-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Has anyone had fogging and/or water getting inside a burris scope?

Brother-in-law had a problem with one and I was just wondering if his was a fluke or have others had this problem.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've got a couple, one of which has seen hard use, and nothing along those lines at all.

I did drop a rifle on the scope and they fixed it w/ no charge... that tells you how they'd handle the fogging if he sends it back...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by efw
I've got a couple, one of which has seen hard use, and nothing along those lines at all.

I did drop a rifle on the scope and they fixed it w/ no charge... that tells you how they'd handle the fogging if he sends it back...

Same went/goes for me.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by efw

Same went/goes for me.

Reason I asked... I been thinking about getting one and the only experience I know of was the BIL. I wont go into all the details, but the scope was sent back 3 times and Burris 'fixed' it each time. They accused him of purposly putting water in the scope. After a year, they did send him his money back, and kept the scope.

Bad experience, took too long to settle, but he did get his money back.

Thanks for the replies.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by efw

Same went/goes for me.

Reason I asked... I been thinking about getting one and the only experience I know of was the BIL. I wont go into all the details, but the scope was sent back 3 times and Burris 'fixed' it each time. They accused him of purposly putting water in the scope. After a year, they did send him his money back, and kept the scope.

Bad experience, took too long to settle, but he did get his money back.

Thanks for the replies.

WTF???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I had a FF2 that fogged up inside one wet day. Sent it back and it was repaired in about a month. Good scope and pretty good service.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I've never had any problems with the 3 Burris scopes I have.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
While I don't own any personally, I know several people who do, and none have had any issues with them. One of my buddies bought one cheap at a gun show. The dealer told him it had fogged on the previous owner, and that's why he got a good deal on it. He sent it in and received it back a month later and has had no problems with it, outside of leaving the turret caps at the range. He called Burris, described the scope to them and received a set of caps, no charge within a week. They even did a follow up call to make sure the caps were correct for the scope. Pretty good service, I thought.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Burris is now owned by Beretta, I believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've had a couple, no issues.

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I have 2 of the american made FFII and only had a problem with one not holding zero. Sent it back and it was repaired in 2 weeks.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a few, and some of them I have had a long time 30 years or so. I like them and still buy them, and I usually buy them used. I have never had an issue with one of them.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
About twenty years ago I bought a FFII 4-12x42 used from a friend. It had been used hard for many years before I got it. A few years and several thousand 30-06 rounds later, I had to send it in for a broken crosswire. Burris fixed it quickly with no charge.

A couple years later, I had to send the scope in because a screw fell out of the power adjustment ring and the ring would rotate but not affect the scope. I had a TASCO box handy, and used it to ship the scope in to the factory. I was amused to receive the repaired scope back in a brand new BURRIS box.

My brand new Bushnell 4200 3-9x is much brighter than the old Burris. The Bushnell is much more forgiving in terms of eye relief and eye placement.

But I have killed a lot of deer with that old Burris, it is now on my Rugher #1 7mmSTW. It still works well enough that I was able to kill a bull elk with it last Friday.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I've sent 3 back to the factory.1 was repaired free and the 2 that were dropped were written off but they sold me replacements at a good discount

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My Burris Posi-lock handgun scope parted ways with the windage turret at the range. I was testing .480 Ruger handloads at the time, the recoil of the Super Redhawk was a bit brutal. Sent it back to Burris, and they turned it around in two weeks. No more problems with it. I never had any trouble with the 3-9x FF II scopes.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 10/31/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have had one for about 12 years no problems.

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
I have several Burris scopes that I have had for years with no gripes, along with a Pentax or two that I understand Burris built. they have been good scopes, and my go-to scope is a 20+ year old Signature 1.5=6x that i keep on my .308. Never an issue. I did have a 2-7x pistol scope that I had to send in when the mount screws sheared and it hit my head and then the ground, and developed a wandering zero. It was fixed and back within 2 weeks. I like them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldmanms2003
Has anyone had fogging and/or water getting inside a burris scope?

Have a Burris Full Field 3-9 x 40 for years. Never had any problems with it.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (007FJ, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,346
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.