Print Thread
Hop To
G
GAP243 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
First off I am cursed by being a Cowboys fan since Jimmy Johnson was run off by Big Jer, but I can't help noticing how crappy this league has become in the 15 years or so.
This Cowboys team and others just like it actually have a chance to win a division just goes to show how watered down this league is.
The NFL as a whole just sucks. You have had teams make it into the playoffs in past years by being 8-8 or 9-7 and maybe I am wrong but didn't the Seahawks make it in being 7-9 or something ridiculous.
Not only that but the actual football being played at times is a downright travesty. Sloppy play, ill prepared teams, bad coaching, while players make millions and the league making billions for this kind of play.
I am thankful that football season is in the fall and most of the time I am out hunting and not watching but I watched today and don't know how much more I can stomach.

However I might just be ranting since Garrett iced his own kicker and the Cowboys lost another game they probably should have won.

Last edited by GAP243; 12/04/11.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Astute observations.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Watching the bone-edhead plays and STUPID penalties by the "Loins" shows they are more worried about their individual images than winning the game. The "team" is out of this sport, regardless of the lip service they give it.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Try watching the Packers, Patriots, Texans, or the Ravens for a while.

There's still great football being played, just not in the big D this year.

G
GAP243 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Good football will return to Dallas once the Cowboys are no longer owned by the Jones'.
Yep, 5 good teams, will include the Steelers as well, but the other 27 are mediocre at best or just horrible.

IC B2

G
GAP243 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by BrentD
Watching the bone-edhead plays and STUPID penalties by the "Loins" shows they are more worried about their individual images than winning the game. The "team" is out of this sport, regardless of the lip service they give it.

Yep, but at least your not an Eagle fan! And it looks like with the Lions tonight that the coach won't get the chance to ice his own kicker!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think your a little tainted by that puzzling call by Garrett,poor management of the clock as well.

I don't think the league as a whole sucks,but rather proof of parity in the league. Any given Sunday it's anyone's game.

I am pretty tired of the arrogance and theatrics of some of the players though.

G
GAP243 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
G
No, I don't think it was just Dallas losing today. I just don't remember football as a whole being this sloppy. It seems like it is almost every game, for one of the teams or both. The Cowboys have been like this since Jimmy left, but just ill prepared teams. And I agree with you about the players like Desean Jackson, T.O. and countless others. And for that matter why are most of those type of players wide receivers??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why did Garrett call that time out?

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kenneth
I think your a little tainted by that puzzling call by Garrett,poor management of the clock as well.

I don't think the league as a whole sucks,but rather proof of parity in the league. Any given Sunday it's anyone's game.

I am pretty tired of the arrogance and theatrics of some of the players though.

Yep, they blew away 24 second while having two timeouts left.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Thank Rozelle and Tagliabue for the mediocre football we get to watch these days. They were both (especially Rozelle) HUGE proponents of "parity" within the NFL. To me, parity in sports at any level, but especially in the pro's, is a joke. Let the better teams and savvy owners be allowed to be successful, dominate even, like in the business (real) world. There are probably half a dozen NFL teams that shouldn't really exist but they're propped up through the inequitable league-wide money sharing policies in place (merchandise and TV revenue).

(This mini-rant brought to you by an embittered 49ers fan. Sorry guys, I got spoiled in the '80's and '90's.)

I'm becoming more tolerant of intolerant people.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd sure like to see a kick ass coach start handing out fines for field displays, end zone dances, and stuff like that.
Saw one team get a delay of game today because a receiver caught a first down pass and and after being tackled, get up and run down field showing off instead of getting ready for another play. At least on team mate was down there with him.
That energy should be saved for the game
Discipline is completely lacking on most teams, leading to penalties and sloppy plays. Lombardi and Landry would have fixed that in a hurry

Last edited by Tracks; 12/04/11.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
With the money those guys make, a fine means nothing. Pull them off the field for a quarter or a half. That'll get their attention.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Originally Posted by KCBighorn
Try watching the Packers, Patriots, Texans, or the Ravens for a while.

There's still great football being played, just not in the big D this year.

Yep. Add the Niners to that list as well.

Last edited by VAnimrod; 12/05/11.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
I'd sure like to see a kick ass coach start handing out fines for field displays, end zone dances, and stuff like that.
Saw one team get a delay of game today because a receiver caught a first down pass and and after being tackled, get up and run down field showing off instead of getting ready for another play. At least on team mate was down there with him.
Discipline is completely lacking on most teams, leading to penalties and sloppy plays. Lombardi and Landry would have fixed that in a hurry

I know it makes me an old fart, but I'd love to see a couple hundred forced haircuts in the NFL.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
Originally Posted by Tracks

I know it makes me an old fart, but I'd love to see a couple hundred forced haircuts in the NFL.

Agree with both posts entirely.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by okok
Why did Garrett call that time out?

Play clock was running down.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I agree wholeheartedly that the NFL sucks today and hasn't been worth watching in over a decade. Plan B started the demise and once full free agency took hold, it lost it's former charm and link to the city where the teams/players played.

Add in the PC nature,ridiculous fines and arbitrary rule interpretations that change from week to week and I wouldn't go to an NFL game is the tickets were free and I was given free beer..... well, maybe the latter, but it would have to be a lot of beer.

As to the haircuts though, yeah, I miss the old days of short haircuts. whistle

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,611
Posts18,473,902
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.