-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Upon further reflection I am changing my mind.

I don't think a bear did that. Those dig marks are too random. They would be straight up and down if they were bear claws. Plus, there are no scratches on the bottom just worn off bark, like it could have been done by the bottom teeth of a moose. blush

I've seen plenty of trees raked by bears though, just sayin......this probably ain't one of them.

Last edited by 99guy; 11/14/11.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How bout a Porcupine.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For Cripes sakes LISTEN for once. Git yur A$$ up to NE and you can WATCH moose do it. You havta git outside da box blind and move around just a tad!!!!!!!!!!! Yur wooden shoes need a clickin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
For Cripes sakes LISTEN for once. Git yur A$$ up to NE and you can WATCH moose do it. You havta git outside da box blind and move around just a tad!!!!!!!!!!! Yur wooden shoes need a clickin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUH?

What?

Serious?

I know...we are all dumb azzes.....sept for you wink

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

HUH?

What?

Serious?

I know...we are all dumb azzes.....sept for you wink

It must be true,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YOU said it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHHDg3uETwY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVf669D_njI&feature=related

These are a "couple examples" Not exactly eating from the trunk of the tree,,,,,,YET!!!!!!!!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too tired tonight to argue with that kind of insight and logic.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be in a better mood.

~Admiral Yamamoto~

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Fussy bunch here tonight! Hope you two don't hunt the same woods anytime soon. Anyway any dumbazz can tell that mark was made by Sasquatch so you're both wrong.

Endure Fortis
Marte Suo Tutus
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Quite a SaVAgeD family you have there Gary grin

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
LBK is right. If you have been in moose country much then it is pretty easy to know that this is moose food.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tbjohn
LBK is right. If you have been in moose country much then it is pretty easy to know that this is moose food.

Thank you, but it just ISN'T worth it. You can take the man out of the "flatlands", but you can NOT take the "flatland" out of the man............ I'm stupid and I'll just stay this way.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I love that saying.....I have seen many a flatlander come up with some pretty silly stuff. Most the time I just go along with them. Too hard to set them straight. Then they don't believe ya. I will try and find the pictures of a camp I had that was all scratched up by bear.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Like i said ive seen em doing it !!!!! in the logging business i spent more time in the woods then most here would have drempt about, and in all kinds of weather !!!!! crazy crazy ive seen many strange things happening in the woods ,and a lot of them involve "CITYFOLK" !!!!!! grin grin Don

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
From a NH standpoint this is becoming comical...flatlanders in a true sense was ALWAYS pointed out to me as folk from BELOW the Notch geographically speaking. In which case, if this was true, than the 3 Granite Staters here that chimed in are ALL flatlanders! grin grin grin
Furthermore, if it went in any sort of descending order heading south from north and nearest the Notch...Don is closest, I be next and hell...LBK...you're so close to the MA border we may as well call you Kennedy or Kerry and just call it good! whistle whistle whistle

***disclaimer*** Every rule has it's exceptions, and in Don's case I believe this to be true! He made his living in the woods...good enuff for a city kid like me!

^^^^^^^Truth be told, I can be in Boston in 45 minutes^^^^

Last edited by fatjack34; 11/15/11.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
John,My great grandfather was born in Pittsburg N.H., I may be a little south in the Banana belt,but its far from flat here!!!!from my property on the river i can see thru the notch !!!!! grin Don

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Are you on the pemi?

Pretty sure on a clear, calm day, LBK can hear the debates of his MA neighbors on Beacon Hill in Boston... whistle

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a 30 acre piece on the pemi,where my sugar house is . Don

F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Very Nice Don! I was told a long time ago and it made good sense...just have not acted on the advice which was : "Land is the one thing God isn't making any more of"...

I got to get some more coffee and head out...I will catch up with you backwoods birds later! You too LBK! grin

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
better make it decalf!!!!! grin

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
So, are there also flying squirrels up there co-habitating with y'alls mooses (moosi, meese, mice, etc.)? How far are you from Chagrin Falls?

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yup ,i used to have pet flying squirrels, they were in a dead stub i knocked over when it was hit by a falling tree !! grin and they were not named "ROCKY" and wasn't that "FROSTBITE FALLS"????? grin grin i had the squirrels trained if i held my hat upside down and waved it they would climb up the curtain and leap into my hat ,they were really smart little critters. grin Don

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

461 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 260madman, 50 invisible), 2,160 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,267
Posts18,504,938
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.