Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Savage is the only one that will use all the BP subs plus smokeless.

All the rest will shoot BP and all the subs. Lots of choices for powder and bullets.

You can't shoot the Savage with smokeless powder during ML season in some states. Like here in Colorado. You can still use the Savage during ML season if you use BP and subs. You can also use a ML during rifle seasons with no restrictions.

btw I am grown up. I'm 68 and have been hunting since I was 8 years old. No 800 yd kills, but i've done ok otherwise.

Last edited by Old_Hunter; 10/05/11.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Welcome to the Campfire Old Hunter!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I'm not going to play your BS games Georgei-Porgei! I'm just going to submit to the likes of your bragging. You have got to be the biggest baddest hunter of all time, in fact dare I say you are even larger then Ted Nugent or that of Jim Shockley. Here, here, the king has spoken and wants to flash his egotistical outcry over the nation! All bow to his Majesty, the Turd!......Grow up!

Anyway, thanks Old Hunter. I was just looking at the T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER 3964. http://www.tcarms.com/firearms/firearmDetails.php?ID=3964 It looks like it's pricy, but it does come with a 50% kick reduction stock, thumbhole, speed breach, fluted,....ect from what I can tell.

The T/C OMEGA 8993 looks good as well, but do I need all the other "stuff"?

And what about the CVA? I'm going to go over to their page and download the catalog.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
All the TC guns will serve you well. I think they're overpriced, but good guns.

The CVA has a bad rep with some guys. They had a problem with weak barrels on an older model. They use Bergara barrels now and don't have a problem anymore. Good straight shooters. The Accura V2 is a good gun with an adjustable trigger.

I've owned a TC Omega, CVA Accura V2, Optima, and some Knights. All good guns. Pick the features and price that suit you.

I've gone to traditional muzzleloaders now. A more limited range, but they suit me better. More of a challenge. More fun for me.

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Rustin
I'm not going to play your BS games Georgei-Porgei! I'm just going to submit to the likes of your bragging. You have got to be the biggest baddest hunter of all time, in fact dare I say you are even larger then Ted Nugent or that of Jim Shockley. Here, here, the king has spoken and wants to flash his egotistical outcry over the nation! All bow to his Majesty, the Turd!......Grow up!

TFF Was you're only way out

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
In the CVA looks like there is the Optima PR2018SM/.50 at only $379.95

or

The CVA Accura-V2 PR3116SM/.50 at a larger $549.95

I don't like the fact that the Durasight rings are not stainless? However the Accura is accuracy guaranteed. But was does "accuracy guaranteed" mean?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I'm gunna start calling you honey cause you sound like my wife!....Always b!tchin!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The Accura and Optima both have Bergara barrels. The Accura barrel has been polished out. It also has the adjustable trigger, but the Optima trigger is still good.

Both of mine were MOA shooters with a scope. I like a light trigger, so I liked the Accura better.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
dvdgeorge<--- I've killed more animals then you can even dream of. I do it every day.I know more about the vitals of animals then most if not all the people here, I'm a USDA Meat Inspector for hell sakes.[/

Your quote still cracks me up. laugh laugh

Nice Elk George!

From your home state of Utah Rustin...

[Linked Image]

Last edited by slg888; 10/05/11.
IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

I'm gunna start calling you honey cause you sound like my wife!....Always b!tchin!

The 800 yd shot is hard to take. You should have known you'd get flak over it. Let it go.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'm sure there are plenty more guys he calls honey,after all he is a meat inspector

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
That is a nice cat I must say!

Anyway I'm starting to feel like a true Utahan, you girls must be my polygamist wives!......LMFAO!!!!!!

Like I said, I really don't care what people believe.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Ok Rustin, Here is my opinion. I've done some extensive research lately on ML's and the CVA Apex is the way I'd go. Seem's everyone that purchased this new ML has raived on the accuracy & quality CVA done with it.

Mike Belmm(custom TC Encore & Omega 'smith) even claims the Apex is the best ML available today.

http://www.bellmtcs.com/store/

Last edited by slg888; 10/05/11.
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Really, thanks!

I wonder if I can put a muzzle break on one?

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Old_Hunter

The CVA has a bad rep with some guys. They had a problem with weak barrels on an older model. They use Bergara barrels now and don't have a problem anymore. Good straight shooters. The Accura V2 is a good gun with an adjustable trigger.

I've owned a TC Omega, CVA Accura V2, Optima, and some Knights. All good guns. Pick the features and price that suit you.

I've gone to traditional muzzleloaders now. A more limited range, but they suit me better. More of a challenge. More fun for me.

OH, Did you find the omega easy to clean, and how did it compare to the CVA Accura in ease of cleaning?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bigblock455
Check out the CVA Optima. They are one hell of a muzzy for a low price and don't need trigger jobs like those $800 TC's!

But they are made in Spain frown

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Old_Hunter

OH, Did you find the omega easy to clean, and how did it compare to the CVA Accura in ease of cleaning?

Compared to a traditional ML. The Omega was easy to clean. Compared to the Accura. The Accura was only slightly easier because the BP could be removed by hand, and seemed to stay cleaner. Both are easy to clean though. I wouldn't use that to determine which gun to buy. The Accura was more accurate than the Omega, but that only applies to the two guns I owned.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2011 - 2012 Muzzleloaders

In general, break-actions are a horrible design for a rifle. Maybe that's the reason break-actions win nothing at Camp Perry or anywhere else? One piece stocks are the defacto standard in rifles, for all the obvious reasons.

But, "good enough" is good enough. The Encore is the most-copied frontstuffer made . . . the Omega has always been a solid choice.

--Randy

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
We are talking about hunting Randy. A kill zone is much more forgiving that a paper target.

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

351 members (16penny, 14idaho, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,991
Posts18,481,094
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.