-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
OP Offline
M
And I've read that the sea to summit reactor t-lite is a good one?

Trying to boost up my 9 year old cat's meow..

Was out last week, temps were probably @30* at night. This bag has served well for a long time, but ended up with all reserve clothes on and still cold numb feet. Feet which probably were nice and damp and are now flared up with athletes foot because of that night..

My T rest prolite was also a dissapointment- just getting on the cold side and not helping with the side sleeping on the hip. Guess I am getting older :)Will be backing it up with foam next trip.

Any negatives on the liner? My other thought was to grab the rei minimalist bivvy and use it over my bag, in tent when needed, and keep it handy for the day pack, which would be dual use..

Suggestions? Thanks

GB1

B
B
I have the reactor extreme and the regular one. They are great, very stretchy and very warm for what it is. My wife loves the extreme version, she is a very cold sleeper. I think it adds about +10 degrees c.
We use them in our Mountain Equipment Dreamcatcher down bags, they have stretch like Montbell bags. The liners do not restrict at all. I highly recommend them.
O, we use Exped down pads 7 and they are very nice. I'm a side sleeper as well and have no problems with the expeds.

Barry

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If your looking for a new pad too, i'd highly recommend the Thermarest NeoAir in large, 19 ounces and super comfy. I'm curious as to why you don't just buy a new bag, after 9 years that Cats Meow has had to lose some of it's loft.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
If your looking for a new pad too, i'd highly recommend the Thermarest NeoAir in large, 19 ounces and super comfy. I'm curious as to why you don't just buy a new bag, after 9 years that Cats Meow has had to lose some of it's loft.

+1 to both.
That NeoAir is awesome, much better than my Prolite 4, though the jury is still out on the durability.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

M
OP Offline
M
AkMtnHntr, $$$ is always a factor.. also, I have a 40* lafuma that I would think the liner would add flexibility to for sept hunts..

To be honest I've never washed the Cats meow.. do you think that could improve loft or damage it?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I don't think washing is going to help. I would say you are probably past the functional life of a the TNF if you've used it much at all in the last 9 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with Biatholonman on this one. I think you'd be lucky to stay warm in your Lafuma with the liner in temps 25 and below.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
OP Offline
M
Now you guys have me looking at replacing the NF bag.. thanks alot(!)... something else to debate in my head and shop out.

I wasn't planning on stretching the lafuma that cold-- the liner is to expand the rating on the NF bag primarily- a side benefit would be using the liner with the 40* lafuma as well

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
NEW GEAR, NEW GEAR, MORE NEW GEAR..........yes sir my credit number is ############## It never ends and I love it and hate it.! Why couldn't we all have taken up knitting instead? Marm, time for a new bag. Purge the old one on Ebay and gear up. It's a vicious cycle that we all love.

Sucess only comes before work in the dictionary.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okhill
NEW GEAR, NEW GEAR, MORE NEW GEAR..........yes sir my credit number is ############## It never ends and I love it and hate it.! Why couldn't we all have taken up knitting instead? Marm, time for a new bag. Purge the old one on Ebay and gear up. It's a vicious cycle that we all love.

I swear that the "Backpack Hunting" forum is the most expensive one at the 'Fire!
shocked

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 340boy
Originally Posted by okhill

I swear that the "Backpack Hunting" forum is the most expensive one at the 'Fire!
shocked

Yesssssssssss!

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by marmotsafari
Now you guys have me looking at replacing the NF bag.. thanks alot(!)... something else to debate in my head and shop out.

I wasn't planning on stretching the lafuma that cold-- the liner is to expand the rating on the NF bag primarily- a side benefit would be using the liner with the 40* lafuma as well

I'd recommend a western Mountaineering Bison along with the reactor extreme liner.

Remember : you only live once..........grin

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Could take a fat chick camping with you, my buddy does and is never cold

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I'd rather be seen with the bison

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Originally Posted by Irving_D

WTF!!!!!!! That's funny stuff.

Sucess only comes before work in the dictionary.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Irving_D

I disagree, a lard-ass is seldom ever an asset. You'd wind up carrying all of her schit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I looked at the REI bivy, and picked the TiGoat. It's mo better

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Don't know if they are still there, but I bought silk liners from some company on *Bay incredibly cheap. They have held up pretty well.

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
If it's just your feet that are getting cold, you might try some of those big fluffy down booties. But replacing the bag is your surest fix. Also the Neo-air will likely give you more warmth than a liner. I use one w/ the Big Agnes tripod bivy which is supposed to add 10* to overall rating. Both bag and air mat inside bivy.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My NeoAir has treated me well so far. As far as a bag liner - I had the wife whip one up of light weight fleece. Worked great, very light, and can be folded up and stuffed in the pack.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1badf350, 68 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,421
Posts18,507,425
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.