-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now there is you,LSU, and Gus,all of the same mindset.You ignore ANY explanations,even after you demand them.You don't know much about Texas Government -except Gus,and he ignores it when it doesn't suit whatever point he is trying to make- and you sure as hell know nothing about the Texas/Mexico border,or you wouldn't keep repeating your silly "build a fence" mantra,and it's for DAMN sure that gun rights are unimportant to you.Isaac posted this a few posts back:

"On a Sunday in June 2001, the first-year governor of Texas signed legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to attend Texas colleges and universities at in-state tuition rates instead of paying international fees. Supporters of the legislation called it the Texas Dream Act."

Do you REALLY think that Perry is a good enough politician to ram this piece of legislation thru BOTH houses of the Texas Congress in less than six months? The FACT is that the bill had passed with over 95% support in the legislature.

Even if he had been against it,a veto would have been over-ridden the next day.

This info was there for the reading before any of you three posted your latest "immigration" B.S.

You,Gus,and LSU.Quite the brain trust.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"This is really emotional for you isn't it?
What do my LEO's do? "Hold for immigration". Prior to that, they don't get subsidized tuition that we don't give LEGAL citizens/residents of other U.S. states."

Nope.You can just say that I don't suffer fools gladly.

They are gonna be holding them a long time since ICE quit deporting them some time back.If they haven't committed a state crime , what's the charge against them?

Have y'all figured out something that us folks in the border states don't know?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
well if you're campaigning for Perry, he should fire yer azz, frankly you suck at it.

show me where I ever said build a fence?

and gun rights "are DAMN sure unimportant to me"? lol

I don't know which you're more full of, chit or hot air?

lots of good ole boys in Texas, and lots that leave me unimpressed.

still trying to decide on your gov. but my mind is pretty well made up on you

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Like counting, and paying attention to the numbers?

Like understanding that 'illegal' means against the law and ought not be rewarded?

Like "good fences make good neighbors", and fencing problems out actually works?

Like those things, right?

Glad I didn't get my educattion in Texas, where I'd be years into Social Security and still not know them.

YMMV, of course, as if only obviously.

Originally Posted by curdog4570
You really don't know a damn thing but think that is no impediment to running your mouth.Which is the main reason you will not learn a damn thing.

What really counts,Sean, is what you learn after you know it all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well,you are right about you not mentioning the fence.I was wrong to direct that comment at you.Actually,I had VAnimrod in mind ,but that's no excuse.

I ain't campaigning for Perry.I started out saying this:

He is the most pro 2A candidate we have EVER had.

He has never lost an election.

Everything else I have posted about him is disputing unfair criticism and outright lies lifted from left wing websites in some instances.

I still think that disregarding a candidate's pro-gun stance because you [editorial you] disagree with what is undoubtedly a State's Rights issue or what someone painted on a rock, would mark a person as one who has 2A rights waaay down on their priority list.

I know Romney's a snake as far as guns.If all Cain has to offer is "I've got six guns and wish I had more", it tells me he doesn't consider 2A rights very important.All we have to go on is what he tells us , since unlike Romney and Perry , he has no record to examine.And he hasn't told us much.

Your opinion of me is not so important that I'd lift a finger to change it.I'm sure you feel the same about my opinion of you.

But,as I said, I put you in a company you don't deserve to be in ,and I apologize for that.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Like "good fences make good neighbors", and fencing problems out actually works?"

Unless you figure out a way to build hundreds of miles of fence DOWN THE MIDDLE OF A RIVER , you would have to take land from hundreds of citizens of Texas,build your fence on their land , and give Mexico the land on the other side and ALL the Rio Grande.

You have not a clue about the Tex-Mex border.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
curdog, thank you, I'm stuck with I judged you too fast.

you're impassioned about your governor and candidate, I should get that, I had a belly full of the Palin slammers in the last election, so I should have a better understanding of where you're coming from in your defense of Perry.

this next election is very important to every red blooded American.

