So?

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
look at what is being sold.
autos out number wheelguns 2 two to 1

3-9x40s are most sold scopes. Yet, fixed 2,5x are the pinnicle of hunting optics...

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
A lot of inexperienced people are buying pocket guns, so citing the numbers that buy one type vs the other is pretty meaningless.

PS A huge advantage of the small frame revolver is that you can actually shoot them from a jacket or coat pocket. Try that with a pocket auto, and you will not get more than one round off before it jams up solid.

D
dla Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bea175
Every handgun magazine i purchase and read is nothing but semi-auto handguns and very seldom ever discuss the revolver as a self defense option. I guess in this world of semi-autos the revolver is considered outdated as a conceal carry weapon and law enforcement carry piece. When growing up every policeman was armed with a Model 19 or Model 10, just never see this any longer. I still believe nothing beats a 4 inch 357 Magnum as the number one man stopper.

Nope. Sorry. Some people believe in the tooth fairy as well.

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
A lot of inexperienced people are buying pocket guns, so citing the numbers that buy one type vs the other is pretty meaningless.

PS A huge advantage of the small frame revolver is that you can actually shoot them from a jacket or coat pocket. Try that with a pocket auto, and you will not get more than one round off before it jams up solid.

Why would you be concerned about shooting from a coat pocket? Are you paranoid? grin

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

and if the situation defuses itself you not in trouble for brandishing. my first CCW was a scandium j frame in 357 mag. I had the hammer model which gave me a great SA trigger pull of right at 3#, only problem is I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it. as soon as I put an LCP in my hands it was apparent it was SOOOO much easier to shoot well. its too bad because I have always felt the j frame was a ton more reliable. I don't feel the pocket 380's are all the reliable. if I could hit with a j frame I think I would feel alot better with it in my pocket instead. it will go bang everytime

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by XLTFX4

Why would you be concerned about shooting from a coat pocket? Are you paranoid? grin
I must be since I, like you, believe that you can't make an appointment with a bad guy. wink

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I read in the last NRA magazine that Colt might start making some of their older models again. I hope they come out with the Trooper models and or the King Cobra's. One could only hope.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
as a carry weapon, I am very partial to my S&W Model 65, three inch barrel .357 Mag.
I don't mind carrying my Model 19 or my Python either. laugh
[Linked Image]

Sam......

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as a carry weapon, I am very partial to my S&W Model 65, three inch barrel .357 Mag.
I don't mind carrying my Model 19 or my Python either. laugh
[Linked Image]

That M65 is a jewel, Sam. I have one as well that I treasure. Similar grips, as it happens... fat woodie round butt grips from Altamont. They look almost silly-big, but man, they make it a shooting machine! I've won more than a few IDPA matches with that little K-frame. And yes, it is very easy to carry all day long. The 3" M65 was sold in quantity all over the country as a plainclothes/detective gun. I bought mine very lightly used from a department sale in the 90's when they were converting to 9mm autos. I doubt mine had 100 rounds through it in the 8 years it was carried by the detective I bought it from.

I can't imagine carrying a Python or 686 much for CCW, though. I've tried a 4" 686 now and then, and was miserable. I had a 2.5" that was a little easier to carry, but still heavy. I think the short-barrel K-frames are ideal for revolver CCW.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

X
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
X
Originally Posted by XLTFX4

I must be since I, like you, believe that you can't make an appointment with a bad guy. wink

Exactly! laugh

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
Thomas Jefferson- 1816

NRA Endowment Life member
NYSRPA Life member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Doc, That 65 was rebuilt by S&W to my specs. They replaced the factory 4 inch barrel with a LadySmith 3 inch one.
The action was changed to DAO, with factory bobbed hammer. They installed all new springs, and a trigger stop.
All the internals are new. Really, all that is there from the original is the frame and cylinder.
They did their combat action job on it, and it is an awfully good shooter. I had it regulated for the Winchester 147 grain Silver Tips. Out to 25 yards, it is boring, and still on target at 50.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/27/11.

Sam......

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 1936M71, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,465 guests, and 1,390 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,195
Posts18,485,050
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.