Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It's amazing what these people dig up when you decide to run for president.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...e-n-word/2011/10/02/gIQAjOeVFL_blog.html

For the uninitiated, hunting and fishing camps are like college frat houses, with lots of liquor and bawdy talk, a place where men of all ages and races go and get in touch with their inner caveman. I have been to a couple and, unless I am fairly sure of the people who are going to be there, I turn down the invitations. Quite frankly, the combination of alcohol and weapons scares me. But they are entrenched in the culture of the part of the south I grew up in.

Perry�s camp was apparently called [bleep], and he paraded family and friends through there regularly over the years. The governor rightly says the word has no place in current society and that it should not have been there for all to see. But it�s unclear what, if anything, he did about it.

Here�s what he told the Post.

�When my Dad joined the lease in 1983, he took the first opportunity he had to paint over the offensive word on the rock during the 4th of July holiday,� Perry said in his initial response. �It is my understanding that the rock was eventually turned over to further obscure what was originally written on it.�
Perry said that he was not with his father when he painted over the name but that he �agreed with� the decision.

In response to follow-up questions, Perry gave a more detailed account.

�My mother and father went to the lease and painted the rock in either 1983 or 1984,� Perry wrote. �This occurred after I paid a visit to the property with a friend and saw the rock with the offensive work. After my visit I called my folks and mentioned it to them, and they painted it over during their next visit.�
But in subsequent years, as Perry advanced through the political ranks, visitors to the camp recalled seeing the rock with the offending name on it.

Why is any of this important today?

Perry said the word on the rock is an �offensive name that has no place in the modern world.� It certainly has no place in the sphere of those who would seek to lead the nation. The times when the use of the word [bleep] was rampant in this society can be viewed with rose-colored glasses by many in the Old South who recall a genteel time when there were no problems between the races and blacks stayed in their place.

But often the silence from black people, particularly in the smallest rural hamlets, was because people were afraid for their lives. They knew that the people who called them [bleep] had license to do more.

That�s why our leaders�even those who grew up segregated places�have to disassociate themselves from these vile terms. Gov. Perry needs to assure those he hopes to lead that he has done so.

Quando omni flunkus moritati

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If thats what Perry calls his camp its out of line. Way out of line!

I have had a camp for 47 years and little or no liquor gets consumed there. If someone brings it then its theirs.

The language is decent there. Of course we may tell a joke but the camp is called: The camp.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage_99
If thats what Perry calls his camp its out of line. Way out of line!

I have had a camp for 47 years and little or no liquor gets consumed there. If someone brings it then its theirs.

The language is decent there. Of course we may tell a joke but the camp is called: The camp.

Well people better not look at quad maps of TX then. The word appears a lot and I'm not sure how you refer to something if you don't use the name that is on the map.

I can't count the number of fish I've caught in blind [bleep] cove, just like it's named on the map.

Otto is my co-pilot.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Don, who give a schit what your camp, or his, is called?

And, the fact that a place was called something before, has no bearing on anything now.

I can recall more than a few off-color names for places in Vermont and New Hampshire that still appear on old records.

Perhaps you should crusade against them, you dolt.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Wonder how many folks know what the word means.
Just like [bleep]

IC B2

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Don doesn't, and never has, cared about facts.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[bleep]???

THEY don't have a clue!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
[bleep]???

THEY don't have a clue!!

You still hear that pretty often and it's written in articles often enough people should know.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They had a team penning at Madison Square Garden back in the 'eighties or early 'nineties and a team from Megargel Tx had made the Finals.Now, Megargel is about halfway between Olney and Seymour on Hiway 114 , but this one old boy didn't actually live IN Megargel.He lived East of Megargel and just West of a black man's BBQ joint.

Some young local female TV reporter was interviewing the cowboys and she latched on to this old boy.She had been having trouble pronouncing "Megargel" , but she asked ;

"Are you from Megargel,too?"

"No ma'am , I live between it and [bleep] Ben's!"

And it made it on the air un-censored.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW,we have some rocks that vary in size from throwing size up to small boulders that are black and real hard.They are called "[bleep] rocks" and chances are that's how Perry's camp got it's name.

WE don't actually NAME our camps.We just refer to them by some nearby place name.Perry's camp is probably close to "[bleep] Pens" or [bleep] windmill" or some such.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
[bleep] mt lies just south of Lake Buchanan Tx and when I was a kid I read that on the geo. survey emblem ensconced at the sumitt.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I'm going to be [bleep] in my response. Bob

NRA-Benefactor
TSRA-Life

"It's a terrible thing when governments send their young men to kill each other." Charles Byrne,WW2 Vet.
On the day Desert Storm began.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Poor Dumbass Don must not have been over to Marshfield, VT during his years there...

[bleep] Mountain and [bleep] Pond, both right near that little town.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Poor Dumbass Don must not have been over to Marshfield, VT during his years there...

I've tripped over a more than a few [bleep] when stalking caribou out in the tundra.

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AlaskaFE
Originally Posted by VAnimrod

I've tripped over a more than a few [bleep] when stalking caribou out in the tundra.

Exactly, lot of folks up here refer to certain areas of the tundra as [bleep].

" The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson.

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Open this,....hit "Play". John Ware, Alberta's "Black Cowboy",

Link: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/8138217

...The old boy who inspired this had a mountain in the Alberta front range (overlooking his original spread along the Highwood River) named for him,....." [bleep] John Ridge"

They changed the 1:25 topos in the 80s,....and that somehow wound up changed to "Ware Peak".

To here the old timers talk about their parent's take,.....Old John would have preferred it the way it was to start with.

"P.C." is a disease.

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then there was the Negro in old Point Barrow who said that he was the only white man (meaning not Inuit) north of the Arctic Circle.

Seriously.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wonder if a black person really knows if they get blackheads on there face and necks?
We have [bleep] all over the place up here. Some of them are put on the maps and such. Everyone knows about them but nobody likes them.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
[bleep]???

THEY don't have a clue!!

The word [bleep] has been in the English language, in a variety of spellings, since the fourteenth century (OED, 1374), so I don't think that it came from any reference to Negros.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
� "P.C." is a disease.

Ain't dat de troof!

First thing you know, we'll have to call the absence of light or color "non-Caucasian." "Dark" and "black" will be "racist."

There've already long been those sick minds that allege that everything that's long, narrow, straight, and hard � like icicles, pencils, telephone poles, and such � are by their very nature and existence "phallic symbols." (Why does the phrase "sounding brass and tinkling cymbals come so easily to mind?)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

612 members (1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 57 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,177 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,584
Posts18,511,006
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.