Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Went to sportsmans to see what they had for grips for my Micro. Naturally anything you might possibly want to look at is behind the counter.

Turns out the hardest thing to find in sportsmans is customer service. So while waiting I notice that they had pistol bayonets..WTF really.. googled it and these are them. Has anybody seen anything dumber hanging off a pistol?

http://laserlyte.com/Pistol_Bayonet/PB-1/PB-1.html

Ended up not getting anything, as I got tired of waiting. Will hit the gunsmith tomorrow an see what he has got. I know he does have lotsa customer service so Its a good starting point. grin

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
It would be perfect on a Judge.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can sorta like the idea of a pistol bayonet - but preferably a blade about 3x that size...grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm going to hold off until they incorporate the laser and surefire into the bolster. Shouldn't be long now. crazy grin

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'd like to see the crossbow attachment.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I don't know Mud Bogger---that bayonet does turn a Ruger or Taurus double action auto into a potentially lethal weapon!! laugh

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
rocket launcher would be very nice.

i've been thinkin about maybe a scope mount and a lyman 24x on my glock. but there's a holster problem.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I can sorta like the idea of a pistol bayonet - but preferably a blade about 3x that size...grin
But what's the advantage of affixing it to your handgun? A knife's natural handle is better for handling a knife than a pistol grip is.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
But what's the advantage of affixing it to your handgun? A knife's natural handle is better for handling a knife than a pistol grip is.

You're missing the "point" (sorry). It's an aiming device. You run up to the target, impale it, then start pulling the trigger. Kinda hard to miss something you are attached to.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

You're missing the "point" (sorry). It's an aiming device. You run up to the target, impale it, then start pulling the trigger. Kinda hard to miss something you are attached to.
laugh True.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RufusG
...Kinda hard to miss something you are attached to.

Jeff Cooper once spoke to a group of Dr.s (the speech is on youtube) where he relates a shooting where a young lady shot a perp at muzzle-touching distance while he was tying up her boyfriend. He made the point, "when the muzzle is touching the target, marksmanship becomes secondary." Great quote but probably limited in its use in tactical discussions! smile

Last edited by gmoats; 10/03/11.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Those things aren't even a good joke. And we make fun of the hemmorhoid donut to stick on the barrel.....?????

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would prefer that Smith and Wessons come with a detachable bayonet than the ILS. At least I could leave the bayonet in the box. The ILS is always with you, unless you want to run the "deactivating a safety device" drill.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You can go in and pop that black lock mechanism out, take the aluminum "flag" out and save one other part and replace it with a plug that matches your revolver's finish. That way if you ever decide to sell it you can reinstall the lock. If you want to get one of the plugs, let me know and I'll send you a PM of how to get it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Went to sportsmans to see what they had for grips for my Micro. Naturally anything you might possibly want to look at is behind the counter.

Turns out the hardest thing to find in sportsmans is customer service. So while waiting I notice that they had pistol bayonets..WTF really.. googled it and these are them. Has anybody seen anything dumber hanging off a pistol?

http://laserlyte.com/Pistol_Bayonet/PB-1/PB-1.html

Ended up not getting anything, as I got tired of waiting. Will hit the gunsmith tomorrow an see what he has got. I know he does have lotsa customer service so Its a good starting point. grin

This is for those drive-by bayonet attacks I have read so much about....utterly useless IMHO...but for some strange reason....I want one

James Dunn

[email protected]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More memories from the warehouse...James, do you remember this one?
When we imported S&W Victory Model�s from China, included in the huge bucket of guns were several hand made S&W look-alikes. But the cream of the crop was this one�

It was like someone saw a picture of a S&W K frame, and a Broomhandle Mauser, got the two confused and then set about making the gun. The finished product: Imagine a S&W Victory Model revolver with the grip frame, and hammer from a Broomhandle Mauser. Really strange looking revolver. Unfortunately when we got it, it wasn�t in working condition, and everyone at the warehouse was fighting over who got to buy the gun. It went to a guy who turned out to be a HUGE arse. But it was our �evidence� that gun control will never work.

James � do you remember that gun?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
More memories from the warehouse...James, do you remember this one?
When we imported S&W Victory Model�s from China, included in the huge bucket of guns were several hand made S&W look-alikes. But the cream of the crop was this one�

It was like someone saw a picture of a S&W K frame, and a Broomhandle Mauser, got the two confused and then set about making the gun. The finished product: Imagine a S&W Victory Model revolver with the grip frame, and hammer from a Broomhandle Mauser. Really strange looking revolver. Unfortunately when we got it, it wasn�t in working condition, and everyone at the warehouse was fighting over who got to buy the gun. It went to a guy who turned out to be a HUGE arse. But it was our �evidence� that gun control will never work.

James � do you remember that gun?

Ohhh do I remember that monster...that was the most ugly a gun could ever be......it was uglier than some of my dates

James Dunn

[email protected]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
well now i happen to own a bayonet for my glock, i think it is kind of cute.
I bought it mainly for being in a hunting camp, which always includes a steak dinner. Thought it would be good attached to the glock for cutting up the steak, and i could shoot the steak if it was too rare.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You mean besides the person holding the pistol?

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I want a flamethrower or a semi auto 20 gauge attached to a Glock.

Admit it, it sounds fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (219 Wasp, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 50 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,831
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.