Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by Swampman700
Originally Posted by slg888
listen to what Hunters/shooters/'Smiths/powder company's ARE saying.

They and you are full of $hit.

Well I guess ol swamp donkey told you... smile

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any luck, from anyone yet, with the 800 yard muzzle-breaked slingshot?

--Randy

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by RandyWakeman
Originally Posted by Old_Hunter
Have you seen, or even heard of one failing?

Yes.

More details.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RandyWakeman
Have you seen, or even heard of one failing?
Yes.

More details.

Give him a little time Old_Hunter, Randy is Googling Bergarra barrels looking for problems. smile

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Holy crap this post has taken a turn....lets get back on task here...
We need a MZ'er that can shoot 400yds with opened sights,looks nice has a great scope for an additional $100ish, loads by itself cause OP can't reload it,pretty camo stock and barrel, oh and let us not forget a screw on muzzle break

He doesn't care about proof testing as long as it meets the above criteria
Must be hundreds that meet his requirements

You my friend are a moron. Shut it for hell sakes. I could care less if this thread has 100+ posts, half of what was said was you belie aching and whining. Maybe had you just put your foot in your mouth the first while of this thread there wouldn't be a 100+ post count, ever think of that?.....Now shut up honey so the men can talk!

I myself have found this thread very entertaining and full of great information. (Thanks to everyone that responded with ideas and information!)

I was talking to an establishment owner today and he had his 50 cal, can't remember the exact name but it started with "White" and had 2 other words behind it. Anyway it looked like the first style inline, the cap was inline however it was open. It has a double type safety where you pull the left side down then flip the main safety on the right and just pull the trigger. It looked like a bolt action that was open all the time and there you saw the cap/primer?

It was a stainless gun and he thought it was a 1.5 twist. Anyway he stated he needed to shoot the bullet out of it because the hunt was over and he didn't see anything big so he didn't shoot. I asked him if I could take the shot, well that's what happened. I know the gun is dead on because I have spotted for him before. Well he has a dot 1X scope and I dialed the red dot in and lined it down on my target. Now I haven't shot in at least 2 years and of course he had to bring a few more guys with us so they could tease me......LOL.....Well I lined it up and pow. First shot with an inline and we were at around 130 yards and a damn bulls eye!

Well the kick was different then I remember and it really didn't hurt the bad arm which I thought is would. Now I'm more convinced then ever, I'm getting one. So with that said, the search is really starting. I need to start really digging into the information you great members have listed. Right now I like the look and functionality of the CVA, however T/C has the name. The thing is I really don't care just as long as it has a good shot, it's accurate, stainless, and functional.

But I am getting confused in all this wind pissin match. I think I need to go back and re-read this stuff over and over. Anyone know what is Jim Shockley using in ML's? Anyway please continue, I'm learning every hour in this thread!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

More details.

http://cvaguncases.com/

You've got a bit of reading to do.

--Randy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice xray!!!!

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing 1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm a big T/C fan. I have three. A flintlock and percussion Renegade and a scoped Omega. I mostly use the Omega to hunt. They are all great rifles. I have had three bad experiences with CVA rifle. I will not buy another one.

800 yards with a .30/30? C'mon now.

"Feel the heart of the hunter. Feel the thrill that will cleanse the soul."
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
same old stuff. Randy knows his scare tactics have run out and even the new guys that come to muzzleloading just laugh at him, especially when they read his kiss butt interviews with savage.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Damn, I just wasted 10 minutes reading RW's link. Article never mentioned Bergara Barrels.

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You guys need to spend more time on that link. Read the cases and look at the pictures of the victims.

I won't be recommending a CVA anymore.

I saw at least one case with a Wolf, and a lot of Pro Hunters. Did the PH have a Bergara?

Those poor guys had their faces blown off.

Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a hunting license and that's pretty close.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by daddywpb
I'm a big T/C fan. I have three. A flintlock and percussion Renegade and a scoped Omega. I mostly use the Omega to hunt. They are all great rifles. I have had three bad experiences with CVA rifle. I will not buy another one.

Documented in the X Files..

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
You guys need to spend more time on that link. Read the cases and look at the pictures of the victims.

I won't be recommending a CVA anymore.

I saw at least one case with a Wolf, and a lot of Pro Hunters. Did the PH have a Bergara?

Those poor guys had their faces blown off.

Looking at what they call a CVA Pro Hunter is not the Encore Pro Hunter. None of the parts looked familiar to me as I am very familiar to the internal parts of a Pro Hunter. They then posted a picture of the gun, an OLD PLUNGER CVA!

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by daddywpb

Are we still on the damn shot? Well that will defiantly be the 1 and the last time I ever mention it again. Good hell I didn't think it was that big of a deal, it was just a good shot.

Anyway, what 3 bad experiences have you had?

Also after reading that and seeing that x-ray, I don't know if I want to buy a CVA now, and they had the look of what I liked!

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good for you. Spanish made muzzleloaders are scarry. Get a T/C Impact at Walmart. They are inexpensive and good.

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rustin
I don't know if I want to buy a CVA now, and they had the look of what I liked!
Take another look Rustin... Balances beautiful,the break action opens/closes smoothly & quietly, 8-40 base holes vs 6-48 on T/C, and the trigger breaks clean unlike the other brands. This Apex is built solid! Hell, even threw a 4x VX-R illuminated Leupold on top.

Next step: shooting range.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by slg888; 10/06/11.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
another take on it

By Dudley McGarity CEO of BPI

no company is immune, savage has had issues . Remington has also had issues
Most recently with the Taurus. I know of a local shooter who also had his go while using factory ammo
Beretta also has had issues and recalls
About the only company that hasn�t is probably TC . But IMO that�s only a mater of time since S&W has taken over

Old_Hunter, this is the first time you have saw that Xray ?

do you remember the one showing the breech from a Douglas barrel in a persons skull.
that one went around the muzzle loading communities before the internet and as I recall was part of the extruded vs. drawn barrel issue .
Then there was the barrel with a blow plug from a certain US barrel maker that started the whole aftermarket barrels not coming breeched from alot of companies

Last edited by captchee; 10/06/11.

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I wasn't talking about the x-ray. There are a bunch of pictures of the guys that had to guns blown up in their faces.

It's not much of a concern for me. I'll never shoot another inline. If I was. It wouldn't be a CVA. My face is beat up enough. smile

I'm happy with my Lyman GPR, and will be shooting that from now on.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
old hunter, just scare tactics of the old recalled plunger guns.

Only a fool would believe in anything wakeman and his ambulance chasing lawyer friend would write up. My take is that wakeman has his hand in the lawyers pocket and IF they ever win a case, he'll get a cut. He advertises for the lawyer.

GPR is a lot of fun! I want another one too.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No the current models are subject to exactly the same issues. How much do the spainards pay you to cover their tracks?

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

672 members (12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 71 invisible), 2,784 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,979
Posts18,480,890
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.