Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Nice. I did a trip with them in 2008. Cannot imagine a better experience. I need to find the time to do it again.

GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the great story and photos/video.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Absolutely awesome story and pictures. Congrats on 2 fine animals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Awesome post - congrats on a great hunt!!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Fantastic write up and congrats to you and your dad on some great trophies.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Quite possibly the best Report Out w/ Pics, I've read.

Outstanding, Congrats...

caint make cake outta [bleep]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by crittergetter
CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU ON THE ANIMALS TAKEN.Your story and pictures were OUTSTANDING,made me feel like I was on the hunt with you.Skeeter

x2 !

NRA LIFE MEMBER

[email protected]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And topping it off with Pappy, that's a real trip! Enjoyed reading the story, thanks for sharing.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Absolutely fantastic hat!
Nobody can ever call you a fair weather fan wink

Awesome write up and pictures. Those are two really nice animals, congrats on a really cool adventure.

IC B3

G
GRF Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks for sharing. GRF

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by aheider
Awesome trip!! I am a little unsure how your elk meat spoiled during three days of warm weather?

Yes, looks like a great trip. You and your outfitter do have a responsibility to care for game meat. It's tough to hear that a whole elk spoiled; seems like a big waste, especially when that meat should have been hung that day.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Great story of a terrific hunt.

Thanks!

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by trouthunterdj
One of the best trip reports I have seen. Congrats on a wonderful adventure.

ddj

I agree!

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Looks like you had a great hunt - even better that you got to share the experience with your Dad! Thanks for sharing your story and all of the pictures. Well done!

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jryoung
After shooting Isaac, our guide, came to our room with two pack boxes and said “put everything to want to take in here”.

I take it Isaac was able to recover from the gunshot.

Just kidding. Sounds like a great hunt. And to take it with your dad. I'm jealous. Thanks for the report.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm surprised that more people are not upset that the hunter and outfitter FAILED their primary responsibilities to care for the game meat and that a big complete Elk carcass was wasted.

Meat don't spoil in three days when properly handled; especially when nights up there get so much colder. Whole elk wasted but...wait...they had time to preserve the rack and boil the skull...

If they were in Alaska, they'd be fined! And by Canadian laws, there should have been fines too. You are also just adding fuel to the antis and an animal of God, the regal elk, was wasted for only the vanity of his rack.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow. So jealous. Very cool hunt

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brooksrange
I'm surprised that more people are not upset that the hunter and outfitter FAILED their primary responsibilities to care for the game meat and that a big complete Elk carcass was wasted.

Meat don't spoil in three days when properly handled; especially when nights up there get so much colder. Whole elk wasted but...wait...they had time to preserve the rack and boil the skull...

If they were in Alaska, they'd be fined! And by Canadian laws, there should have been fines too. You are also just adding fuel to the antis and an animal of God, the regal elk, was wasted for only the vanity of his rack.

Shut it. I doubt we have the whole story here. Maybe ask some questions before jumping to conclusions. And he said it was hot and showed the thermometer.

Last edited by exbiologist; 10/05/11.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

J
jryoung Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by brooksrange

Lows were in the mid 40s and it was three days in the 80s, nearly 5 days total hang time considering my flight our was at 6pm.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, it was an amazing trip and I'm glad I could share it with you.

Last edited by jryoung; 10/05/11.

Wanted: Vintage Remington or Winchester hats, patches, shirts. PM me if you have something.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,417 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,652
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.