Print Thread
Hop To
H
huntem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Who uses the Mystery Ranch day pack? I'm just wondering if it would be a nice addition to the crew cab or not. I don't feel that I would use a true day pack so that is a non-issue to me.

Just curious on opinions

thanks

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Cuius est solum, eius est usque ad caelum et ad inferos
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
If you find yourself needing more cubic inches then it's a good way to go. If you don't, then you likely don't need it.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I prefer to leave the top of my Longbow open for using the over the top straps. No Daypack lid for me.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use the lid when packing in and out, and leave it in camp on day hunts.

MR is making a second lid alternative thats a bit smaller and much lighter from the looks of it. I'll be picking one up shortly.

The lid really helps in some situations when packing, especially when packing antlers.

IMO in order to get the most of the CC the lid is a necessity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Lid is good. I use it as a day pack. You can also pull your main bag off at camp attach the lid directly to the frame for a framed daypack which works pretty good.

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
+1 on what Bambistew said.

The extra storage is also nice. I have yet to use the lid as a pack but is there if/when needed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the inches in the lid, but I cut all the straps and hardware out of mine long ago...

You can still attach it to your frame without the "daypack" straps and stuff.

Now if they made a load sling for the CBMR frames, I'd rock one of those too. Good way to haul quarters back to camp, and head out light hunting for the day

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by strawman
If you find yourself needing more cubic inches then it's a good way to go. If you don't, then you likely don't need it.

I had that problem... When I called MR and told them I wanted a lid and had a CBMR frame, I picked up a 6500 (Behemoth) with a lid for 133 bucks. Gotta love doing business with those guys. Seriously, if you need more inches look at the 6500 bag. Between those two bags on a NICE frame, it handles just about 90% of what a guy needs a pack for. (even if I really want a KU 5200)

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DanAdair
Now if they made a load sling for the CBMR frames, I'd rock one of those too. Good way to haul quarters back to camp, and head out light hunting for the day

Why won't the MR sling work on the CBMR frame? I was under the impression that all the CBMR/MR NICE stuff was interchangeable. No?

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I use mine as a daypack on the hunts when weight is really critical. It's not comfortable, but it does the job. I think with mods it would make a better fanny pack than a shoulder pack.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I used mine this year as we had a lot of stuff to haul. I used the lid as a daypak..carried water, jet boil ,misc, and puff jacket. Deep snow, high altititude, just diddn't need to carry the full pack in our hunting area.
It's reasonably comfortable w/o a lot of weight.

lefty C

S
S
I switched out the daypack lid that came with my MR Wolf Alpha pack, for the MR SATL pack lid. Like it a lot better. Fits better, lighter & simpler without the straps. Since it's not on the web sight, you'll have to call customer service. Also, it's about $40 cheaper.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/assault-patrol-packs/satl-assault-pack

H
huntem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by shdwhwk
it's not on the web sight, you'll have to call customer service. Also, it's about $40 cheaper.

Thanks for the tip!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Called MR, as I maybe would like to have a light wt. lid connected to the over bag buckles on top of my Longbow bag if it was light enough. MR sales rep that I spoke with did not know exact weight and what the ci were since it is not up on the site as a item to be sold. They are not a normal ordered item separately - Can't get special after market- so I could not order. They said they only sell the SATL lids after market only if they happen to have one laying around- which he said they rarely do. He said they do not even see much of the SATL themselves coming through the shop- since most of them are a large contract item for the US military.

Originally Posted by shdwhwk
I switched out the daypack lid that came with my MR Wolf Alpha pack, for the MR SATL pack lid. Like it a lot better. Fits better, lighter & simpler without the straps. Since it's not on the web sight, you'll have to call customer service. Also, it's about $40 cheaper.

S
S
That's how I got mine. Was told a couple months ago they were gonna do a production run of just SATL lids to be sold as a accessory.

So keep calling and requesting, trust me it's worth it.

BTW: the SATL lid is 800cu, 8oz vs 900cu, 1lb 1oz for the Daypack lid

Last edited by shdwhwk; 11/04/11.
H
huntem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by llama2
MR sales rep that I spoke with did not know exact weight and what the ci were since it is not up on the site as a item to be sold. They are not a normal ordered item separately - Can't get special after market- so I could not order.

Yep this is the case.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
They also make the E&E lid thats smaller yet at 400 cu. I didn't find any pics of it on a pack.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/military/military-pack-accessories/skiritai-ee-lid

H
huntem Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Now granted I'm a bit off topic but if I'm just looking at extra storage that isn't a lid the load cells are cheaper or a dry sack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 1234, 75 invisible), 3,620 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,365
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.