Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
A Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agent was found dead this morning, Sept. 30, in West Feliciana Parish. The body of Sgt. Paul Stuckey, 47, of Zachary, was found by local fishermen at the old ferry landing near the banks of the Mississippi River just outside of St. Francisville at daybreak. West Feliciana Sheriff's Office (WFSO) deputies were the first on the scene and found Sgt. Stuckey with a shotgun wound to his chest next to his patrol vehicle. The WFSO notified LDWF at 7 a.m. "Our hearts go out to the Sgt. Stuckey family and his extended family of fellow agents will be there to help them through this tough time," said Col. Winton Vidrine, head of the LDWF Enforcement Division. According to LDWF dispatch, Sgt. Stuckey's last known communication with the department was at 2:15 a.m. identifying that he was responding to a night hunting complaint. Sgt. Stuckey had been with the LDWF Enforcement Division for 18 years. The cause of his death is currently under investigation. His body was turned over to the West Feliciana Coroners Office

Sorry DSMF's...This burns my ass....

George

"Hunting, fishing, roping, working, sleeping, eating. Not always in that order."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
sure hoping they catch the folks that did this. I really, REALLY hate to hear about a game warden being killed in the line of duty.

Sam......

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I know quite a few WMs here in Az... all good guys...

this is just a tragedy for sure... pain for the family...

Kent

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
May have walked up on a drug deal. The road to that old ferry landing is one way in, one way out. Night hunters tend to use boats in the river.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Sorry to hear this.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
sure hoping they catch the folks that did this. I really, REALLY hate to hear about a game warden being killed in the line of duty.
Same here.
The job they do, and the risk they take, for the 'pay' they get defies logic. When it comes to 'thankless' jobs, I'm guessing that one has got to be near the top of the list.
Prayer said for his family, friends and co-workers left behind and for justice for those that perpetrated this.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by GeorgeS3
A Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agent was found dead this morning, Sept. 30, in West Feliciana Parish. The body of Sgt. Paul Stuckey, 47, of Zachary, was found by local fishermen at the old ferry landing near the banks of the Mississippi River just outside of St. Francisville at daybreak. West Feliciana Sheriff's Office (WFSO) deputies were the first on the scene and found Sgt. Stuckey with a shotgun wound to his chest next to his patrol vehicle. The WFSO notified LDWF at 7 a.m. "Our hearts go out to the Sgt. Stuckey family and his extended family of fellow agents will be there to help them through this tough time," said Col. Winton Vidrine, head of the LDWF Enforcement Division. According to LDWF dispatch, Sgt. Stuckey's last known communication with the department was at 2:15 a.m. identifying that he was responding to a night hunting complaint. Sgt. Stuckey had been with the LDWF Enforcement Division for 18 years. The cause of his death is currently under investigation. His body was turned over to the West Feliciana Coroners Office

Sorry DSMF's...This burns my ass....

George

R.I.P., Brother. Prayers for his family and coworkers.

I hope the animal who did this is quickly found and dealt with.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hate to see this...

My prayers are with the family...

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
RIP Brother.

Thoughts and prayers to his family, blood and chosen.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
FYI - The original article doesn't mention it but he leaves behind a wife and three kids.

[Linked Image]

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
May have walked up on a drug deal. The road to that old ferry landing is one way in, one way out. Night hunters tend to use boats in the river.

yeah, that's a really spooky place.....WGM's deer lease is just across the river on the east bank.

could have been poachers, or could have been a drug deal off a ship in the river. either way, hope they catch them.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope they resist and the coroner gets them as well.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

yeah, that's a really spooky place.....WGM's deer lease is just across the river on the east bank.

could have been poachers, or could have been a drug deal off a ship in the river. either way, hope they catch them.

Heh. West Feliciana is on the east bank. WGM's lease must be on the west bank? grins.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sad news.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Absolutely terrible, How can anyone do this? I hope the the person is caught and put away for life. Deen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So very sad. Sure hope someone drops a dime on the snake that did it.

Quando Omni Moritati
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Question was raised elsewhere, where the hell was his backup?, where was his dispatch?

5 hours later? I know that CO's are often solo acts but they still check in with dispatch at least in most places I have worked.

Rest in peace....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by big drift
Question was raised elsewhere, where the hell was his backup?, where was his dispatch?

5 hours later? I know that CO's are often solo acts but they still check in with dispatch at least in most places I have worked.

Rest in peace....

Online video news report said due to funding constraints there are only 11 agents to cover the 5 parish area and due to being so sparsely covered (which is way denser coverage than Georgia has) that solo calls are the norm and it is NOT procedure to check in after a call. It would seem at the very least they could change the check in procedure.

NRA Lifer

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wow....up here if they can't reach the trooper dispatch or get a partner they at least check in with the local Sheriff or nearest PD...possibly could have been avoided, damn.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 12 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.