-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I fail to see what the fuss is about. People make themselves a victim when they play the victim card. It's not about race, but education and class. Condi is right, the race card is just the victim card of another color. No place is color blind and the poor will always find an excuse for why they are poor.

<<<<<<<<<<<SPACE FOR RENT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"My family had to persevere under those circumstances to educate all of us, and to insist that we might not be able to control our circumstances but we could control our response," Rice told CBS' Bob Schieffer.

...and that's the name of that tune.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ghost: I hope that pitiful video wasn't a serious attempt at discrediting the good Doctor... if you were photographed at every step of your existence, I bet there'd be some scowls you were caught doing, also.

I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that some "journalist" phrased a question to elicit a prescribed response from Condi Rice, and she responded in the most "vanilla" (for lack of a better descriptor) manner possible while still making a point. This whole thread is based on ONE FREAKING PART OF ONE SENTENCE of her ENTIRE RESPONSE! I haven't seen or heard the entire comment, and I highly doubt many of you have, either.

Are any of you familiar with the reviled "spin-tactics" of the MSM? Take one sound byte out of context and cause mass-hysteria in the process?

Pete's Sake.

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"Normal" isn't coming back; Jesus is!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
My family had to persevere under those circumstances to educate all of us,...

Bullshit. Everyone has to persevere...period.

I've grown weary of the black 'experience'. It's crap,and everyone knows it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Really, go to Mexico and see if the Mexican police treat your white ass the same he does the brown ones.

Let me ask you this..let's say Joe Montana goes on vacation in Mexico and his wife turns up stabbed to death. There is all sorts of evidence that points to Joe. Joe claims the Mexicans planted the evidence becasue he refused to pay them money. Would you be as sure Joe was guilty as we were O.J?

Now let's stack the jury with whites from America, you think all the Mexicans will call us ignorant dumphucks when we acquit? laugh

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Ghost: I hope that pitiful video wasn't a serious attempt at discrediting the good Doctor

Nope. It was a spoof of a Family Guy episode. Perhaps I'll post it.

I dislike Rice and the whole Bush regime though, make no mistake.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Really, go to Mexico and see if the Mexican police treat your white ass the same he does the brown ones.

Let me ask you this..let's say Joe Montana goes on vacation in Mexico and his wife turns up stabbed to death. There is all sorts of evidence that points to Joe. Joe claims the Mexicans planted the evidence becasue he refused to pay them money. Would you be as sure Joe was guilty as we were O.J?

This aint Mexico, Junior.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

This aint Mexico, Junior.

Ya, but you get the point Dad.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She's right but it has nothing to do with slavery. As long as the majority of black people keep acting like the majority of black people do today of course we will still see race in this country. Be an idiot not to.

Otto is my co-pilot.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Amazing that Dr. Rice, who (until Hussein was "selected") proclaimed her successes were on merit, now starts playing the race card.

Anyone ever looked at how many minority scholarships, .gov programs, hiring preferences, loan options, etc., are PREDICATED on race? The U.S. will never be race-blind, because there's too much money and power for and to .gov to perpetuate race-baiting.

Shawn,

I don't think she is playing the race card, just commenting that America will never be color blind....I think she is right.

Doc

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
the focus on race has come from the race baiters and civil rights pimps for at least the last thirty years or so.

race/gender/class.....the great dividing wedges that define the liberal mind.

remember how Obama was going to be, like...post-racial?

pretty much turned out like all the other hopenchange lies.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NathanL
She's right but it has nothing to do with slavery. As long as the majority of black people keep acting like the majority of black people do today of course we will still see race in this country. Be an idiot not to.

So you can say with certainty that if you lived amongst a majority that once treated your people as animals and subhumans, you would be good to go because today there are laws prohibiting such, and you personally hadn't ever experienced it to that magnitude? Your grandfather might have been denied access and called [bleep] but now because of new laws, you haven't? You would have no resentment towards that majority?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nobody alive today was a slave, or even the child of a slave.

nobody alive today in this country ever owned a slave or saw a slave.

I don't really buy PTSD from reading about something that happened to someone six or seven generations ago, nor is it an excuse for crime, drug addiction, and all the other deviant pathologies which cripple the black community and are responsible for the perception...which is accurate, that blacks are more likely to be criminals and/or government dependents than the average citizen.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Doesn't it give many of you pause that somebody who is respected and revered on this site in regards to almost all her beliefs, policies and accomplishments, sees something different from all the whites on this board? Instead of trying to understand it through her eyes, you just choose to suddenly marginalize her as another black whiner playing the race card?

It's value statements like these that are used to by many to cloak the message they have and are hoping it produces a much more visceral response than being "uncomfortable". Condi doesn't get a pass because she's Condi. In fact, she has a greater responsibility because she is Condi to NOT make racially-charged statements, which in today's climate, means avoiding the topic altogether.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
F'k her.

Gawd you are an ass-hole. She merely states her opinion (and she is as entitled to hers as you are to yours) and your response is an obscenity? "F'k her"? How about "F'k you". Condi Rice has been a pretty loyal conservative foot soldier. She did not say we were a racist country. Only that we would never be "race blind". How in hell does that merit a "f'k her"??

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Amazing that Dr. Rice, who (until Hussein was "selected") proclaimed her successes were on merit, now starts playing the race card.

Anyone ever looked at how many minority scholarships, .gov programs, hiring preferences, loan options, etc., are PREDICATED on race? The U.S. will never be race-blind, because there's too much money and power for and to .gov to perpetuate race-baiting.

Moron. In what sense did she play the race card? Gawd you are truly stupid.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
nobody alive today was a slave, or even the child of a slave.

nobody alive today in this country ever owned a slave or saw a slave.

I don't really buy PTSD from reading about something that happened to someone six or seven generations ago, nor is it an excuse for crime, drug addiction, and all the other deviant pathologies which cripple the black community and are responsible for the perception...which is accurate, that blacks are more likely to be criminals and/or government dependents than the average citizen.

Word.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

So you can say with certainty that if you lived amongst a majority that once treated your people as animals and subhumans, you would be good to go because today there are laws prohibiting such, and you personally hadn't ever experienced it to that magnitude? Your grandfather might have been denied access and called [bleep] but now because of new laws, you haven't? You would have no resentment towards that majority?

The fact that a minority of black people seem to manage just fine and be very sucessful in everyday life and business despite coming from the same exact gene pool of former slaves seems to prove that it's entirely based on attitude.

I know one thing for certain. If you sit around and bitch and moan about stuff 150 years ago you likely aren't going to get a whole lot of nothing done today.

I got a lot of black guys who work for me. I hear the crap all the time...from the guys at the very bottom who will never work their way out of the bottom. Funny I never seem to hear it from my shop foreman who makes $300k/year and started off with the company washing the trucks part time and has a piss poor LA public school education.

Thoe who can - do. Those who can't - sit around and bitch about something they never experienced 150 years ago.

I'm sorry if you feel like the "man" is keeping you down. The man didn't make you have 3 kids before you were 21 years of age. The "man" didn't make you drop out of school. The "man" is not making you idolize the thug lifestyle. The "man" isn't making you live welfare check to welfare check for generations.

Get over it.

Otto is my co-pilot.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm sorry if you feel like the "man" is keeping you down. The man didn't make you have 3 kids before you were 21 years of age. The "man" didn't make you drop out of school. The "man" is not making you idolize the thug lifestyle. The "man" isn't making you live welfare check to welfare check for generations.

Get over it.

Extremely well-said.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,342 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.