Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by oruacat2
And yet here you are, smalljaw, demonstrating how you "don't give a crap" by making this thread about ME and not Cain or Bialek?

As for me posting "all over the place" - it was in threads initiated by others not by me, so I'm sure your fellow Campfire members appreciate your disdain for free speech, discussion, and open debate.

We're all just thinking out loud here - if you don't like it or can't handle it, why don't you just sit this one out until a topic comes along more to your liking?

this particular post is about how the lady's story appears to be shaky, yet you want to turn the attention back to Cain in a negative light.

would you care to refute that you don't have a clue what really happened between CAIN and BIALIEK, or any of the others? (you know, that was the part in my post where i talked about the subject matter at hand, but you conveniently ignored.) Or do you want to just continue running around flailing and acting like you're E.F. Hutton?

GB1

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
And the reasons cited in that link regarding WHY her story appears to be shaky contradicts the assertions Herman Cain just made in his press conference.

"At the bottom of the pyramid, America is a ruthlessly punitive and accountability-obsessed society. At the top of the pyramid, it is endlessly forgiving. Before trust can be restored, accountability has to be established."
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I asked this in the other thread, but it quickly devolved into the normal insult-fest, so I'll ask again:

If THIS report is true, doesn't it contradict Herman Cain's own statements in his press conference two hours ago?

And if she was fired from her job at the NRA, where Cain was the President-elect, how in hell would he not know about it?

One thing that's being used against her, which I think is a valid question, is "why did it take 14 years for her to come forward?" Well, the same thing could be asked of Herman Cain - "Politico" approached Cain about this story ten days before they actually printed it - and yet this is the first we've heard of a woman employed by the NRA during Cain's tenure being fired for making false accusations of sexual harassment?
Something isn't adding up.

According to Rush, Politico told him they had a story but wouldn't tell him what it was. He declined to comment to that. I don't blame him for that.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
yeah, we heard you the other 5 times.

the man apparently worked with her (and 300 other people) 14 years ago.

she says she met with him to get him to help get her a job after she was fired for filing a false sexual harassment claim (which she apparently never contested, and was obviously against somebody besides Cain), and in turn he then sexually harassed her.

he says he did not, and doesn't even know who she is.

exactly what part of that contradicts his story? the only part that could possible contradict it is HER story of what happened. nowhere in the link did it say anything that would seem to me to contradict his story. are we reading the same link, or does one of us have an axe to grind? the woman is a PROVEN liar.

JONATHAN KARL: --she's come out, you've heard her accusations. I mean--

HERMAN CAIN: Yes.

JONATHAN KARL: --but let's be clear. You're saying that she is lying about this?

"HERMAN CAIN: Yes. I am sayin' that. You know, in as nice a way as I c-- I don't know any other way to say it. Because I would first have to recognize who she is.

JONATHAN KARL: You-- you don't remember having--

HERMAN CAIN: I-- I--

JONATHAN KARL: --drinks with her back in '97, you don't remember--

HERMAN CAIN: Absolutely not--

JONATHAN KARL: --giving her a ride in your car?

HERMAN CAIN: No. I reject all accusations. I don't remember that. And also, I don't remember knowin' her. Look, the National Restaurant Association had-- has an office in Washington D.C., as it did then, it has the foundation office and the convention office in Chicago, as it does now. We have about 150 employees in the Washington office, and about 150 employees in the-- Chicago office.

There were a lotta people there. Most of the people, some of them I would remember. But remember, I didn't have interaction with the people in Chicago on a regular basis. Only during that part of the year when we had our convention. And so when I first saw-- this lady-- do the press conference with Gloria Allred, I sat there trying to recall who she was and if I knew her. And I am honestly telling you, I can't even recall knowing her back then. "

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Cain could've stopped this entire story dead in its tracks had he simply answered "we at the NRA fired a woman for making false accusations of sexual harassment during my time as President" when this story first broke. But he didn't - because he didn't know exactly who was doing the accusing - he had to wait and see WHICH accuser was coming forward, because he knew there was more than one incident perhaps?

Like I said, this woman might be lying, opportunistic scum - but thed fact that there are more than just her pointing fingers gives her cover. When those women who got financial settlements come forward and are released from their confidentiality agreements - that's when we'll know whether or not Herman Cain is full of [bleep].

