Hop To
Page 761 of 1,842 1 2 759 760 761 762 763 1841 1842
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by j_elky

Showers are Mandatory?!?!?

What self respecting deer camp doesn't have a good old fashioned, burn your azz on the planks, can't breath thru the steam saauuuuuuna!!!

Sshhhh. Nobody show dave this part. grin

Camp is where you make it.
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm at work today and get a call from a 6 year old boy, who is a bit mad because he can't get the leaf blower started. grin

Then I get a call from a really mad 6 year old boy because his mom made him shut the leaf blower down. grin grin

A proud moment...yes, yes it is.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I gave up on antelope, I hunted hard for 4 days and didn't see a goat I could have legally gone after.
ground meat last night til I was exhausted, still have 1 antelope and 2 deer to do, in addition to tiling the basement. I swear I work harder on my days off!

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Welcome to home ownership.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Colo1135 sounds like you getting real educated about Fall River Co and Buffalo Gap Grasslands antelope hunting. To many people and too many tags. Back in the bad old days when folks could drive off the road anywhere they wanted it got worse even faster.Finished my grinding 1/2 hr ago and in awhile will go look for a doe or 2. Magnum Man

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suppose I'll go tomorrow just because. I didn't go opener, if I would have I would have done better, there have been too many folks hunting from the road and going after every visible goat, least thats my theory, I seen a bunch of them out and about. I doubt I'll go after SD antelope again anytime soon.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The boys and I are at camp. We screwed whitebear's RCBS press to a tamarack stump out here in chickenbuck and banged out some test loads for the 264.

We used barnse TSX 130 gr bullets, seated to 3.180" OAL and loaded with 3 test charges of IMR 7828.

6 rounds of each load, 60 gr, 62.5 gr and 65 gr.

Too damn windy to shoot today so no testing yet

No birds for us today, but we did cut a load of birch firewood with the old brown pickup, and now we are having a chili fart contest.

I'd have to say, pretty damn good day. grin

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I finally went deer hunting this afternoon.My neighbor,my gun smith and I did a replay of opening day last year when all three of us got together and went.Except the season has been open for a week now.No one saw anything but there were three spaced shots on the property next to us right at dark.Two were pretty close together and one was a few minutes later.Sounded like perhaps a finishing off shot.
We plan to go again tomorrow afternoon.Now that I'm getting in the mood I might also go Monday.

Stan in SC

The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70,it's almost a religion.

If you have to take a second shot then you probably shouldn't have taken the first shot.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Too damn windy to shoot today so no testing yet

Define Minneessoooota wind. grin

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I suppose I'll go tomorrow just because. I didn't go opener, if I would have I would have done better, there have been too many folks hunting from the road and going after every visible goat, least thats my theory, I seen a bunch of them out and about. I doubt I'll go after SD antelope again anytime soon.

I still have a doe tag to fill. Elk opened for me but too warm, too windy (real wind & I hunt in a burn area) and too many crazies on opening day.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

No birds for us today, but we did cut a load of birch firewood with the old brown pickup, and now we are having a chili fart contest.

I'd have to say, pretty damn good day. grin

Who's winning?

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

Ain't that bad guy, the real trick is when you do your preseason scouting find and identify all the real rough relief around where you see goats and the places you can't glass into. once the shooting starts that is where they head to and so do you. Best a luck tommorrow. Magnum Man

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Chance of snow developing on Wednesday and cold enough temps to possibly keep it a while...I really do miss white deer seasons.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My weather eye says not enough moisture and not cold enough. Yet. It's too early anyway.

Let me get my boat in the garage and snowmobiles out. That may happen today. I will not put the blower on my tractor until it actually does snow. Don't want to jinx it for you.

Wood is Good.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My 1895M is bone stock. I use the sights that marlin put on it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Azar, whitebear has a manual for me to borrow along with a bunch of cool RCBS gear.

gosh darn,dave,fluffster just picked a twin sister to your elk blaster.I had to mount a scope,though.
I can see all the sights ok,just not all at the same time.

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Craig your bumming me out man smile weather dude has my hopes up though....Almost done with building the land owners deer shack hope to get it out maybe this afternoon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have only lived here 6 months, and worked long hours often 6-7 days a week until recently when things have slowed down a little. once I get the chance to get out more and meet more people and get to know more of the area I'm sure it will be a different story. I had to wing it this year with a public lands map and going out every so often when I had the chance.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Fluffy, it's a quality rifle for sure, love the action on that thing, you will enjoy it!!

Wind must be gusting at 40-50mph, no test firing of our handloads and it's killing us!! eek

Maybe we can sneak up to the rifle range after work/school this week one evening.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by acooper1983
wow dave i have read this thread for a long time, and thought you to be a better man than that. I am union Journeymen Wiremen, and find those comments not only off base, but very insulting. Ill be the first to admit that there are some useless unions (UAW is pretty high up there right behind teamsters) But dont lump skilled trades into that same cow pie, because some of the hardest working most ardent outdoorsmen i know are my local brothers, we take pride in the fact that we do the job Better, faster,and safer than the next guy, on time and under budget, or we get [bleep] canned and the contractor goes under. We care about our employers welfare because with out them we have no jobs, but they feel the same with, as without us, they wouldnt have a giant pool of excellent craftsmen to do thier projects like they are bid to done.

If that is true, if you guys have the sort of ethics you described then I am very happy to learn about it and I stand corrected.

My apologies.

I clearly should have said SEIU grin

Something clever here.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by j_elky
Originally Posted by 4_S_ter
I'm support the "occupy deer stands" movment. I propose we get out of deer stands after dark and unite in brotherhood at the shack for giant prawns and tenderloin on the grill. Then return to our deer stands every day until all our tags are filled.

We'll crap outside if we have to. And only shower if the wind is wrong. Until the third day. Then showers are mandatory. We'll have beer. Lots of beer. Poker too.

If we keep this up somebody will notice. Somebody will give us what we want. Which I suppose is to be left alone?

Showers are Mandatory?!?!?

Ours! Showers are for sissy's. Of course a bad scense of smell is a plus.
What self respecting deer camp doesn't have a good old fashioned, burn your azz on the planks, can't breath thru the steam saauuuuuuna!!!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Go Bears laugh

I don't feed em I eat em
Page 761 of 1,842 1 2 759 760 761 762 763 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1Longbow, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,476 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,445
Posts18,489,618
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.