Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#5747503 10/25/11
405wcf Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Anyone else notice that Sierra data has disappeared?

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
No, but I am going to check.
Good shooting,
Marcus

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well that's number TWO. Hornady data was removed a few weeks ago. One day I was reading Hornady #8 data for the 6.5 Grendel and the next day it was gone. I emailed them to find out what happened to to the data and was told that it was pulled at Hornady's request. I was told that Hornady (and now Sierra) want more $$ to list their load data. Might be time to cancel my membership?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nosler seems absent also.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
Might be time to cancel my membership?
+1, w/credit issued. I have contacted them also.

IC B2

N
ned Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Mine just expired and I was about to renew...guess not. Thanks for the heads up.

Ride well, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
C
CLB Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I did not renew my subscription...

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
dang...I just recently renewed....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by wyliec
dang...I just recently renewed....
Credit should be offered since your not getting what you initially paid for IMO.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have exchanged emails with LoadData and it appears that the bullet manufacturers data will not be returning anytime soon if ever.
To Bad. I liked the fact that I could leave my manuals out in my man cave and still access their data on-line and in my office. Without this I really have little use for LoadData and have asked for a refund of my subscription. To bad, it really was a good deal and convenient as hell for me.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So why did some of the bullet manufacturers data get pulled?

Speer is still there.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by temmi
So why did some of the bullet manufacturers data get pulled?

Speer is still there.

Because the companies are in the business of making money. Period. Hornady sells a manual for thier bullets, so does Sierra.
But my guess is that the real reason is that LoadData.com was pilfering the material, and not paying the manufacturers nothing while reaping the benefits of thier testing and labor. After all if I was paying to print the material and the testing, and some honyock was charging 30 bucks a person to get it, and then allow that person to share a print out of that data with every person on here(AS I have Seen posted on here) and the internet, I would be pizzed off too.

Swifty

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not only Hornady and Sierra pay to test loads and print manuals, all the manufacturers do. It seems the majority of manufacturers feel that getting their info into the hands of as many reloaders as possible is a sound business move as well as being beneficial to the reloader.

Bad move by Hornady and Sierra IMO.

Are they going to pull their own online data now to force us to buy their manual?

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll happily renew my scrip when it comes due.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Not only Hornady and Sierra pay to test loads and print manuals, all the manufacturers do. It seems the majority of manufacturers feel that getting their info into the hands of as many reloaders as possible is a sound business move as well as being beneficial to the reloader.

Bad move by Hornady and Sierra IMO.

Are they going to pull their own online data now to force us to buy their manual?

I agree.

I really don't understand why bullet companies don't have online manuals... even if the must sell subscriptions to them like Loaddata.com does.

So it would seem a good idea for them to come to some agreement.

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Heres few links, no data to be found as hornady and sierra have never posted online data on their web sites.
Nosler only posts a condensed version, as does hodgdons.
If you want the whole shabang, ya gotta buy the book. Accurate powders offer the most complete online resource due to the fact they only make powder.
Maybe if LoadData.com wanted to pay the people who produce this the 20 bucks per person that they make when they sell the book, plus the 9.95 that their distributers make when they sell the book, plus the money that both of them make off of selling the powder bullets, brass , primers, and so forth when they sell the book, at say a cost per person of 150 bucks, then maybe they could get the data back and post it.

http://www.hornady.com/ None

http://www.sierrabullets.com/index.cfm None

http://www.bergerbullets.com/ None

http://www.lapua.com/en/products/reloading/vihtavuori-reloading-data/relodata/5 Vihtavuori powder only.

http://www.norma.cc/en/Ammunition-Academy/Loading-Data/ Norma powders only.

Look up Copyright Infringement. Plus the fact that maybe, just maybe more shooters are served offline than online as they arent connected at the hip to a computer.

Swifty

Swifty
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Seems like the same senario of down loading music on line and the original artist gets cut out of the deal!! Wasnt there a big dado about that a few years back. Cant blame them, it is nice to make money, after all that is why it is called a business. Hell I moved 2 months ago, mail get forwarded for 6, I did not officially change my address at my bank yet, the other day they hit me with a 25.00 sevice fee, for failure to notify them of my address change!!!! Freanking banks, cant make it by over draft fees, now not letting them know your address change on a timely manner!!

Last edited by Bob257AI; 11/11/11.

Thanks,
Bob
Too many calibers and not enough time for the working man to hunt with them all.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 11:00 AM, LoadData Contact <[email protected]> wrote:

Doug,

Hornady's data from their reloading manual has been removed at their
request.
We are currently working with them to get the data restored to the
site. We are in negotiations to get it back online. Unfortunately as we
grow, companies want more money to have their data on the site. We hope to
have this worked out quickly. Our goal is to keep costs down for our
members.

Of course we do have data for Hornady bullets on the site from our sources.

Please email me back, let me know exactly what you are working on and what
data you are looking for. I believe I can get you the data you need via
email until we get it back on the site.

Thanks,
Don
LoadData.com

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 22250rem, 10ring1, 160user, 66 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,029
Posts18,481,857
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.