"At the bottom of the pyramid, America is a ruthlessly punitive and accountability-obsessed society. At the top of the pyramid, it is endlessly forgiving. Before trust can be restored, accountability has to be established."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
those women who got financial settlements

Doyou know the difference between settlement and severance pay. When I was twenty-nine years old I gave a month's notice because another company hired me. The H.R. left for a moment and came back with a check for a month and told me it was severance pay and I can take the next month off.

The women in question received severance pay, not a settlement. But carry one in your delusional world.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
But he didn't - because he didn't know exactly who was doing the accusing - he had to wait and see WHICH accuser was coming forward, because he knew there was more than one incident perhaps?

or perhaps he's telling the truth, and simply could not recall something that happened 14 years ago off the top of his head.

and just to be clear, whether or not she's lying this time, she IS lying opportunistic scum, if what is reported about her is accurate.

of course, at least in some people's eyes, she doesn't have to explain her past, unlike Cain.

me? i typically believe the side of the argument that doesn't come from proven liars. i'm funny that way i guess.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why argue with this piss ant (Cat). Put him on ignore and call it a day. Steve

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Interesting and ironic to note the allegations are falling apart when EXAMINED as the MSM should have done with the president we have now....funny how we couldn't question Obama as we were RACISTS, BUT the MSM can lean over backwards to proclaim LYING women as reasons to crucify a REPUBLICAN/CONSERVATIVE black man!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
even conservative people i know are already succumbing to this crap, and it pisses me off. it's amazing that all you have to do is say something enough times and it becomes perceived as fact by the very people that should know better.

simply mind boggling.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

Lenin
Russian Communist politician & revolutionary (1870 - 1924)

[Linked Image]
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by gunner500
Now if Cain would sue the silicone outta that hoe it would send a message to the other lying tramps.

Gunner
That's EXACTLY what should be done.. File a defamation lawsuit and take her sorry azz to court..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Cain could've stopped this entire story dead in its tracks had he simply answered "we at the NRA fired a woman for making false accusations of sexual harassment during my time as President" when this story first broke. But he didn't - because he didn't know exactly who was doing the accusing - he had to wait and see WHICH accuser was coming forward, because he knew there was more than one incident perhaps?

Like I said, this woman might be lying, opportunistic scum - but thed fact that there are more than just her pointing fingers gives her cover. When those women who got financial settlements come forward and are released from their confidentiality agreements - that's when we'll know whether or not Herman Cain is full of [bleep].

But until then, you'll just continue to attack him as if he is. Got it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

First, that would be a lie. She wasn't working for the NRA when she was fired for the false accusation of sexual harrassment. That happened prior to her account of her encounter with Cain.

Secondly, the other women were given a settlement from the NRA long after Cain was no longer working there. This is why Cain had no idea about the details or agreement between the NRA and these women. Their claims came after he left.

Third, the women WERE released from their confidentiality agreements by the NRA. They do not wish to speak about the matter.

And finally, Cain has not once contradicted himself. Take his comments in a linear chronological context and there is no condradictions.

Funny though how you like to skew the facts to paint the image of the man the way you wish he was. Have you considered a carreer in the media? You've got the skills! grin

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Never mind that she's got a 13 year old son...from a "relationship"...
In other words, she got pregnant at around age 37 about a year after the alleged excitement with Cain.
Strikes me as pretty much a loose cannon.
Gonna be interesting to see WTF shakes out...looks like it can't hurt Cain after all.

Add to that, that she also had more than one failed paternity suits to identify the father of that child. It sounds like she doesn't know which tom, dick, or harry she was actually hooking up with back then.

Reasonable doubt? I think so.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
If nothing else, there's a lesson here to stay away from the whack jobs...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Turns out she filed a sex harrassment action against her very next employer after the NRA,as well.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by gunner500
Now if Cain would sue the silicone outta that hoe it would send a message to the other lying tramps.

Gunner
That's EXACTLY what should be done.. File a defamation lawsuit and take her sorry azz to court..

==================

It's the last thing a candidate should do while focusing all his energies and monies into a presidential campaign.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

A couple questions before I throw out a possibility.

Oruacat,
What do you do for a living? Have you ever been in a high managerial position? Overseeing hundreds of people, or owned your own business where you were responsible for the actions of all your employees?

Montana MOFO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly, like this matter is more important than getting the GOP nod. GMAB.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (338reddog, 204guy, 338rcm, 338Rules, 16penny, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,730 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,048
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.