-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mr. Attorney General, you have made numerous statements about Fast and Furious that have eventually been proven to be untrue. Your lack of trustworthiness while speaking about Fast and Furious has called into question your overall credibility as Attorney General. The time for deflecting blame and obstructing our investigation is over. The time has come for you to come clean to the American public about what you knew about Fast and Furious, when you knew it, and who is going to be held accountable for failing to shut down a program that has already had deadly consequences, and will likely cause more casualties for years to come.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Redneck
I wonder who that 'three-judge-panel' will be? Best guess - liberal judges appointed by dems..

I'd trust the Hell's angels before I'd trust this gov't...

Three judge panel would be appointed by Chief Justice John Roberts, one of our guys. Not something Holder is willing to risk, in my opinion.

A better question might be what will happen when a call for a special prosecutor is made to Holder, and he refuses to ask for one?

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Slowwwwly making them sweat, making them sweat the AfroSheen off there skin, so the schitt will stick when it starts getting flinged. I love this stuff to death. I want to see them all put in prison. Should have been put in prisons when they were little but they got away with breaking the laws so much they are thinking they are above it.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Thanks for staying on top of this and keeping us informed Calhoun.

Big +1
And some hold the right and the left are 'lo meismo'

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Indict his sorry ass, appoint a special prosecutor, and let's get it on!
Would be nice, but isn't any SP a crony of the Justice Dept??

To the best of my limited knowledge, the Attorney General requests a special prosecutor but doesn't appoint one himself. That's done by a 3 judge panel created by chief justice of the Supreme Court. So.. not under control of the AG.

Anyone else smelling a Presidential pardon on the way out the door?

I can smell that - even when thousands of miles upwind..

This needs to keep going to the end - and hopefully right up to the Liar In Chief's neck.. Then, wait till AFTER he's ousted from office and THEN go after 'em all, criminally.. No pardons then - and a nice, even, 50-to-life term for each would be appropriate..

Chance of this actually making it through trial by the time of Obama leaving office in 2013 are slim to none, I would think. And can't pardon somebody until after they are convicted, I don't think?

Ford pardoned Nixon for any crimes that he might have committed as POTUS, pre-empting any future prosecution. Look for it to happen here, as well.

ego operor non tutela
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Holder knows exactly how much a Presidential pardon costs.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I am sure eric has earned one.

Sam......

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
The problem is that, I don't believe that a President can pardon himself for criminal actions while in office.

So, Hussein's ass would still be hanging out to dry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I keep hoping that Issa's trump card will be a series of e-mails, letters, or other evidence that traces back to Obama and the other vermin that infest 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

This could be the National Lawn Jockey's Watergate.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What ought to happen and what's almost surely gonna happen with regard to criminal charges are as different as ..............

[Make up your own ANALOGY,Sean.]gringrin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If I was holder then I would think hard about that. He has been ordered to stick his neck out for the POTUS. I would make it clear that if I'm left out on my own then I'm going to talk.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
If I was holder then I would think hard about that. He has been ordered to stick his neck out for the POTUS. I would make it clear that if I'm left out on my own then I'm going to talk.

They would Ron Brown him first.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Oh My! That is a beautiful beat down, right there! smile

Holder is going feet first into the wood chipper. It seems very unlikely he survives this. It's like Watergate +P..

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
What ought to happen and what's almost surely gonna happen with regard to criminal charges are as different as �

I'll be mollified, if not completely satisfied, if the only result is a bunch of tin cans tied to the tails of beaucoup replaced libiots (incumbents and staffs), from the Hill to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

And the sooner the doin' gets goin', the better. Complete scrubbing and scouring are going to take a while, through several stages.

Some of those stages may be kinda like getting a leg amputated, but dying from gangrene is presumably worse.

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I wonder who that 'three-judge-panel' will be? Best guess - liberal judges appointed by dems..

I'd trust the Hell's angels before I'd trust this gov't...

Three judge panel would be appointed by Chief Justice John Roberts, one of our guys. Not something Holder is willing to risk, in my opinion.

A better question might be what will happen when a call for a special prosecutor is made to Holder, and he refuses to ask for one?

Thanks for pointing that out,and Thanks for putting the OP up, C.

We're watching history in the making,...The letter above sure to be part of any "Thumbnail Sketch" for YEARS to come.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
This dwarfs Watergate and Iran-Contra to a degree that is nearly in comprehensible.

And, yet, it's receiving only passing attention nationally.

Hell, the baseball/steroids investigation got more press and airtime.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That is why I want Bam Bam out of office before this all pops, then no pardons!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Indict his sorry ass, appoint a special prosecutor, and let's get it on!

Would be nice, but isn't any SP a crony of the Justice Dept? �

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_prosecutor

"Good enough" isn't.

Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I think I was wrong on the three judge panel, I think that law expired in 1999 (?).

So, what I find now is that Holder would appoint one himself. But there also seem to be something in place where Congress can appoint one if he refuses? Confusing as heck trying to look this up.

� 600.1 Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel.

The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and�

(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and

(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.
� 600.2 Alternatives available to the Attorney General.

When matters are brought to the attention of the Attorney General that might warrant consideration of appointment of a Special Counsel, the Attorney General may:

(a) Appoint a Special Counsel;

(b) Direct that an initial investigation, consisting of such factual inquiry or legal research as the Attorney General deems appropriate, be conducted in order to better inform the decision; or

(c) Conclude that under the circumstances of the matter, the public interest would not be served by removing the investigation from the normal processes of the Department, and that the appropriate component of the Department should handle the matter. If the Attorney General reaches this conclusion, he or she may direct that appropriate steps be taken to mitigate any conflicts of interest, such as recusal of particular officials.

But if he refuses to, or if Congress so desire, it appears they can appoint one themselves.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yes, thats why this thing needs to be dragged out beyond the election. Nothing like a good scandal on the campaign trail anyway.....

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (Boarmaster123, 7mm_Loco, BlackHunter, blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, 7 invisible), 1,504 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,557
Posts18,510,442
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.