-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought the black president experiment was over!??

No thank you!

WAR EAGLE!

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Republican candidates are a sorry lot overall. The most capable of the sorry lot is Newt. But it is unlikely that 51% of the voters are intelligent enough to get rid the even worse Democrat candidate.

Not endorsing Newt but at the time he appears to be the best rotten apple in the barrel. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Democrats are choosing their opposition through the State controlled media. Romney is thier man, because he has the least to offer America and will be the easiest to defeat. It is nothing other than that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Democrats are choosing their opposition throught the State controlled media. Romney is thier man, because he has the least to offer America and will be the easiest to defeat. It is nothing other than that.
Agreed.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Democrats are choosing their opposition throught the State controlled media. Romney is thier man, because he has the least to offer America and will be the easiest to defeat. It is nothing other than that.
Agreed.

Exactly what took place in the last election!

Last edited by Timberlake; 11/09/11.

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not sure he's "mavericky" enough for the MSM sick grin

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just in case you were wondering what the Media gave us in 2008, a small reminder:

The Washington Post
August 18, 2011 Obama: The Affirmative Action President b y Matt Patterson (columnist - Washington Post, New York Post, San Francisco Examiner)

Years from now, historians may regard the 2008 election of Barack Obama as an inscrutable and disturbing phenomenon, a baffling breed of mass hysteria akin perhaps to the witch craze of the Middle Ages. How, they will wonder, did a man so devoid of professional accomplishment beguile so many into thinking he could manage the world's largest economy, direct the world's most powerful military, execute the world's most consequential job?

Imagine a future historian examining Obama's pre-presidential life: ushered into and through the Ivy League despite unremarkable grades and test scores along the way; a cushy non-job as a "community organizer"; a brief career as a state legislator devoid of legislative achievement (and in fact nearly devoid of his attention, so often did he vote "present") ; and finally an unaccomplished single term in the United States Senate, the entirety of which was devoted to his presidential ambitions. He left no academic legacy in academia, authored no signature legislation as a legislator.

And then there is the matter of his troubling associations: the white-hating, America-loathing preacher who for decades served as Obama's "spiritual mentor"; a real-life, actual terrorist who served as Obama's colleague and political sponsor. It is easy to imagine a future historian looking at it all and asking: how on Earth was such a man elected president?

Not content to wait for history, the incomparable Norman Podhoretz addressed the question recently in the Wall Street Journal:

To be sure, no white candidate who had close associations with an outspoken hater of America like Jeremiah Wright and an unrepentant terrorist like Bill Ayers, would have lasted a single day. But because Mr. Obama was black, and therefore entitled in the eyes of liberaldom to have hung out with protesters against various American injustices, even if they were a bit extreme, he was given a pass.

Let that sink in: Obama was given a pass -- held to a lower standard -- because of the color of his skin. Podhoretz continues:

And in any case, what did such ancient history matter when he was also so articulate and elegant and (as he himself had said) "non-threatening," all of which gave him a fighting chance to become the first black president and thereby to lay the curse of racism to rest?

Podhoretz puts his finger, I think, on the animating pulse of the Obama phenomenon -- affirmative action . Not in the legal sense, of course. But certainly in the motivating sentiment behind all affirmative action laws and regulations, which are designed primarily to make white people, and especially white liberals, feel good about themselves.

Unfortunately, minorities often suffer so that whites can pat themselves on the back. Liberals routinely admit minorities to schools for which they are not qualified, yet take no responsibility for the inevitable poor performance and high drop-out rates which follow. Liberals don't care if these minority students fail; liberals aren't around to witness the emotional devastation and deflated self esteem resulting from the racist policy that is affirmative action. Yes, racist.

Holding someone to a separate standard merely because of the color of his skin -- that's affirmative action in a nutshell, and if that isn't racism, then nothing is. And that is what America did to Obama.

True, Obama himself was never troubled by his lack of achievements, but why would he be? As many have noted, Obama was told he was good enough for Columbia despite undistinguished grades at Occidental; he was told he was good enough for the US Senate despite a mediocre record in Illinois; he was told he was good enough to be president despite no record at all in the Senate. All his life, every step of the way, Obama was told he was good enough for the next step, in spite of ample evidence to the contrary. What could this breed if not the sort of empty narcissism on display every time Obama speaks?

In 2008, many who agreed that he lacked executive qualifications nonetheless raved about Obama's oratory skills, intellect, and cool character. Those people -- conservatives included -- ought now to be deeply embarrassed. The man thinks and speaks in the hoariest of clichés, and that's when he has his teleprompter in front of him; when the prompter is absent he can barely think or speak at all. Not one original idea has ever issued from his mouth -- it's all warmed-over Marxism of the kind that has failed over and over again for 100 years.

And what about his character? Obama is constantly blaming anything and everything else for his troubles. Bush did it; it was bad luck; I inherited this mess. It is embarrassing to see a president so willing to advertise his own powerlessness, so comfortable with his own incompetence. But really, what were we to expect? The man has never been responsible for anything, so how do we expect him to act responsibly?

In short: our president is a small and small-minded man, with neither the temperament nor the intellect to handle his job. When you understand that, and only when you understand that, will the current erosion of liberty and prosperity make sense. It could not have gone otherwise with such a man in the Oval Office .

The things that come to those that wait may be the things left by those who got there first.

Unk
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
[Linked Image]

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A

Takes the term "Demented" to a whole nuther level. I truly feel sorry for the young that are going to inherit all this that has been set up for them.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Democrats are choosing their opposition through the State controlled media. Romney is thier man, because he has the least to offer America and will be the easiest to defeat. It is nothing other than that.

Romney can easily beat Obama. The democrats want Bachmann or Perry, they look loony to the average voter.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think he is innocient & I would poke that blonde one so good she would boil rabbits for me every day of the week.

Last edited by iambrb; 11/09/11.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep yo pimp hand strong Herman! grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm voting for Herman Cain. We've had too many career politician. Now we need someone who can really speak for the people.

Sassy

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Another Cain supporter here!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Still thinking I will be voting for him.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Scott F
Still thinking I will be voting for him.
Not me, but because he's a banker's lapdog. Nothing to do with these charges which stink to me of political opportunism.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by jimmyp
in this country you are innocent until proven guilty...unless your Herman Cain of course.

...or Clarence Thomas, or any other African-American Republican...

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by jimmyp
in this country you are innocent until proven guilty...unless your Herman Cain of course.

...or Clarence Thomas, or any other African-American Republican...
Or any other Republican, for that matter.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by efw
[quote=jimmyp]in this country you are innocent until proven guilty...unless you have a CDL of course. [/quote
fixed it for you.

But atleast pissing in a jar to prove your not on dope is safer than pissing in the wind not expecting to get wet or putting another unqualified black guy in the oval office which is what the media wants. Just the way I see it,no I think she is a put up deal too but that don't make Cain qualified either. Magnum Man

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

I'm glad I'm not running for office.

There was that time on the Embarcadero in my old VW with Fifi, and then that time in my boat off Point Chauncey with Roxie and the Wesson oil, and then there was that time on the beach in the fog with (I forget her name) and did I tell you about that redeye flight from San Francisco to Miami...? I could go on---and on.

Names have been changed to protect the co-conspritors who never once complained or filed charges. But then I'm not running for office.

I doubt that anybody would endorse you anyway.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (17Fan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,319
Posts18,487,362
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.