Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Les is on ESPN right now, saying all the right things, in Les-speak. He's still honored to get Bama again.

Gotta say Les has really impressed me this year. His interviews have gone much much better and his comments after the bama game were very very classy.

I really look forward to the game and think the BCS got it right, I don't think any other team can match up with LSU the way Alabama can. Now as a UA alumn, I might be a bit biased.

Hoping Sean will let me take a chance of winning a box of bullets off him, darn guy got me the first time!

Forgot to add, if (and when) we beat LSU I believe a shared National Championship is in order. Ya'll won the first time, that is the only way I can see it being fair.

Last edited by 444Matt; 12/04/11. Reason: added shared NC statement
GB1

P
prm Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nothing unusual about having teams play each other again for a championship. Could happen in Superbowl or just about any other sport. Difference is, now it's for the Championship. Winner is champion, period.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Careful what you ask for..... smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Well that sucks. I saw a map showing what we plain folks voted for (Alabama or OSU) to face LSU for the crown. Only 3 southern states wanted LSU.... all else wanted to see OSU. This "part deux" is flat stupid and in my view unjustified. Screw 'em both!

-=[Bob]=-
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GeoW
Careful what you ask for..... smile

In a very big way...especially, this time.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The first so called game of the century was a snoozer and I will find something else to watch during the rematch.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
lots of people say that now....but watch the ratings. bet you give in to temptation when the time comes. wink

putting all the BS aside....it's the two best teams playing. not what I wanted, but there it is.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I may be very, very wrong on this one but I don't think the controversy has really begun in earnest yet. If things play out the right way in the bowls leading up to the NT game there could be some real heat over this one.

Not saying that Bama deserves it or not. Who the hell knows?

But let's be honest for a minute, this game was put together based on assumptions from the last few years results in bowl games. I don't know that these assumptions are true this season. MOF I stated before the season that I felt a shift in conference strength. Watching this season unfold has reinforced that belief to me.

For the assumptions that this game was based on to hold true the SEC has to come out and do their usual mopup of the competition as the bowl lineup plays itself out. Only this year I don't think they will. MOF I don't think they come close.

Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think some fans on both sides are puckering a little.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't know, Will.....the SEC's matchups look pretty good, even considering the down card weakness. I really like Vandy over Cincy. wink

But what you're saying is exactly the reason I wanted LSU and Bama to play....and dismember...OOC opponents in the bowls.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

putting all the BS aside....it's the two best teams playing. not what I wanted, but there it is.

This coming from the same person who claimed it unlikely that OSU would beat OU yesterday??.

More SEC biased drivel.

Last edited by jim62; 12/04/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootem
I think some fans on both sides are puckering a little.

It will be a great contest.. if you team ain't a combatant smile

Hell, I'm gonna love it as a don't have a favorite in this one, just watching some pure football!

And...it's a Win-Win for the SEC.

Last edited by GeoW; 12/04/11.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know, Will.....the SEC's matchups look pretty good, even considering the down card weakness. I really like Vandy over Cincy. wink

But what you're saying is exactly the reason I wanted LSU and Bama to play....and dismember...OOC opponents in the bowls.

Yeah tell me about it. I been watching the Big Ten play uphill for years now in bowl season. It makes you look worse than you are.

This season? I like the matchups. And I don't like the matchups for the SEC... or at least some of them. This could be the SEC's equivalent of the Big Ten's 2006 season. This wasn't the year for the powers that be to put two SEC teams in the title game.

Will

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by jim62

This coming from the same person who claimed it unlikely that OSU would beat OU yesterday??.

More SEC biased drivel.

I'm not SEC biased and I honestly thought OU was going to rain on OSU's parade. I'm glad they didn't though but that's how I thought it was going to go given the way OU handled Iowa St, Ks St and the Aggies. But that's kind of how the Big 12 has been this year ... W/L's coming and going around for all. The Pokes simply overwhelmed the Sooners. Great game.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
nope....SC, GA, and ARK might bring it. Fla. might jump on Ohio State just for old times sake. Auburn? not hardly.

I really do like the Commodores to win their bowl.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hot damn, was the best football game I've seen in a spell, two great defenses slugging it out and one mistake by either of them and there goes the ball game!

I actually thought Bama looked pretty danged good in that game.

it's a coin toss imo.

LSU appears to have more depth, but I'm thinking some Tide boys will be ready to roll.

should be another good one.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Florida is going to get spanked. Big time. They don't want any part of tOSU at this point in the season. They grew past their futility, the time to get them was back in september.

Georgia and Michigan State are going to put on a whale of a ball game. That one ought to be colorful and intense. But again, I like State in this one. This ain't the State team that didn't make the trip against Bama last season. They are much better.

Nebraska and SC... don't know about that one either way. The Huskers are kind of flaky. Great one week, out to lunch the next. I like SC's new QB though, he is an upgrade and may be the difference.

VA and Auburn... who knows? Same for Wake Forest and MSU. But even if they win, what does it matter? For this game to be justified the SEC needs big time out of conference scalps and I don't see them getting them this time around.

Will

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
lots of people say that now....but watch the ratings. bet you give in to temptation when the time comes. wink

Na, I checked out on the first one at halftime. It was like watching a 0-0 tie in soccer.
I like games along the lines of USC/Texas a few years back. That was the best college game I have ever seen, and thats coming from an Aggie!
I agree that they are the top two, but if Alabama should win, then they should play a best of three since they would both have 1 loss at each others hands.

Last edited by GAP243; 12/04/11.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GAP243

Na, I checked out on the first one at halftime. It was like watching a 0-0 tie in soccer.

So you'd turn off the TV in the seventh inning of a no-hitter?

There's more to the game than offense. I like a 56-49 track meet as much as anyone and the Texas-USC game was a classic, but there's a lot of appeal to a game where the defenses dictate the flow rather than the offenses, where every yard is important and every field goal attempt is crucial. The first LSU-Bama game pitted two teams that normally score 40+ points shut down by two dominating defenses. It was a treat to see defense played that well and rare to see it played at that level by both teams.

I'm glad most football games aren't like that or it would turn into soccer, but every now and then it's a treat.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by NYH1
Originally Posted by JohnMoses
Originally Posted by NYH1

WE NEED A PLAYOFF SYSTEM!!! wink

I agree. We had two deserving teams vying for #2 and unfortunately, someone got the shaft.

OSU was deserving as well. They're going to rain on someones parade in a bowl game.

Bama/LSU should be a great game though.

ALL SEC CHAMPIONSHIP. It doesn't get any better than that for a conference.

JM

It should be #1 LSU -vs- #4 Stanford in one bowl game and #2 Alabama -vs- #3 Oklahoma State in another bowl game. Winners play for the National Championship Bowl Game. Just my $.02, YMMV.

NYH1! wink

Why Stanford? Hell Stanford didn't even win their division much less their conference. Stanford is SLOW AND WAY OVER RATED

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 44 invisible), 2,748 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,628
Posts18,474,244
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.