Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone own one that doesn't shoot gerbil pellets in to .5" at 50 yards in a tornado? smile smile

Just curious ... found a NIB 452 Lux for $388 .... not a great price, but they're not making them anymore either ....

.... never heard of one NOT shooting Sub MOA here at 24HCF.

No one has had a bad one? ... or are you afeared of ridicule if you spoke out?

Thanks for any input ...

Best to you,
-g

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by avagadro
Does anyone own one that doesn't shoot gerbil pellets in to .5" at 50 yards in a tornado? smile smile

Just curious ... found a NIB 452 Lux for $388 .... not a great price, but they're not making them anymore either ....

.... never heard of one NOT shooting Sub MOA here at 24HCF.

No one has had a bad one? ... or are you afeared of ridicule if you spoke out?

Thanks for any input ...

Best to you,
-g

I have never heard of an inaccurate CZ m452 in 22LR if the gun is simply fed ammo it likes.

That is due to two things.

1) They have great barrels with DEEP grooved rifling for good accuracy with lead bullets.

2) They have a tight semi-match style chamber (very close to a "Bentz" style)

The damn things simply shoot. It's been my experience that pound for pound they will shoot with any Anschutz sporter made when fed the same quality ammo.

In the other calibers they are made, a turd or two has been found over the years but they are extremely rare.

Last edited by jim62; 11/05/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My 452 shoots a heck of a lot better than I do. Love it!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've had my CZ453 (a Model 452 with a factory-installed single-set trigger added) "Varmint" Model (heavy 20" barrel, no sights) for a bit over 3 years and can only speak of my experience with my CZ453.

As Jim62 sez, as long as you use the brand/style of ammo your individual CZ rifle "likes"... it will shoot very accurately. My own Model 453 is very, very accurate with Wolf Match Target ammo, but then... most CZs seem to like that ammo. It will shoot round after round into or almost into the same hole at 50 yards.

While I've never heard of any CZ452 or CZ453 that would NOT shoot quite accurately, I'm sure CZ made a few "klunkers"... it's almost impossible NOT to have done so.

Jus' my 2�... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never heard of a CZ452 or 453 that wasn't superbly accurate. My 452 Varmint shoots sub 3/8" 5-shot groups at 50 yards all day long, with many groups into one hole - and that with American Eagle bulk ammo and a marginal scope. Only thing I've done to it is the usual bargain trigger tuning. Folks who bother to find it's favorite ammo and do a little bedding work including precision torquing of the bedding screw report improvements over stock accuracy as well. Come to think of it - I have read of a couple 452s that weren't quite what they should have been, until the screws were torqued properly. IIRC, it's easy to get them too tight.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I don't think my varmint will do as well as yours, but it will hold sub .5 with the occasional flyer that just drives me nuts! I bought mine used with an 8 oz trigger that is simply outstanding. It shoots so well I am afraid to touch a screw and have never had it out of the stock to look at the mysterious barrel lug mounted in front of the receiver that is the second action screw. I am curious as to the 453 varmint and their action screw placement?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Thumper...

My 453 "Varmint" has two action screws, one just in front of the trigger guard and one just behind the trigger guard. I had my action screws pillar-bedded, the whole action glas-bedded and the heavy barrel re-floated by my gunsmith.

Hope this is the info helps... smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.

It's smart to hang around old guys 'cause they know lotsa stuff...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My 452 17m2 shoots real, real well

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had/have around 10 of these...Scouts, Americans, Special/Trainers and one varmint...

Converted two Scouts and one Trainer to use two action screws. I still prefer two action screws, but none of them ever shot significantly better than the one action screw models.

They all have shot 0.5" and sub routinely (at 50 yards) with ammo they like. Wolf match target is the highest price point I have shot (back when it was $20 and $25 a brick), and be sure to try out some of the more inexpensive ammo...the best groups I've got out of mine were in the low .300's and it was with the (unfortunately no longer available) PMC Sidewinder.

Unfortunately .22 ammo can vary from lot to lot and your gun may not shoot the same ammo from a differnt lot as the last, if you find some cheap ammo that is accurate with your rifle, buy as much as you can.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
My son-in-law Andy has a 452 left hand American that he put a YoDave trigger kit in. My brother, Randy has a 452 Euro that he put a Timney in. I have a box stock 453 American. Their rifles are nice, and they ALL shoot really well. I'd still take my 453 over theirs. I think my trigger is every bit as good as the Timney without using the single set.