I want to like Cain, because he's not a politician and frankly I've had it up to here with pro politicians, hell they're the ones that got us in this mess. I know I didn't vote to spend more money than we take in every year and I doubt you did either

mighty decent of you to correct your mistake, hope you'll allow me the same and say my mind ain't made up on a couple of Texans I've become somewhat familiar with of late.

best to ya, and for god's sake the best to our country, those politicians have put us in damned tight spot.

anyone that thinks it's gonna be easy to fix this mess is delusional.

I'm surprised they can find anyone to run for the job!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oh and can't say I'm for a fence, I trust you local boys to have a better handle on that, but I am for saying the Rio Grande is the border, we can share the water, but you know what, we're overrun with your poor, your tired and your criminals, we know it's harsh, but you step over that border and it's open season.

harsh I know, but we've reached a point we can't take care of our own, thanks to gov't overspending, we surely can't afford to take care of another country's problems.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Yep, Texass is the only place with a border. Right...

And, rewarding illegal activity is a great way to stop it. Right...

Not having a plan for the economy, debt, or taxes is a wonderful way to fix it. Right...

Yep, I'm getting more of a clue all along.

God bless Texass, because He obviously needs to...

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Gov. Good-Hair has never lost an election. Yippee... And, he's solid on the 2A (now, not so much when he was hyping Al Gore; political wind shifted, obviously). Cool.

He essentially sucks on every other issue; trade, taxes, economy, immigration, foreign policy....

But, he traded in that (D) for an (R), and he kilt a coyote while joggin'.... And, the Mexicans love him... And, of course, he's from Texass....

Yep, that looks like plenty to support right there. Who needs all those other facts, anyway?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"anyone that thinks it's gonna be easy to fix this mess is delusional."

I agree with EVERYTHING you said,but especially what I just quoted.

Goodnight.

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Had this thunk this morning.

Like any of us matter...really. It's funny that we think that we (you, me, us) actualy matter in this. We don't.

The GOP establishment and the MSM have Romney annointed, and that's who we'll get. It's easy to see; he's coddled, he's obviously coached, and he's been "chosen" for us this time.

We might not like it, but we don't matter.

So, I can like Cain over Perry, and either considerably over Romney. And, you might reverse the first two, and still take either over Romney...but it just don't matter, because we don't.

We'll get, who they've chosen. Simple as that.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Even as the OP I haven�t read all the posts on this topic, but I get it that many conservatives really-really-really like Cain�s 9-9-9 plan.

Some dispute just what 9-9-9 means to various income groups, but there�s little doubt that it shifts the tax burden down the income scale. While many conservatives like the simpleness and fairness of a one-size-fits-all tax plan, the problem is that in a Cain vs Obama contest, the number of people that get a tax increase is far greater than the number of people that get a tax decrease. Even right of center voters who would like to see Obama replaced are not going to vote for a tax increase on themselves to satisfy the far right�s sense of fairness.

You may not agree that Cain�s plan shifts the tax burden down the income scale, but that�s what the MSM is telling the public. Here�s just a sample.

Herman Cain�s 999 plan: a misleading pitch This article has lots of links to substantiating information and more details such as the one-time 9 percent tax on existing wealth.

Cain's 9-9-9 plan: A solution or a slogan? Cain�s plan to keep 9-9-9 from becoming 12-12-12 is likely unconstitutional.

ANALYSIS: Cain�s �999′ Pl...hile Increasing Taxes For Most Americans �So Cain�s plan � which has earned accolades from the likes of supply-side guru Art Laffer � would explode the deficit, while increasing taxes on the poor to pay for a giant tax cut for the rich.�

In a Cain vs Obama election the MSM would hammer the negative messages about Cain�s 9-9-9 plan home incessantly. Come election day I fear Obama would easily win his second term. You may not like Romney, but he�s the one Republican in the race who would trounce Obama. That means the end of Obamacare, the end of the regulation war on business, the opening of domestic drilling, and going after the cheating countries who have stolen millions of American jobs. I can live with that, can you live with another 4 years of Obama? If the answer is no then quite pissing on Romney.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This info was there for the reading before any of you three posted your latest "immigration" B.S.

