Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
If he's set on using the pop-up tell him to put it in the trailer....

LOL!! I was gonna say that this morning! grin

My boy has a hunting tent too, I personally can't hunt in one of those things.

I'lll find natural cover with an uprooted tree and/or make a blind with dead logs, sticks moss/bark etc.

Something clever here.

GB1

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Im with Berettaman.... maybe the blind wasn't the only 'tent' being pitched..... whistle

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Oh Lord that's worse. He's not out of school yet and to think my grand baby was conceived in a Primos ground blind, would be more than I could phargin' take.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
At least it wasn't a Bone Collector ground blind..... grin

The view one sees is his own
Practitioner of the ancient art of skank fu
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
When I disagree with my aged father (80+) I remind him that
"you taught me to think for myself,not just follow along"
followed by
"yes sonny, but how could you reach a different conclusion than the old man?"
I have to remind myself with my 20+yr old sons too...

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prolly has a butt out tool also........ wink

Last edited by PAMac; 10/06/11. Reason: Inserted a jokingly wink

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You said he was with girlfriend. I am thinking listening to Dad and using old equipment sitting out as a blind does not impress girl as much as fancy new equipment and making manly decisions on your own. Not really thinking things through with that distraction at hand.

Self-punishment administered. Girl impressed, but not in the right direction. Remind him later that IQ decreases as one gets closer to attractive women.

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by selmer
Let's see...4 years into his genius phase...he must be 19, maybe 20? Don't worry, you will get a LOT smarter once he's done at LSU. I'm 32, I still remember my "genius" phase. My parents got pretty darned smart when I turned about 22...

I too am 32 and remember my genius phase. Now when I go hunting I find myself doing it just like my dad and uncles did. Slow and steady wins the race but it took me a long time to let up on the throttle a little

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
One of my favorite Mark Twain quotes - "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
blush

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
whistle

Just figured with all that store bought gadgetry stuff a butt out tool would be a nice accessory..... Reminds me of me with the seasons hottest new stuff out..... Personal failures humble ones self pride..... That is when you realize your old man wasn't such a noodle head.....

Last year my son was at the same stage wouldn't sit in the old rusty 5 ton dump truck. I gave him the choice of that or the double stand in the woods. He chose the stand... I sat in the truck for about 15 mins. and had a doe lying dead.... he thought I was messing with him when I shot, until he got back....

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sorry PAMac, I should get one and use it on meeself. LOL

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by PAMac
Prolly has a butt out tool also........ wink

If he has his butt out in that blind, Moses is likely to be a grampa soon. blush

On a serious note, my son hit that stage early- about 14-21. sometime about 21 he started figuring out that I knew more than he had thought. Once when he was buying a 1911 a fellow at work asked him what his dad thought of his buying an expensive handgun. Micah responded that not only was I cool with it, I had found him a Springfield Longslide 1911 for less than the price of a plain jane model.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No problem, I was actually thinking of using one to hunt one'ah them Russian boars with on that campfire Tennessee hunt I'm going on.

Going to see if I can snare one to drag back to the lodge to keep things lively amongst the passed out folks.... wink

You live close, are you going???

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't feel bad, my kid would rather fish than hunt, I am so ashamed of myself and my inability to put him on the right path.

And, to make it worse, if I mention it he points to the fact that he has both a mule deer and a blacktail deer bigger than any I have taken.

Maybe if I took up church going.........

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 54 invisible), 2,272 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,619
Posts18,511,903
Members74,008
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.