Mine shoots the Federal Blue box bulk ammo very well. I have some subsonic and some target stuff that I will try some day, but I am very happy with my 453. Only a sample of three rifles, but they are all very good shooters.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I shoot a 452 Training rifle in 22LR. Wolf and CCI SV ammo shoots the best in it, with Federal 510, Federal AE and even Winchester Wildcat coming in close behind. Never any problems with accuracy from different ammo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have one. It was, no kidding, the best money I've ever spent on a rifle ($300 new about 5 years ago). I love it. Super accurate (really) and good quality.

"You cannot miss fast enough to win."-- Ross Seyfried
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My first Cz 452 Varmint in .17 HMR shot well, but it had a headspace issue. I sent it back to CZ-USA and they replaced the rifle with a new one, whcih incidently had a beautiful stock. However, the new one shoots the 20 gr XTP bullets into a group under an inch, but the 17 gr bullets shoot groups that are 2 inches or larger! I keep hoping it will break in and shoot the 17 gr bullets better....but it hasn't yet with a few hundred rounds through it.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by avagadro

I bought a 455 earlier this year with a .22 & .17 HMR barrel. With the .17 barrel, it's the most accurate factory gun I've ever fired. I liked it so much that when they made a special run of 452's in Mach II a couple months ago, I put one on layaway at Whittakers.
My ten day wait is up today & depending on when I get off work, I'll probably be picking it up this evening.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I owned one of the left handed models. Accuracy was not the problem. And I don't only buy a rifle because it is accurate. I want several other nice features in a rifle. And that was where the CZ failed. I really didn't put the rifle through any accuracy tests because I was disappointed in the other features of the rifle.

The rifle came with a decent piece of wood for an inexpensive rifle. I give kuddos for that.

I will tell you the problems my rifle had. Even though I will probably get flamed for saying.

First was the trigger. It was absolutley one of the worst factory triggers I have ever seen on a rifle. It was as bad as the old Savage 110-E's.

Second was the metal work. All the edges on the rifle were sharp, and rough cut. With metal shavings in open sight. Metal finsih was very poor(not bluing).

The largest problem I had with the rifle was the action. It almost took two hands to work the bolt. The action was extremely rough. Bolt lift was terrible, and the bolt simply did not slide. It had to be pulled along. IMO this was due to the poor machining work.

My problems were with the construction of the rifle. So after I noticed these problems it didn't matter how well it shot, I had no further interest in the rifle.

I did buy an additional CZ in 204 Ruger(left handed). That rifle had similar problems, although not as bad. But the 204 did shoot very well. It had a set trigger that was also horrendous.

Five or six years ago the CZ rifles were pretty cheap to buy. And you could overlook some of these problems because the price was so low. However in today's markets the price has risen considerably. And now those other problems can't be overlooked for the higher prices CZ is now asking. Tom.

Last edited by HOGGHEAD; 11/17/11.

West By God Virginia
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
well what happened to jims post ???

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I deleted it after about 5 minutes. It's Really not worth responding to someone that [bleep] clueless. wink

Anyone with any real experience with CZs knows the score-

Literally MILLIONS of satisfied owners of CZ m452 rifles all over the world vs 1 clueless Hillbilly in West Virginia who expects a $1,000 rifle for $300 of his monthly government check.

Last edited by jim62; 11/17/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by jim62
I deleted it after about 5 minutes. It's Really not worth responding to someone that [bleep] clueless. wink

It is not worth responding?? Yet you still do??

Jim please get a life and leave my posts alone. I don't respond to your dribble(besides this). So please show me the same courtesy.

And we both know the real reason why your post was deleted. Tom.

West By God Virginia
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD
And we both know the real reason why your post was deleted. Tom.

Pray tell what was it?

I deleted it myself of my own free will. If you know some OTHER reason I do not, then BY ALL MEANS share it all with us.

It would be just ANOTHER topic of which you have no real clue.

Last edited by jim62; 11/17/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Nice try Jim. And have a very nice evening. Tom.

West By God Virginia
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 68 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,378 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,079
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.