Let me get this straight, so because a veto would have over ridden it, the proper thing to do was bow down to the legislative branch? Ok.... THAT is DEFINITELY the kind of thing we need in a president!
And your last little comment, is assuredly the best way to sway other to your POV. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
If I didn't know better, I'd think the reports out yesterday of Cain topping most every poll now (including head to head with Romney) and Perry falling faster than any other candidate so far that he's now below Newt, just has you mad. Don't blame Cain supporters, blame YOUR candidates undesirables.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Had this thunk this morning.

Like any of us matter...really. It's funny that we think that we (you, me, us) actualy matter in this. We don't.

The GOP establishment and the MSM have Romney annointed, and that's who we'll get. It's easy to see; he's coddled, he's obviously coached, and he's been "chosen" for us this time.

We might not like it, but we don't matter.

So, I can like Cain over Perry, and either considerably over Romney. And, you might reverse the first two, and still take either over Romney...but it just don't matter, because we don't.

We'll get, who they've chosen. Simple as that.
Please delete your post. This is primary (aka dillusion) time! You'd probably pop a kid's baloon in the park wouldn't you?

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gath_Sten
Even as the OP I haven�t read all the posts on this topic, but I get it that many conservatives really-really-really like Cain�s 9-9-9 plan.

Some dispute just what 9-9-9 means to various income groups, but there�s little doubt that it shifts the tax burden down the income scale. While many conservatives like the simpleness and fairness of a one-size-fits-all tax plan, the problem is that in a Cain vs Obama contest, the number of people that get a tax increase is far greater than the number of people that get a tax decrease. Even right of center voters who would like to see Obama replaced are not going to vote for a tax increase on themselves to satisfy the far right�s sense of fairness.

You may not agree that Cain�s plan shifts the tax burden down the income scale, but that�s what the MSM is telling the public. Here�s just a sample.

Herman Cain�s 999 plan: a misleading pitch This article has lots of links to substantiating information and more details such as the one-time 9 percent tax on existing wealth.

Cain's 9-9-9 plan: A solution or a slogan? Cain�s plan to keep 9-9-9 from becoming 12-12-12 is likely unconstitutional.

ANALYSIS: Cain�s �999′ Pl...hile Increasing Taxes For Most Americans �So Cain�s plan � which has earned accolades from the likes of supply-side guru Art Laffer � would explode the deficit, while increasing taxes on the poor to pay for a giant tax cut for the rich.�

In a Cain vs Obama election the MSM would hammer the negative messages about Cain�s 9-9-9 plan home incessantly. Come election day I fear Obama would easily win his second term. You may not like Romney, but he�s the one Republican in the race who would trounce Obama. That means the end of Obamacare, the end of the regulation war on business, the opening of domestic drilling, and going after the cheating countries who have stolen millions of American jobs. I can live with that, can you live with another 4 years of Obama? If the answer is no then quite pissing on Romney.
You know it's funny that the left keeps complaining the 'rich' REALLY don't pay high taxes because of all the 'looopholes' they get. I mean that's what all the screaming is about getting them to pay even MORE right? Yet somehow a NO LOOPHOLE plan is a tax break for the rich? You gotta' love the left, they can play both sides of the coin with a straight face and never stutter. The last bolded part of your statement .... replace "Romney" with "McCain". I believe enough people fell for that nonsense last go around. Didn't work so great did it?
Romney's only value is he is 'anybody but Obama'. Big whoop, so am I. He is absolutely a kick of the can 10 feet down the road (at best). The can has had enough and is beyond recognition. Sooner or later we've got to pick it up. This is our chance. If Cain wins the primary and America is foolish enough to pick Obama... AGAIN... well honestly... too bad for us. That will absolutely insure the day of reckoning will almost immediately befall us.

