Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

Iranian secret service decides that it's time for the Saudi ambassador to the US to die.

Somebody highly placed says, "I know. I'll get my cousin, the failed car salesman, to arrange everything. He lives in America. No one will suspect him because he can't do anything right. He's an idiot.

"I'll send him down to Mexico with some cash. He can cruise a few bars and ask around. There's lots of drug cartel killers down there who will do this for peanuts. They're animals. Nothing is too crazy for them.

"Saudi ambassador goes shopping ... BAM! Die, you Sunni scumbag!

"Anyway, what could go wrong?"

Okay. I know some of you LEOs have seen scenarios like this before. Usually, it's a middle aged woman. She walks into a bar. Approaches the first biker she sees and says; "I'll give you $5,000 to kill my husband." And of course, he's an undercover cop. It never fails.

And that's exactly what happened here.

So, what the hell is going on? Does this plot even make the minumum amount of sense?

On a scale of 1-10 for shrewdness and operational security, I'd give this whole thing a minus-5.

It smells. Of what, I'm not sure. But something's not halal. It's just way, way too stupid.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smacks of desperation, on the part of Obama and Holder. Hey, is that a tail wagging a dog?

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the whole plot sounds a little hinky...but lots of plots do, when you field dress them out in the sun.

sounds like they put a premium on deniability, at the expense of operational competence. wouldn't be the first time an intel service made that mistake.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Makes about as much sense as...
"Let's get a bunch of foreign national Muslims to take flying lessons (don't worry about the landing part) in the United States and hijack commercial jetliners using box openers and then crash them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!"
I'd give it a 7.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
yeah, it is a bit odoriferous, but it does give one pause.

The striking aspect, at least for me, was that the plot was known for a month, maybe more, yet the release to the public was timed to take heat off Eric Holder, just as Issa's subpoenas are getting ready to hit the fan.

If you watched the news conference yesterday, you noticed that holder did allow one tame media person to ask about F&F. He responded that he had already complied with every Congressional request, and that the subpoenas were not going to interfere with his IMPORTANT job of making sure America was secure from terrorists. Amazing chutzpah.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Rates one raised eyebrow for political timing and low-believability on the face of it.

We just had/have nationwide anti-capitalism kook parties transparently orchestrated by Zero; how can one not be skeptical?

Last edited by sandcritter; 10/12/11.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It smells of smoke and mirrors and distraction from the obvious failings of our government in "Fast and Furious".

But Joe Citizen will buy this hook, line, and sinker. Because they have the attention span of a gnat.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T

You're talking about Al Qaeda, at that time, a loose collection of homicidal nutjobs, who succeeded because we weren't paying attention.

And on the other hand, a professional, national secret service agency, backed by decades of operational experience and extensive resources.

I'm not seeing a useful comparison there.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The striking aspect, at least for me, was that the plot was known for a month, maybe more, yet the release to the public was timed to take heat off Eric Holder, just as Issa's subpoenas are getting ready to hit the fan.
======================

It also came out when it did because Interpol was releasing a terrorist alert in light of this issue.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Makes about as much sense as...
"Let's get a bunch of foreign national Muslims to take flying lessons (don't worry about the landing part) in the United States and hijack commercial jetliners using box openers and then crash them into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!"
I'd give it a 7.

===================

Agreed. You couldn't make this plot up. Plus,the money was wired in Septemeber and Interpol was releasing a terrorist watch and alert which compelled some movement and disclosure from our side. Fox had several House Intelligence folks speak of the plot's validity and the confession was very detailed,apparently,as were the financial wirings which occurred consistently within the paramaters reached between the government agent and one of the two suspects.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
how did the Iranian fellow they arrested find the one drug informant in all of Mexico that works for Eric Holder? Talk about a coincidence! Its a complete fabrication, a partial truth, it fits hand in glove with all the other shady dealings that this administration is involved in. Next the President of Mexico will arrest someone and treat him "real gentle" for a few days etc. etc.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I dunno -- shoe bomber, u-wear bomber, and on and on, all not too bright, but pliable enough to try desperate acts (in exchange for paradise). From my perspective, God's intervention means everything to what gets to happen. Folks sweat bullets about the A-bomb and world annihilation when I was a kid, and I never lost sleep over it. When God gets fed up with our sin is what I'd really stress over...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
i dont believe Iran would bother with the mexican drug cartel to get an assassination job done.
im sure they already have operatives in the states

=========================================================
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The case is being made for future bombings in Iran - either directly - or by proxy.

We must all believe - we must, we must. wink

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

The striking aspect, at least for me, was that the plot was known for a month, maybe more,

The Fox News article you linked in the other thread said this:

Last spring, Arbabsiar met a number of times with a DEA source in Mexico posing as a member of a sophisticated international drug-trafficking cartel, the complaint alleges. It was during these meetings that Arbabsiar allegedly offered the agent money to assassinate Adel al-Jubeir, the ambassador. Arbabsiar allegedly wired $100,000 into a U.S. bank account in August as a down payment for the hit.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/11/iranians-charged-over-terror-plot-in-us/#ixzz1aalUXoBX

OTOH, it's best to let these things run a while to see who else is involved, until the point where you have to start worrying about detection, loss of suspects, or implementation of the plan. So, the timing is not conclusive to me.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BCBrian
The case is being made for future bombings in Iran - either directly - or by proxy.

Personally I would have taken the first disparaging comment from Imadinnerjacket to launch the strikes. Ever hear of the War Of Jenkins Ear?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BCBrian

don't worry, Brian....I doubt the Iranians are worried about Canada, so you're probably safe. The Saudis....not so much.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
The World's thirst for oil is unquenchable. We must side with the Muzzies and Communists on the issue of Iran. The Iranians are alone in there quest to rule the Middle East.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Iranian secret service decides that it's time for the Saudi ambassador to the US to die.

Somebody highly placed says, "I know. I'll get my cousin, the failed car salesman, to arrange everything. He lives in America. No one will suspect him because he can't do anything right. He's an idiot.

"I'll send him down to Mexico with some cash. He can cruise a few bars and ask around. There's lots of drug cartel killers down there who will do this for peanuts. They're animals. Nothing is too crazy for them.

"Saudi ambassador goes shopping ... BAM! Die, you Sunni scumbag!

"Anyway, what could go wrong?"

Okay. I know some of you LEOs have seen scenarios like this before. Usually, it's a middle aged woman. She walks into a bar. Approaches the first biker she sees and says; "I'll give you $5,000 to kill my husband." And of course, he's an undercover cop. It never fails.

And that's exactly what happened here.

So, what the hell is going on? Does this plot even make the minumum amount of sense?

On a scale of 1-10 for shrewdness and operational security, I'd give this whole thing a minus-5.

It smells. Of what, I'm not sure. But something's not halal. It's just way, way too stupid.

Well, first I want to commend you on your version of the plot�probably better journalism than we�re going to get out of the MSM.

But seriously; this doesn�t add up at all. What does Iran have to gain from this? They have nothing to gain, and a lot to lose. I�m going to need a whole lot more convincing.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iran likes to stir the pot. What do they get out of a destabilized Lebanon? Has does funding Hamas help their standing in the world?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (1Longbow, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,591
Posts18,511,213
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.