Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
HAd a few hours to spare so I headed for the rimrocks. Hadnt had time to get in there since summer. I dont see hardly any tracks/crap/ or beds on the hike in.

Set up and glass for a bit but it yields nothing.
[Linked Image]

This summer I noticed a pot grow across the canyon. It was quite a bit bigger than it is now. Its in the upper most meadow
[Linked Image]

Put glass on it and the grow isnt quite as big but now they got lil greenhouses on the plants.
[Linked Image]

Time to head back to the truck. I had noticed a lil hidey hole below me when glassing. Pretty much a spot not much bigger than a couple deer. some grass an a lil tree. and a trail goin into it. Surrounded on 3 sides by cliffs. The front is quite a ways up off the ground as well. way cool spot. Poked around a bit and found this faint lil trail. Its the only way in. I chickend out I dont need to walk on that 75' above the ground! deer got ballsgrin
[Linked Image]

then I hunted my way out to the truck. End result is very little recent sign and almost no remotely fresh sign. Did find that people are still rolling rocks though... Next time I'll jump in the canyon and bust brush an see what I get. Worst case scenario I'll bail and hit another lil hole that I have been wanting to hunt for a while.

damn pics are sideways. Cant seem to rotate them either. sorry guys

Last edited by mud_bogger; 10/05/11.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always liked that canyon. Almost every year I hunt the USFS land that borders the hippy commune growing the weed. They get pissed driving their little subaru's when they see us dragging dead stuff out to the road. Good stuff, I wish I was there instead of over here again.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why dont you turn them in? Why risk a confrontation?

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are the pot growers there hippy types or are they more like backwoods Appalachian pot farmers?

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Berettaman
Why dont you turn them in? Why risk a confrontation?
Yeah for real, I'd report it.

IC B2

M
M
"Are the pot growers there hippy types or are they more like backwoods Appalachian pot farmers?"

Or Mexican illegals affiliated with the drug cartels? The odds are pretty good.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
or sneak in and pinch a few pounds of buds??? smile

My diploma is a DD214
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
One thing to remember is that oregon has the "medical marijuana card" Get that an you can grow "x" number of plants. Get a caretaker card I believe its called and you can grow for multiple card holders. Kinda hard to distinguish whos gotta card an who dont. If it even realy matters.

I mentioned it earlier to a sheriff we were doin some work for. He claimed to know about it.

Hey rogue. You ever run into the hippy collony thats supposedly a lil ways upstream of those swimming holes and then up the canyon some? Have heard about it from a couply people who "would fit in there". Been half tempted to hike in an check it out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Around here, they hide their grows much better than that. And they don't outfit the plants in reflective overcoats.

Campfire Pistolero x2

Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else. -Ambassador Delenn, Babylon 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by macrabbit
Around here, they hide their grows much better than that. And they don't outfit the plants in reflective overcoats.

I was going to say the same thing...but then I remembered a few years ago they closed up an operation on a WMA while I was in TX that you could see from the bridge on the interstate that cut the WMA in half.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Madnik
"Are the pot growers there hippy types or are they more like backwoods Appalachian pot farmers?"

Or Mexican illegals affiliated with the drug cartels? The odds are pretty good.
S

Jeppers..... All the above.

It is absolutely illigal to sell weed. But make no mistake they all sell. Growers can receive tips to reemburse expenses in Oregon and Oregon plated cars get nailed haulling weed all over the country.

Six mature and eighteen immature plants per card holder. Growers that know how to grow will get 8-12 pounds of processed bud per plant grown over the summer. Less on their indoor grow plants. Four cards per grower with no limit on number of growers per property. You can have two pounds at a time of processed bud per card holder. The price here is rock bottom. For those willing to risk shipping back east there is big money in grown in the open high end bud.

The cartel growers will have pods of 1-10k plants. Usually 2500-5000 plants for 2-4 growers. These guys are armed and shoot it out with the police all the time. Run in with hunters are common. The furtilizer damage to streams and trash and filth back in remote areas is devistating, blm and usfs don't have the money to clean up the sites.

I have many growers on my block. I run a lot and can take you right to dozons of grows I run by every day. The police can do compliance checks but unless they catch the growers selling (which they all do) they can't do sheite.

Non Oregonians can't comprehend how bad it really is. Makes the libertarian arguements on legalization start to make sense.

Last edited by Rogue; 10/07/11.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mud_bogger

Hey rogue. You ever run into the hippy collony thats supposedly a lil ways upstream of those swimming holes and then up the canyon some? Have heard about it from a couply people who "would fit in there". Been half tempted to hike in an check it out.

This buck was killed up above the commune. My son and couple cousins packing out a meat buck. A few years back an Uncle killed an absolute wall hanger just above them.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
wow... and I thought south texas had an interesting drug trade environment!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
South Texas is definately more violent. You win no question about it. But the same cartels are up here growing. That way they don't have to transport product nearly as far. La Familia is the major player growing in Southern Oregon.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Yea its interesting. I know when I lived in white city I could see 5 grows on the way to work. And if the windows were down and it was early enough I could catch the smell of a couple more while driving by.

And your right. THey do sell. 2 pounds of product is alot of schit for one person to "medicate" with all by themselves.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I commonly run into grow sites while working....they're very well manicured and while mostly out of public view, they're in plain sight if you have to use their driveway.

A couple of LEO friends both told me the same thing.
There's almost nothing they can do about them due to the cards and caregiver laws. Hence their boldness.
Both said they wished the Gov would just legalize it and tax the hell out of it...

Me? I just stay out of it.
Rule of the day is "I see nothing", because I may have to be back there again in the near future.

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If they legalize then over tax it will stay underground. Though I'm sure the IRS will be all over them for Tax evasion. It's interesting, I've "heard" stories of back yard grows some how dying as if round-up or something was sprayed on them by someone else.

Wierd..... Wonder how that could happen.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
These Aholes grow around a hundered plants on three different tiers. I've been up bird hunting with son and nephew watching these three fat, shirtless hippies sitting cross legged in the garden burning away.

Each summer outdoor grow plant will be around 10 ft across and 10-12 feet tall. The single stock will be 5-8 inches across. They'll get 8-12 pounds of processed bud per plant.

Grows everywhere. They're allowed 2 pounds of processed at a time. Two new pounds delivered however times a day as they can move it.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
cool pics

If you cant hang'em on the wall
Hang'em between your teeth!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keep waiting for someone to claim it's all about saving little old ladies???

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,909 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,736
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.