NRA Lifer

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU

You know it's funny that the left keeps complaining the 'rich' REALLY don't pay high taxes because of all the 'looopholes' they get. I mean that's what all the screaming is about getting them to pay even MORE right? Yet somehow a NO LOOPHOLE plan is a tax break for the rich? You gotta' love the left, they can play both sides of the coin with a straight face and never stutter. The last bolded part of your statement .... replace "Romney" with "McCain". I believe enough people fell for that nonsense last go around. Didn't work so great did it?
Romney's only value is he is 'anybody but Obama'. Big whoop, so am I. He is absolutely a kick of the can 10 feet down the road (at best). The can has had enough and is beyond recognition. Sooner or later we've got to pick it up. This is our chance. If Cain wins the primary and America is foolish enough to pick Obama... AGAIN... well honestly... too bad for us. That will absolutely insure the day of reckoning will almost immediately befall us.

Sorry you feel that way. I�m sure all the liberals are hoping there are lots more like you out there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Let me get this straight, so because a veto would have over ridden it, the proper thing to do was bow down to the legislative branch? Ok.... THAT is DEFINITELY the kind of thing we need in a president!
And your last little comment, is assuredly the best way to sway other to your POV. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
If I didn't know better, I'd think the reports out yesterday of Cain topping most every poll now (including head to head with Romney) and Perry falling faster than any other candidate so far that he's now below Newt, just has you mad. Don't blame Cain supporters, blame YOUR candidates undesirables.

I never said Perry was against the tuition deal.He was for it at that time,along with a majority of Texans.

I only posted that comment to point out that you "Perry Bashers" fall in one of two camps;You don't mind lying to make a point,or you just repeat whatever you are told as long as it makes you "FEEL" good.You are no different than the liberals who "hate him for killing all those innocent men on death row".

I don't post on these threads to change anyone's mind,most assuredly not the trio you form with VA and Gus.I don't even expect the three of you to stop repeating the left wing loonyisms you are so fond of re Perry and all things Texas.

Like a fence down the middle of a river.

Reminding folks of the 2A consideration when selecting candidates SHOULD be enough to cause them to dig a little deeper into the backgrounds of ALL the candidates.

It only works with gun owners,though.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I never said Perry was against the tuition deal.He was for it at that time,along with a majority of Texans.

I only posted that comment to point out that you "Perry Bashers" fall in one of two camps;You don't mind lying to make a point,or you just repeat whatever you are told as long as it makes you "FEEL" good.You are no different than the liberals who "hate him for killing all those innocent men on death row".

I don't post on these threads to change anyone's mind,most assuredly not the trio you form with VA and Gus.I don't even expect the three of you to stop repeating the left wing loonyisms you are so fond of re Perry and all things Texas.

Like a fence down the middle of a river.

Reminding folks of the 2A consideration when selecting candidates SHOULD be enough to cause them to dig a little deeper into the backgrounds of ALL the candidates.

It only works with gun owners,though.
Cur,
Now see you went and did it. Please point me to 'lies' I have posted so I can immediately retract them.
Yep... I don't own any guns. And I promise you I don't own a lot more than you. The ONE thing you seem to hold onto is that the Gore supporter is pro-gun. I agree, that's a (the) positive about him. But again, how does that make another candidates ANTI gun? Heaven forbid we go with the best overall package. Perry is NOT it and the polls thankfully reflect that (of course many suggst the idiot Romney is, so I will grant you there is that.... mad )

NRA Lifer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sorry you feel that way. I�m sure all the liberals are hoping there are lots more like you out there.
Yeah... I bet. laugh

NRA Lifer

Page 14 of 28 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, AdventureBound, 20 invisible), 14,547 guests, and 1,166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,985
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.