Print Thread
Hop To
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have a 45/70 Marlin I am selling. You guys get the first chance. It's the only model they offered when I bought it new around mid 80's and does not have the safety button.

It has decent walnut for a Marlin with just a bit of hunting wear. I used it for a couple bear seasons and a few times for deer, but it hasn't been out much since the first couple years I had it. The worst detraction it has is not in the wood or metal but the plastic coating on the black plastic spacer on the pistol grip. It got scuffed and turned white-ish where the plastic was scraped. Either work out the plastic with the right sandpaper or just buy a new cap and it's gone. Never bothered me. Helped me remember a hunt.

The bluing looks really good to me. The only wear I can see is around the muzzle end and a little scuff on the magazine tube. I had a Sorbacoil pad put on it right after I got it that needs replacing. It's usable but may mark your clothes. I can send another with it that I have or you can put on whatever you chose. The 'smith who put on the pad tuned the trigger too. He did a nice job on that. I like it anyway. It is not too light but far from heavy with little if any creep. It has a Burris scope base and rings that will come with it. I used a 1.5x5 Leupold with it that I'm keeping but sure works nice! Mine has a German 4 reticle in it. The gun has a hammer extension for scope use.

I was always pleased with the guns accuracy. It's shown several groups under an inch and also to twice that. A pretty reliable inch and a half gun, as I remember. I've got a bunch of good shooting handloads that I would like to sell with the gun. It would be a shame to separate them. I suppose the good groups are the guns and the bad groups more my doing. It does kick. But they are nice handling guns that are fun to shoot.

The price of the Marlin, scope mounts, new pad, and 110 or so 400 grain Speer and about 70 405 grain Remington handloads is $475.00 shipped in the CONUS. The ammo will be heavy and expensive to ship but you can plink for days and either load can take down anything on earth. Both do 1700+.

I'm not interested in trades. Let me know if you have any questions, and the first, "I'll take it", gets it. Thanks.

I do have the original box in good shape.

full rifle

action and mounts

receiver solid side

pistol grip left side

ammo

Last edited by RickyD; 09/21/05.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

G
G
are you interested in just selling the rifle? How much?

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
gicts,
Thanks for the inquiry.

For the rifle with mounts and extra pad $400.00 shipped. Rifle alone, $375.00.

Rick

Last edited by RickyD; 09/22/05.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
C
C
Where are you located? Anywhere near SE PA?

...Chuck

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'm in Iowa.

IC B2

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I'll give a box of handloads to anyone who buys the rifle. That way if your not sure if you want them to start with, you can decide after you see how they shoot. Then if you want them I'll ship the rest to you for 75 bucks. The brass alone would cost about that much.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
$350.00 for the rifle.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
PM sent

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
2nd PM sent

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I didn't get it. PM's can be confusing sometimes. Please resend.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
RickyD, PM sent

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Still available.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 117LBS, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,159
Posts18,502,954
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.