Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I hope your skills of clairvoyance are dusty, otherwise we're [bleep].

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9

George

Are you saying a Romney-Cain ticket can't beat Obama, or are you saying Romney can't do a better job than Obama, or are you hoping Obama wins a second term?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If Cain wins the nomination,he wants DeMint or Paul Ryan as his VP.

Last edited by isaac; 10/14/11.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by isaac
If Cain wins the nomination,he wants DeMint or Paul Ryan as his VP.

I also have Fox News on in the background.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MacLorry

Obviously no one is going to convince you the progressive income tax is just, and that's really not the point anyway.

So you would rather nominate Cain and lose to Obama than nominate Romney and send Obama packing. Whatever your reasons, I strongly disagree.
On point one you are 100% correct. See... we ARE making 'progress'.
On your second question I don't buy into your forgone conclusion by a long shot. How about this, Cain is the only one who can beat Obama so don't bother with any other candidate.
It has as much validity as your assertion (except mine actually has some recent polls to support it).

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
And I will gladly pay my share.

That's due to the fact that you have values and honor. It's not in your ("our" as most here, I believe, fall in that category) nature to be a freeloader.

The issue is that there is the "army of schit" that has no such compunction. They are more than happy to keep drinking case after case of Nattie Light and chain smoking their "assistance" away. Feeding the homeless to the hungry sounds better each day.

George

There are two categories here. First are those who think welfare is a profession. This group need a rude awakening and today is not soon enough. These people need to go to work or starve. They are NOT the tax payer"s problem.

The second group are those who are bent, spindled and mutated to the point that working is not an option. This group would not be the tax payer's problem if the Church were doing it's job instead of building huge glass monuments to fancy preachers.

Those hurt in service of this country are about the only people out there who should be taken care of by the tax payers.

Just the opinions of one old man who read his Bible.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
AMEN!!!!

And on your 'church' point. I had a heated (and pointless) discussion with a raging self professed liberal a few weeks ago. When I informed her I'd gladly give to charity/church, TWICE every single dollar that my taxes got reduced to help those deserving of it that got 'forgotten' by any inefficient fraud ridden government program that got the axe, she gave me the "you're heartless, I don't want to live in your world". I then asked her how this country survived without all those entitlements 50 years ago and her answer? "I don't know." The sad thing is... in her mind... she genuinely doesn't. She will be voting for Obama again. And by the way she is Jewish. He's been such a friend to Israel and all...... but at least he's not a Republican (aka the debul).

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Gotta challenge the idea that the poorest kids are cannon fodder for the rich. MYTH. You do not need much google-fu to find out that the lowest socioeconomic groups are UNDERREPRESENTED in the US military.

Besides that, it had about as much to do with the discussion as the names of all the microbes that cause gas gangrene.

I share concerns about the poor but, the feds are like pimps who say they really care about their girls, the poor. No sale. Whoever said a job is the best welfare program was right. Govt. dependency is corrosive to the human spirit and metastatically malignant.

In a rational discussion of this topic, global, utopian standards help no one. Where are things the best and why? Where are things the worst and why? What has proven helpful in the past? Perfection is a red herring.

Why does it matter what someone else has if they came by it honestly? I wish there was a Bill Gates in every town, a dozen in every city. The politics of envy promulgated by pandering self serving sleazy politicians (and their dirtbags - - um er --constituents) make me want to puke. Thriving people beget thriving people.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
On your second question I don't buy into your forgone conclusion by a long shot. How about this Cain is the only one who can beat Obama so don't bother with any other candidate.

Historically, people vote their pocketbook when that's an issue. There's been many links provided on this topic showing the MSM is making sure the masses know that Cain's 999 plan raises their taxes.

It has as much validity as your assertion (except mine actually has some recent polls to support it).

The Real Clear Politics average of national polls as of Oct 10 has Obama beating Cain by 8.0 percent. Do you have a link the polls you cite to support your position?

Real Clear Politics for Romney vs Obama has Obama beating Romney by 0.7 percent.

That's why a Romney-Cain ticket may be what's needed to defeat Obama. Obama's best hope is for the sour-grapes attitude you exhibit to splinter the conservative base.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

George

Are you saying a Romney-Cain ticket can't beat Obama, or are you saying Romney can't do a better job than Obama, or are you hoping Obama wins a second term?

Romney is a Masshole RINO. I'm not sure he can beat The Magic Muslim een with Cain on the ticket. Even if he could, there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the two.

Schit, I'm not sure a strong conservative can salvage the ship at this point.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
IC B3

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Scott F
And I will gladly pay my share.

That's due to the fact that you have values and honor. It's not in your ("our" as most here, I believe, fall in that category) nature to be a freeloader.

The issue is that there is the "army of schit" that has no such compunction. They are more than happy to keep drinking case after case of Nattie Light and chain smoking their "assistance" away. Feeding the homeless to the hungry sounds better each day.

George

There are two categories here. First are those who think welfare is a profession. This group need a rude awakening and today is not soon enough. These people need to go to work or starve. They are NOT the tax payer"s problem.

The second group are those who are bent, spindled and mutated to the point that working is not an option. This group would not be the tax payer's problem if the Church were doing it's job instead of building huge glass monuments to fancy preachers.

Those hurt in service of this country are about the only people out there who should be taken care of by the tax payers.

Just the opinions of one old man who read his Bible.

Not much for me to find fault with, my friend. In regards to your second group, though, the Church "should" assist but the family should be the primary support system if they are able.

