X2

Gunner

Trump Won!
GB1

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I don't have a problem owning The Encore rifles. Never had a bad barrel as some members have spoke about the accuracy of their barrels. I own 4 Blue frames and 1 stainless frame. Picture of my 405 Win.

[Linked Image]

Picture of my :
Top 26" rifled 20ga.
Middle 24" 358 Win
Bottom 405 Win again

[Linked Image]

I don't have pictures of my stainless. I have the 45/70 stainless fluted Katadin Barrel and also a Pro-Hunter stainless fluted 22" 44 mag. I also have 3 other barrels to switch out when I want another caliber. I don't have a picture of my Blue 50 cal.

Ken

Last edited by firearms44; 11/28/11.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by shawnmitchell
My buddy has one and he loves it (although every time we head out he seems to have something else in his hands). I'm thinking it might make a good backup rifle / rifle for my 12 year-old / muzzleloader / slug gun setup. I don't see them mentioned much here. What is the feeling about this system?

Thanks,

Shawn

My 14 year old uses his T/C Pro hunter .50 for our Ml season and a T/C prohunter 20 gauge slug gun for general shotgun season....all the bases are covered. A 25-06 pro hunter barrel
rests in the T/C extra barrel gun case.

Doc

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
No... However you gotta love the folks in marketing who figured out a way to get $600+ out of a polkstock by showing a bunch of people on tv carrying one...LoL

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I still have 3 contender frames, 6 barrels & 4 stock sets. I had 2 Encore frames, 5 barrels & 3 stock sets. I had new trigger speings put in, that solved the trigger problem but nothing could solve the inconsistancy problem.. 1 day they were 1" rifles next day 3" rifles &the POI was always moving, solved that problem by selling them at a loss.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Originally Posted by lhead71
Love mine, but I have a Bergara MZ barrel. I use Blackhorn powder and I can shoot 50 times without cleaning because of the previously mentioned crud ring.

I'd be happy with 10 shots.

I have yet to try blackhorn 209 but I've done everything available leading up to American pioneer gold. It's the best I've tried so far and I'm hopeful that blackhorn will be even better.

Try it you'll like it! No Enchore, but it performs fantastic in my kp1.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
BH209 is the shizzle in my Encore 209x50, 73.5grs weighed on scales + 300gr bullet = good shooting.

A friend has a .405 Win barrel for his Encore and it was real shooter, as was his .35 Whelen, as was his .350 Remington Mag.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like mine just fine. Makes for a short and quick handling rifle in a tree stand or blind. My 28" Pro Hunter in 25-06 is several inches shorter than my 24" 700 in 270.
[Linked Image]

Make sure your quote is correct to avoid being the fool....
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by gahuntertom
I still have 3 contender frames, 6 barrels & 4 stock sets. I had 2 Encore frames, 5 barrels & 3 stock sets. I had new trigger speings put in, that solved the trigger problem but nothing could solve the inconsistancy problem.. 1 day they were 1" rifles next day 3" rifles &the POI was always moving, solved that problem by selling them at a loss.

I too have had that inconsistency, but it has cures.
Switching barrels sometimes but not always, may need a round or two to settle in. Not a problem, as I always shoot a few fouling rounds regardless of the gun make before getting serious. Number 2,,, tightening up the forend unevenly will do it too. I use a torque driver on mine. Then too, be sure the forend (ears)rear, are not contacting the frame. And most importantly, no lube of any kind on the locking bolt and it's frame recess contact areas. If those don't fix it, then it's possible, an iffy frame got out the door. Or it is stretched or stretching by overloading. Like anything else, it does have limitations.
Now some go to hangerbars on the forend, and oversized hinge pins also. I personally haven't found either to be necessary. However, the firearm ain't without fault's, but it's still a very versatile system for the money.

On another note,,,,, most of the the detractors I hear from, have little experience if any, with the TC's. I don't know if it's jealously thing going on, or what? I do know when I go to the range, I have left more than a few sitting there wondering how I can out shoot them.
And yes they are marketed like no other. But marketing dollars don't mean success. The TC's got their market share for reasons beyond advertising dollars.
Like anything else, there will always be those whom swear at something, and those that swear by something. And as I mentioned, I do go custom barrels, that's just a personal choice. For the normal hunting ranges I shoot on biggame, I don't need those either. I would do that on some bolt guns as well. And today, 600 bucks dont get alot anymore, but I would have twice tied up what I do, if all bolt guns.

Life is a journey of many trails, the trail you choose, is not as important as how you walk it.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Love mine, but I have a Bergara MZ barrel. I use Blackhorn powder and I can shoot 50 times without cleaning because of the previously mentioned crud ring.

I have yet to try blackhorn 209 but I've done everything available leading up to American pioneer gold. It's the best I've tried so far and I'm hopeful that blackhorn will be even better.

Dave,

You have to try a can of blackhorn 209, no swabbing in-between shots and 2/3 less smoke.

Doc

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Love mine. 24" 7-08 shoots itty bitty groups. ML shoots awesome too.

ML is SS, and like Daves, will rust in a blink

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore

Dave,

You have to try a can of blackhorn 209, no swabbing in-between shots and 2/3 less smoke.

Doc

I never see any deer to shoot at anyways so I'm safe for the time being with 3 repeats between cleaning grin

but it will be my next can of powder.

Something clever here.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have two Encore frames and have had the following barrels ordered through the custom shop; 25-06, 6.5x55, .270, 300 H&H plus two 35 Whelen barrels that are not custom shop barrels.

Personally, I like the guns. I like the compactness and simple load/unload procedures of single shots in general. I like using them with inexperienced shooters. It's nice to be able to hand one broke open to a young hunter to carry to the stand and then load that one round. Then at the end of the hunt the gun is broke open, unloaded and again the young hunter can carry the gun out.

Back to the Encores. I was infatuated with the multi barrel concept. In reality what I found was that I mainly used my Encores for Ms. primitive weapons season with the 35 Whelen barrels. Even using them in other states and Canada I left the Whelen barrels on. I reached a point where I decided that there was nothing the other barrels did for me that I wouldn't use the Whelens for. I sold all those other barrels and haven't looked back. In general they've all been accurate and the only barrel that caused me problems was the 300 H&H. I had that barrel replaced twice and then said to heck with and changed caliber. In closing I like my Encores and will not be getting rid of them but will probably not buy extra barrels again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

55 members (blackhawk44, aaronward9, 10gaugemag, big_g270, 6mmbrfan, 9 invisible), 1,528 guests, and 801 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,556
Posts18,510,431
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.