Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I am fairly sure that the last job I got an authorization for a credit check was part of the application.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

F'em all and buy the 40k Glitter Bucket. Drive around in style, for awhile. Maybe you will enjoy your second bankruptcy more than your first.

Curious, what does your wife think about this deal? If she is onboard with the new truck thing she deserves you.

Why the [bleep] would you care? Troll.

Camp is where you make it.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by ADK4Rick
I had an 850 credit rating in 2009

I am having a hard time believing you had an 850. People don't just stumble upon this score. It takes hard work, discipline, lots of credit and a long history of good decision making.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jahrs

I am having a hard time believing you had an 850. People don't just stumble upon this score. It takes hard work, discipline, lots of credit and a long history of good decision making.

well keep having your hard time,but it's true,and thanks for taking the time to judge me.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

well keep having your hard time,but it's true,and thanks for taking the time to judge me.

That was not judging but an observation. You made the right decision in the end but your thought process and your reasoning as it was laid out here is not from one who has a perfect credit score.

C.H. Spurgeon
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I never had a bad one until now,thats why I wasn't sure what to do.no harm no foul.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When you picking up your new rig? laugh

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Called my agent. FWIW, I agree that careful use of credit is OK, but the idea that you absolutely HAVE to have credit or a credit score is false.

Check out Dave Ramsey's website or show

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Dave Ramsey is good, but once you have absorbed his wisdom it's time to move up the food chain. You do this by following Bob Brinker <www.bobbrinker.com>. Bob is your guide on your journey to Critical Mass. Trust me, I know.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Heard motorcycle mentioned a couple times...

I IS a motorcycle guy grin ride one to work about 11 1/2
months of the year, rain or shine. Only ice or strong probability of puts me into the truck.

But as has been beat to death on some mc forums I frequent,
most of the time you ain't gonna save money riding, compared
to a econo-box car. My two get from 32-37 mpg commuting,
tires at near $300 a pop every 8-12000 miles, buying and
keeping up helmets, gear, bike maintenance, etc.

I could probably come out a bunch cheaper with a Corolla
or something, but I ride because I enjoy it.
Now a moped, or maybe 250cc bike, it might work out.
But anything other than short hops in nice weather, I
wouldn't want to ride that.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Dave Ramsey is good, but once you have absorbed his wisdom it's time to move up the food chain. You do this by following Bob Brinker <www.bobbrinker.com>. Bob is your guide on your journey to Critical Mass. Trust me, I know.

Ha! Brinker claims to be a great market timer but he completely missed this last downturn. He got lucky once.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

He has been right a lot more than once and you would know that if you had been following him since 1991 as I have. He did miss the last downturn but if you had followed his longterm advice and been fully diversified you would have taken a haircut but not been carried out.

I survived the downturn with minimal damage and am now ahead of pre-recession levels. I am not at all ashamed to admit that I owe my modest residence in the Land of Critical Mass to Mr. Brinker.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought an 01 Dodge 4x4 Quad Cab diesel in 03 after filing Chapter 7, the best I could do was 17.5%; I drove it until 05 when diesel spiked to 3.50+ and I was driving 500 miles per week for work.

Traded it for a new 05 Nissan Frontier and got 16.5% financing for 72 months, moved in 07 and was able to refinance at 10.8% and paid that bitch off this past August, I think the 23.5K dollar Nissan cost me about 38K in the long run.

I am 100% debt free, charge a few things every year for xmas and pay it off with my income tax refund, Chapter 7 was off my record this past July.

No way in hell would I buy a new vehicle until the bankruptcy was complete; however, it is your money.

Dave

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K

Maybe he was adding the scores from the three bureaus...

eek grin

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'd sell the Chevy and buy a used 4 cylinder Toyota with a topper and ladder rack. You can get a good one for $7k pay it off in a year. I have Zero debt and plan to stay that way.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Maybe he was adding the scores from the three bureaus...

eek grin

That is TFF

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by RDW
I bought an 01 Dodge 4x4 Quad Cab diesel in 03 after filing Chapter 7, the best I could do was 17.5%; I drove it until 05 when diesel spiked to 3.50+ and I was driving 500 miles per week for work.

Traded it for a new 05 Nissan Frontier and got 16.5% financing for 72 months, moved in 07 and was able to refinance at 10.8% and paid that bitch off this past August, I think the 23.5K dollar Nissan cost me about 38K in the long run.

I am 100% debt free, charge a few things every year for xmas and pay it off with my income tax refund, Chapter 7 was off my record this past July.

No way in hell would I buy a new vehicle until the bankruptcy was complete; however, it is your money.

Am I just dumb or what? I cannot understand why anyone would pay 17% or 10% or 16% interest on anything let alone a vehicle.

Another thing; Why would anyone want to get a tax refund?
That's just plain stupid. Why lend money to the Government at no interest so you can pay maybe 18% on your credit cards until you get your refund? Tell me how that makes a lick of sense?

Arrange your tax affairs so you owe the Government on 15 April. Hire an EA or CPA to make sure you pay the minimum legal taxes at the last possible minute.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Am I just dumb or what?

We got a winner!!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sell current POS, buy small, used SUV with available cash. Much better mileage, plenty of reliable options. Strap ladder to top, toss tools, etc, in back. You'll have roughly zero maintenance costs and cut gas almost in half.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you got.

Be happy you are debt free. There are millions who are not. Enjoy that for a while before you go back to joining them.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

516 members (10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 1234, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17Fan, 63 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,320
Posts18,487,413
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.