That is what will make the perps case (going to watch the vid again).

Stephen

Thug with a badge. Stop justifying poor behavior or the next victim may be you.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ColsPaul

What's next ?
A screen test?

( you know... when you handcuff a perp and tosshim in the back of the squad car. And then while racing at a high rate of speed, the officer must slam on the brakes to avoid a ..
With his face.

Good thing this guy didn't scratch his balls, you would have justified a shooting.

Oh and do yourself a favor, don't get a CC permit, it's obvious your sense of immediate threat is whacked and you'll end up being Bubba's bunk mate for blowing away some kid for reaching into his pocket for his car keys.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
Not a good ideal to get aggressive verbally and wave your hands above the shoulders in the face of someone who has to be on edge constantly. Not a sucker punch when your facing someone and they are confrontational. Where is it written that cop can't throw the first punch.

Might have got by with the first knockout punch but the I told you so following first punch likely will cost someone some money.
GW

That's how it was done years ago. But it's all changed to a kindier, gentlier, concept. Eventhough society hasn't gotten kindier & gentlier. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ColsPaul

What's next ?
A screen test?

With his face.

That really doesn't happen, that's just a rumor. wink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Police have a tough job to do, no doubt, but it's the job they chose. When I was coming up, police got a certain amount of respect because of the badge and the job they did, the rest they had to earn. Today, I still respect the badge and the job, but approach every police encounter with guarded caution based on first hand experiences, and I have never been arrested or spent time in a cell for anything.

When people get in trouble for dumb stuff they do, a lot of emotions often come out. A good cop knows how to contain those emotions with what he says and and how he says them and body language. The guy would have been crazy to swing at the cop with another right there and I highly doubt he was going to do anything like that. He was just scared and drunk and the emotions were coming out. The cop made sport of him, and then demonstrated who he was when he beat him some more in cuffs. We don't even know how much he beat the guy since the vid stops as he drew back the third time. That my friend is the difference between a police officer, and a jackbooted thug.

That is an excellent post and one I appreciate.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Thug with a badge.

More likely, an average guy that couldn't control his emotions, and shouldn't be a cop.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Thug with a badge.

More likely, an average guy that couldn't control his emotions, and shouldn't be a cop.

Possibly. Either way, he gives good cops, a bad name and needs to be gone.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Agreed. Many cops don't survive the tests of the profession and unfortunately, nothing but the job itself can provide those tests.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
God, 22 more months and I'll never do this job again.

Joel,

Life after retirement is WONDERFUL!

Ed

Thanks Ed. I don't know where I'd be without you reminding me its gonna be alright, every now and then.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thug with a badge.

And THAT is EXACTLY the problem. I can't count the number of times I'v seen 'Cops' or some other such show and particularly the high speed chase scenes where the perps goes racing and crashing through residential areas endangering countless others. Invariably the perp gets cornered and taken down and cuffed and relatively calmly arrested. Now... I understand the cameras are rolling and I understand I'm just watching TV and I'm a pretty calm personality by most's standards, yet I get so worked up I invariably find myself saying "How in the world do they not beat that idiot to within an inch of his life!" That is generally followed up with the proclamation "Just another one of many reasons I could never be a cop!"
So to your point above, the "average guy" should not be a cop. It takes someone cut from a different and yes 'better' cloth. The problem is all too often the 'average guy' and even the 'sub average guy' are hired and then are on the side of the thin blue line that buys then a level of deference from their brothers in uniform that is simply unconscionable to those of us that pay them to 'protect and serve'. A little self policing of their own ranks and properly placed public scorn of those who fall short would do more for their public image than any 8 figure marketing campaign.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Managing police is like managing whitetail bucks... where you start is where you stop. You should count your blessings when you ever get one better than what meets the absolute minimal qualification.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm usually defending the cops on these, but it sure doesn't look like anyone should be in this case.

That's O.K. DINK will be along shortly to defend the cops.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You should count your blessings when you ever get one better than what meets the absolute minimal qualification.
Dear Lord... THAT is hardly encouraging.... frown

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh...I could defend him by pointing out that the guy might have just told the officer that he had a knife in his pocket and was going to slit his throat, and the officer acted in a decisive mannor. The reality of the business is that if this even were the case, you can't survive a career looking bad.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Police have a tough job to do, no doubt, but it's the job they chose. When I was coming up, police got a certain amount of respect because of the badge and the job they did, the rest they had to earn. Today, I still respect the badge and the job, but approach every police encounter with guarded caution based on first hand experiences, and I have never been arrested or spent time in a cell for anything.

When people get in trouble for dumb stuff they do, a lot of emotions often come out. A good cop knows how to contain those emotions with what he says and and how he says them and body language. The guy would have been crazy to swing at the cop with another right there and I highly doubt he was going to do anything like that. He was just scared and drunk and the emotions were coming out. The cop made sport of him, and then demonstrated who he was when he beat him some more in cuffs. We don't even know how much he beat the guy since the vid stops as he drew back the third time. That my friend is the difference between a police officer, and a jackbooted thug.

That is an excellent post and one I appreciate.
Thank you Lt. Powell. That means more to me than you will know.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
More than likely the dude was drunk and was pretty provocative with mouth and waving his hands. If the video showed the cop getting hit first two things would have happened; 1) 6 cops would have kicked the crap out of the dude and, 2) people would say that its part of being on the job.

Kevin Haile
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (257Bob, 12344mag, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 222ND, 63 invisible), 2,632 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,381
Posts18,527,562
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.