Print Thread
Hop To
temmi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/1...ile-us-plans-withdrawal/?test=latestnews

Well this sounds bad.

Wonder how many of our kids will get caught up in this mess.

After Deadly Attacks in Iraq, Iran Lays Low While U.S. Plans Withdrawal

By Jennifer Griffin & Justin Fishel

Published October 03, 2011

FoxNews.com

Fox News/TF Troy Iram

A failed Improvised Rocket-Assisted Missile attack on a U.S. military outpost in eastern Iraq led an explosives team to this nearby weapons cache in July. Analysis indicates that the 107mm rockets are unique to Iranian design and manufacturing, validating U.S. assertions that the Iranian Regime has been playing an increasingly nefarious role within Iraq�s borders.
U.S. intelligence officials suspect that Iran, after deadly attacks by proxy militia in Iraq, is laying low until U.S. troops leave Iraq at the end of the year.

An Iranian militia on July 12 attempted to fire 41 Iranian-made rockets at a U.S. military post in eastern Iraq near the border with Iran. Seventeen of the 107 mm rockets were confiscated by U.S. and Iraqi forces before they could be launched, but the rest missed the U.S. base known as COS Garry Owen in Maysan province just north of Basra and instead hit the base for the Iraqi 10th Army division, killing several Iraqi women and children.

U.S. defense officials familiar with the incident tell Fox News that in response an angry Prime Minister Nouri Al Maliki issued a communiqu� warning his Iranian counterparts that should such destabilizing operations continue he would be forced to ask U.S. forces to remain in Iraq past December 31, the current deadline for all U.S. forces to leave.

Since then, the number of Iranian proxy attacks by Asaib ahl al-Haq (AAH), or the League of the Righteous, against U.S. forces has dropped significantly. The reduced attacks led U.S. intelligence officials to conclude that Iran�s short term strategy may now be to wait for U.S. troops to leave at the end of the year before trying to reassert itself through the militias which have been trained by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps - Quds Force.

Until the misfire in July the Iranian strategy, according to U.S. military commanders, was to step up the number of attacks on U.S. forces in order to make it look as though U.S. troops were being forced to leave the region. The July incident appears to mark a shift in strategy, according to one senior defense official. The Revolutionary Guard asked the Asaib Ahl al-Haq militia to stand down while Maliki completes a difficult round of negotiations with the U.S. ambassador and State Department, determining how many, if any, U.S. troops will stay past December.

The 107 mm rockets fired at the U.S. base had writing on them that linked them to Iran and color bands on the munitions that also link them to Iraq�s next door neighbor, according to classified weapons manuals shared by Iraqi and U.S. forces.

AAH, the group that fired the rockets, is led by the notorious. Shiite cleric Qais Khazali who founded the group in 2006 after splitting from Muqtada al Sadr at the height of the Iraq civil war, according to the Institute for the Study of War. Khazali led a daring raid on U.S. forces in January 2007 in Karbala using American vehicles, uniforms and identification cards that left 5 U.S. soldiers dead. He and his brother and a Lebanese Hezbollah operative were captured by U.S. troops two months later.

AAH then carried out a coordinated attack on Iraq�s Finance ministry, kidnapping a British consultant. Khazali was released by U.S. forces in 2009 as part of a prisoner swap and attempt by the Maliki government to bring the Shiite militia into the political process.

Recently Khazali was photographed at a conference sponsored by the Iranian government in Iran celebrating the �Islamic Awakening,� Iran�s answer to the Arab Spring. He sat 4 rows behind President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, raising eyebrows among U.S. military officials who have faced dozens of attacks by his Shiite Iraqi militia since his release in 2009.

In June of this year, 9 U.S. soldiers were killed as a result of Iranian rockets. U.S. troops were attacked 6 times this year by militias firing Iranian rockets, twice as many times as the year before. Admiral Mike Mullen before retiring as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs last week warned, �If they [Iran] keep killing our troops that will not be something that we will sit idly by and watch.� Now it seems that Iran�s leadership has made a new calculation that it may be more beneficial to slow the attacks until the government of Iraq finalizes its request for how many U.S. troops it will ask to remain.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/1...ithdrawal/?test=latestnews#ixzz1Zplubt58

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Americans will never stop sending there kids over there. They need the oil and mineral to much. They can always make more babies and soldiers but oil is to precious to not go after. Blood is spilled every day over there for it.
Why they do this is a mystery, but it will never end. How many on the Fire have already sacrificed there kids for oil? Makes me wonder about them to be honest. They are the low of the low, lower than a snakes belly.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We wrote the book on Iran's intervention when we had to watch the muslim radicals walk out of the cemetary at Falugia. I don't recall his name for sure but that cleric Al Sadre guy went directly to Iran and started planning the end of Iraq. We should have taken that guy out. It may not be too late. (think drone) kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by AKbushrat
Americans will never stop sending there kids over there. They need the oil and mineral to much. They can always make more babies and soldiers but oil is to precious to not go after. Blood is spilled every day over there for it.
Why they do this is a mystery, but it will never end. How many on the Fire have already sacrificed there kids for oil? Makes me wonder about them to be honest. They are the low of the low, lower than a snakes belly.
Are you a member of Fred Phelp's Westboro Baptist Church? If not, I bet you're a big fan.

We've had some slimey godforsaken trolls on this site over the years, none have been lower or more ugly in their posts than you. You are now the first member I have ever put on ignore for wretchedly worthless posts. Do us all a favor, leave and don't come back.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Really

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't believe Rick hasn't flushed this loathsome turd a long time ago. He really is beneath contempt.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Plant,....

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fortunately my son came back but I still have son in-laws there. I am sure many here have relatives and friends there also. I think we will lose more if the attacks come to the US. We have enough oil in the US to not worry about overseas oil. But we need to develop it and build refineries.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Daypacker, thank you for your son's and son-in-law's service. I agree with you about our oil supplies and also believe oil had nothing to do with our involvement in the ME. It's a shame that brave families such as your's have to be inflicted by the cold ignorance of some. Pity all the more they may be citizens of this once great country that people like your loved ones are doing their best to hold together.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I can't believe the PMs I'm getting from the whack job discussed.

Creepy, off the wall bullchit.

GTC

IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Well, Glen, I guess you can just view those PM's as enhancements of your turdlike status...
laugh

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Within weeks of American troops leaving, Iran's surrogate in Iraq, Sayyid Muqtada al-Sadr, will be in charge.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 10/05/11.

Sam......

temmi Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DayPacker
Fortunately my son came back but I still have son in-laws there. I am sure many here have relatives and friends there also. I think we will lose more if the attacks come to the US. We have enough oil in the US to not worry about overseas oil. But we need to develop it and build refineries.

Please Thank your son and Son-in-law for me and mine

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I can't believe the PMs I'm getting from the whack job discussed.

Creepy, off the wall bullchit.

GTC
In other words, typical to his posts. Glad I'm not getting them but also realize when you put someone on ignore they can't PM you either. Nice feature.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't use it,....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I put that guy on ignore a few months back. Haven't regretted it, as he certainly has nothing to add to the 'Fire.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Like China and the Soviets sponsored North Vietnam, Iran sponsors the Talaban, Hezbollah, the PLO and every other anti American armed group. Most weapons shooting at our military in Afghanistan and Iraq were made in Iran.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and yet we would rather have thousands of young Americans killed as a result of Iran's involvement, than send a smart bomb down dinner jacket's chimney as a warning.

Sam......

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

58 members (aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6mmbrfan, 6MMWASP, 10 invisible), 1,524 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,555
Posts18,510,427
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.