Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I myself have stalked quiet a bit for a R93 in 7mm-08 & 338WM. Now I have the new R8 Pro.
So far I have used a 300Wby & 7mmRM. But just traded those for the practical 9.3x62, which is a great cal & fast gaining a reputation for walking em up........
The more I use/shoot this cal the more I luv it.

What you men got?

If some are cautious about the straight-pull system, you will want to checkout the NEW Blaser R8.
Fast, one of the strongest actions, de-cocking safety, quality! List too long to mention.

Last edited by 340Wby; 11/30/11. Reason: typo

Taking my rifle for a walk
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I like my K95 kipplaufs more than any other rifles. They are short and handy, light, accurate, have a fantastic trigger, and take down easily. Their mounting system is the same one the R93 and R8 use, simple and very precise take off mounts.
BBerg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to own one with all the barrels I want, but for the price I can have a BAT machine action, krieger barrel, mcmillan stock, all put together glass bedded etc for less money.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm a Blaser man! (Just haven't saved up enough yet.)

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I went all in R93 3 years ago, Sold most of my other guns and now have 222 sporter, 22-250 heavy fluted, 7mm mag standard and my favorite 375 H&H cut to 20" with Answer break. All shoot great!! I mean 222 sporter barrel 5 shots .257" with 3 different loads, The 250 I hitting golfball size rocks at 400 yds to the point its boring. 7mm does very good havent had a lot of time with it yet. The 375 my friends call the death ray (anything I point it at dies from 50 yds to 350 just point, squeeze, flop)
I have had custom rifles and even built a few myself but like the way the R93 works. I have a Leatherman with all the tools to take it down remove scopes or do anything I need in the field.
Still would like a 28 ga shotgun barrel. But what else could one want?
Ya They are expensive but what is 4 custon rifles going to cost you.

Rockhounding and varmint huntin
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I prefer a pull over with tie. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I currently own 2 complete R-93 rifles with barrels in 7mm-08, 22lr and 300 wsm (I keep the .22LR as a complete rifle and switch the 2 rifle barrels around when needed on the other receiver). I also own a K-95 Luxus in 308. Best thing about the Blasers other than the accuracy is the way they break down for travel. I feel I have enough barrels to hunt anything I'm ever going to go after, but would like a 375 and 22-250 someday.

dhg Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
I would love to own one with all the barrels I want, but for the price I can have a BAT machine action, krieger barrel, mcmillan stock, all put together glass bedded etc for less money.

The Blaser is still the better hunting rifle. It is three inches shorter thru the action, so it points like a lever. And it repeats as fast as a lever. Every barrel i have had is capable of .5MOA. I can pull it down and put it back together in a minute, and it'll still shoot to exactly the same point. It is more corrosion resistant. I can mount a larger objective lens scope lower because it mounts to the barrel. And it is now the only rifle i need. Whether i am using it as a varmint rifle or big game rifle, it perfoms the role better than any rifle i have owned previously.

And ultimately, you can only carry one rifle at a time. Hunting in remote areas in NZ, i can even take two barrels with me and effectively have two guns - a long range barrel for chamois and tahr on the peaks, and a thumper for elk.

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dhg

The Blaser is still the better hunting rifle. It is three inches shorter thru the action, so it points like a lever. And it repeats as fast as a lever. Every barrel i have had is capable of .5MOA. I can pull it down and put it back together in a minute, and it'll still shoot to exactly the same point. It is more corrosion resistant. I can mount a larger objective lens scope lower because it mounts to the barrel. And it is now the only rifle i need. Whether i am using it as a varmint rifle or big game rifle, it perfoms the role better than any rifle i have owned previously.

And ultimately, you can only carry one rifle at a time. Hunting in remote areas in NZ, i can even take two barrels with me and effectively have two guns - a long range barrel for chamois and tahr on the peaks, and a thumper for elk.

Yes indeed!

I too have had customs & semi-customs built up, but nothing has ever come close to my Blasers. Not even my NULA, & I luv that rifle!
1/2" is easy with the right ammo, if I do my part.....

The kicker now is. The R8 is officially the strongest action ever tested by DEVA. Scoring an impressive 210,000thou PSI without letting go.
Plain & simple. Da Germans just do it better!!!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am currently in possession of three R-93 Professionals in 270 Win, 308 Win semiweight, and a 9.3x62 "tracker" length, a BBF97 combo gun in 12 ga over 308, and a recently acquired a K95 Prestige in 30-06. I have to say that the K95 is fast becoming my "go to" rifle.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by dhg

No problems with rust? I wouldn't mind selling off a few guns and trying one in a lefty version. One of my main concerns would be how well the rifle would hold up in the harsh weather conditions that I hunt in, while I am on my 3 week hunting trips. Sure is alot of money for a R8.

NEVER GIVE UP
dhg Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The gas nitriding process they use is definitely better than stainless, and also makes a very hard surface. But they are made of metal - they will rust if you don't look after them i am sure. I have never heard of one with a corrosion issue, though.

What i really like is that you get the greater strength and consistancy of quality cromoly steel, with superior corrosion resitance to stainless. I have two friends who are metallurgical engineers (and keen shooters) and i have been influenced by their arguments that stainless steel at this point in time remains an inferior material to build a lightweight bolt-action rifle with.

If your dad doesn't have a beard, you've got two mums
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by BIGR

No problems with rust?

I carry one of my Blasers in a gun rack on the front of my 4 wheeler on a daily basis in all weather conditions, and I have never had even a hint of surface rust on any of them. I second the opinion that the nitride finish is better than stainless. [Linked Image]

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
What about that R8 Pro that comes in a case with the Zeiss scope and some other stuff (knife, flashlight) for about $3500? Is that a good deal?

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BIGR
No problems with rust? I wouldn't mind selling off a few guns and trying one in a lefty version. One of my main concerns would be how well the rifle would hold up in the harsh weather conditions that I hunt in, while I am on my 3 week hunting trips. Sure is alot of money for a R8.

They take some punishment then some!
Mine is subjected to the wet most of the times, as well as dry n dusty conditions, with never an issue with rust.
I don't even pull mine outa the stock to wipe it down either.

The Blaser coating is outstanding.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AFTERUM
What about that R8 Pro that comes in a case with the Zeiss scope and some other stuff (knife, flashlight) for about $3500? Is that a good deal?

That R8 package deal is a bargain.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 340Wby
Originally Posted by AFTERUM

That R8 package deal is a bargain.

I wonder if you can get the left hand version for that same price?

NEVER GIVE UP
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
What is the 7mm Blaser Mag? Saw it on their list of calibers and have never heard of it. Thanks.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
It's Blasers own range of 'new' cals.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (10gaugemag, 44automag, Anaconda, 450yukon, 11 invisible), 1,045 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,382
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.