George

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Gotta challenge the idea that the poorest kids are cannon fodder for the rich. MYTH. You do not need much google-fu to find out that the lowest socioeconomic groups are UNDERREPRESENTED in the US military.

Besides that, it had about as much to do with the discussion as the names of all the microbes that cause gas gangrene.

I share concerns about the poor but, the feds are like pimps who say they really care about their girls, the poor. No sale. Whoever said a job is the best welfare program was right. Govt. dependency is corrosive to the human spirit and metastatically malignant.

In a rational discussion of this topic, global, utopian standards help no one. Where are things the best and why? Where are things the worst and why? What has proven helpful in the past? Perfection is a red herring.

Why does it matter what someone else has if they came by it honestly? I wish there was a Bill Gates in every town, a dozen in every city. The politics of envy promulgated by pandering self serving sleazy politicians (and their dirtbags - - um er --constituents) make me want to puke. Thriving people beget thriving people.

Some here have the notion that supporting the progressive income tax is equivalent to supporting freeloaders. That's far from the truth. Many who pay no income tax at all are retire folks who live off Social Security. Roth IRA, and savings to a large degree. This is money these people have already paid income tax on. Do you really think it's fair to tax them again on that same money? That's what Cain�s plan would do.

The current income tax allows parents a deduction for each child, but Cain's plan doesn't. If you think that's fair then you don't understand the societal benefit of raising the next generation of law abiding citizens who will make positive contributions to society in the future. The tax deduction for kids is an investment with proven returns.

Cain's plan eliminates the payroll tax. That's a savings of 7.65% for businesses. However, his plan doesn't allow employers to deduct the wages they pay to employees. Bottom line, Cain's plan increases the taxes on wages by 2.04 percent. How's that going to increase employment?

A farmer hires two kids to pick apples. Neither kid can reach the apples, so the smaller kid gets on the shoulder of the other kid so he can pick the apples. When they settle up with the farmer the smaller kid says he picked all the apples and being that's what the farmer said he would pay for, he should get all the money. Apparently you agree with the smaller kid (Bill Gates).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On your second question I don't buy into your forgone conclusion by a long shot. How about this Cain is the only one who can beat Obama so don't bother with any other candidate.

Historically, people vote their pocketbook when that's an issue. There's been many links provided on this topic showing the MSM is making sure the masses know that Cain's 999 plan raises their taxes.

The Real Clear Politics average of national polls as of Oct 10 has Obama beating Cain by 8.0 percent. Do you have a link the polls you cite to support your position?

Real Clear Politics for Romney vs Obama has Obama beating Romney by 0.7 percent.

That's why a Romney-Cain ticket may be what's needed to defeat Obama. Obama's best hope is for the sour-grapes attitude you exhibit to splinter the conservative base.
Mac,
Here you go http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/October_Poll.pdf
Start on page 14 and pay special note to the negative scores. And realize that is now 3 days old BEFORE the last debate and his latest surge upward.
Then... when you get to page 17 note what people say is more important (ability to beat BO vs views in line with theirs).
I'm sure YOU feel Romney is "the only one that can beat Obama". The FACT is each will get the ABO vote but many will NOT pull the lever for Obamalite.

NRA Lifer

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Romney is a Masshole RINO. I'm not sure he can beat The Magic Muslim een with Cain on the ticket. Even if he could, there isn't a dime's worth of difference between the two.

You're giving Obama a lot of credit saying he's just as good at running the nation as someone who has decades of private sector experience, a person who would open up drilling in the U.S., a person who would end the regulation war on businesses, a person who would repeal Obama care, and that's just 3 of Romney's 56 point plan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
. . . so they would just increase 999 to 12-12-12 to make up for it. Cain has never been able to explain how 999 wouldn't increase given he could only block such increases for 8 years max.

Cain has explained more than once that in his legislation he would require a 2/3 majority of Congress to increase any of the "9's" . . . He explained that the people would not allow an increase.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sorry, too late for Leibnitz and Newton. Non sequitur.

Soli Deo Gloria

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'm not giving O any credit as I've seen what he's done to us for the last few years. I'm also not giving Romney much credit as it's easy for me to look south and see Mass.

Romney can roll out a 56 point plan and sell it any way he wants. ObamaCare was modeled after what? Yeah.....Romney is a real conservative smirk .

George

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
PS Taxes on wages, for wage earners, does not bother me one bit as an employer. I have more money left over to hire more folks.

Soli Deo Gloria

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mac,
Here you go http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/NEWS/A_Politics/October_Poll.pdf
Start on page 14 and pay special note to the negative scores. And realize that is now 3 days old BEFORE the last debate and his latest surge upward.
Then... when you get to page 17 note what people say is more important (ability to beat BO vs views in line with theirs).
I'm sure YOU feel Romney is "the only one that can beat Obama". The FACT is each will get the ABO vote but many will NOT pull the lever for Obamalite.

Thanks for the link. However, the poll you cite applies to the Republican primary, not the general election. The polls I cited are Cain vs Obama and Romney vs Obama. I can�t find any such polls that show Cain winning against Obama.

My number one top goal is to send Obama packing, so I will support the Republican who has the best chance of defeating Obama in the general election, whoever that Republican is. Right now that�s Romney. Cain would be great if he had spent more time developing a better tax plan, one that didn�t raise taxes on 40 million plus voters.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
PPS Many of the folks paying the retired folks who caused this mess (I'm retired) ain't gunna get anything when they get there. Oldtrapper's law number 1: Always trust math more than politicians.

Soli Deo Gloria

Page 19 of 28 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 27 28

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 54 invisible), 1,716 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,613
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.